UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Announced New Line Up For 2016
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Garmin Announced New Line Up For 2016

Garmin announced new products today for 2016. You can go to Garmins Website and get full details or the vendor board here as I will have the information up soon. Like always if you have any questions I will be glad to try and help out.

New for 2016
Astro 430 Handheld packaged with a T5 or T5 Mini. Also available is a rechargeable battery pack

Garmin Drivetrack 70

Fenix 3 multi sport watch is now compatable with Astro 430, Alpha 100 and Drivetrack which allows you look at your watch and see where your dogs are.

https://youtu.be/ohS03SzzsyA

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ohS03SzzsyA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 06-16-2016 at 04:50 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-16-2016 01:40 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marcus McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

HAVE THESE COME OUT YET BRUCE ?

Old Post 06-16-2016 04:48 PM
Marcus McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus McDaniel Click here to Send Marcus McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email Marcus McDaniel Find more posts by Marcus McDaniel Add Marcus McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

They just announced them today and shipping on the Astro 430 should be within two weeks while the DriveTrack will be out next month.

Old Post 06-16-2016 04:52 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

lol

Just reading up on the new stuff!! Oboy! prepare yourself Bruce!! for questions!!lol

Old Post 06-16-2016 05:32 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: lol

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
Just reading up on the new stuff!! Oboy! prepare yourself Bruce!! for questions!!lol

Will the 430 track a DC 50 collar?
Is the 320 going to be discontinued?

Old Post 06-16-2016 06:19 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

I heard they're also bringing out a ""Bluetick edition 430" later in the year. It will "of course" be blue and it will show a possum on the dog page when your dog is off game.

Old Post 06-16-2016 06:23 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Thank goodness I never updated and still use a 220. Garmin is following the lead of cell phone companies and making serious paper doing it!

Old Post 06-16-2016 06:27 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

I just asked this question like sunday. Asked the garmin testers if they knew of anything coming. None of rm replied. So I traded monday. Now thur. New crap comes out. I be dern.

Old Post 06-16-2016 06:29 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

With an update to your collar that will be available soon the DC 50 will work with the Astro 430.

Old Post 06-16-2016 06:40 PM
jc kennels
UKC Forum Member

I just seen a review were it will work with a dc 50 through a tt15

Old Post 06-16-2016 06:41 PM
jc kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jc kennels Click here to Send jc kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email jc kennels Find more posts by jc kennels Add jc kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I can't answer the question about the 320 being discontinued as I really don't know. With that said, the history of the product and what happens when they bring out new products gives me an idea the answer is YES. The typical time period in the past has been about 3 months later. But I truly don't know.

Old Post 06-16-2016 06:46 PM
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jc kennels
I just seen a review were it will work with a dc 50 through a tt15

DC50 with the software upgrade, T5 and TT15 (track only no shocking ability)
TT 10 will not work on the 430

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 06-16-2016 07:35 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Huntnharris
DC50 with the software upgrade, T5 and TT15 (track only no shocking ability)
TT 10 will not work on the 430

Am I mistaken that the alpha works with all of those and has the proper function? Looks like this is an upgrade for the running dog guys but not a coon hunter.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-16-2016 09:16 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Exactly

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Am I mistaken that the alpha works with all of those and has the proper function? Looks like this is an upgrade for the running dog guys but not a coon hunter.

I've been wrong before, but, X2

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 06-16-2016 09:29 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RLenhart
I heard they're also bringing out a ""Bluetick edition 430" later in the year. It will "of course" be blue and it will show a possum on the dog page when your dog is off game.

Now that's funny😂

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 06-16-2016 09:34 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Joey it is an upgrade to bring the Astro and ALPHA on the same operating platform. I would say that the coonhunter is out numbered when it comes to guys running pack hounds and the upgrade does seem to favor them. But since day one this is what people wanted. More dogs available, faster update rates, better maps and simple tablet tracking. The 430 does has all that. The ALPHA has been widely accepted and really is a nice system. Now with the Astro 430 coming up to the same standards, I think in the long run things will be better off. The Astro 430 offer guys that don't want the training side of things and the touch screen side of things that option. It also allows the guys with the 430 to hunt with his buddies with the ALPHA and they track one another dogs.

Buddy at DoubleU I think has put a good spin on it and I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him here. I don't know if I agree with him about the mistake part of the early systems. I think you have to crawl and learn before you walk and most of the upgrades over the years which have been spun as Garmin wanting to make more money actually came from the customers understanding the product and asking for and wanting more out of it. Garmin gave everyone what they wanted and continue to do so.
"To really understand this I think this is a Long term decision vs. a Short time decision. If we fast forward 2 years from now this will likely make sense and will be easier to comprehend, All (Active) collars that Garmin will be selling in the future will be compatible with all handhelds that Garmin offers from here on out.The Astro users will be able to hunt and track with Alpha users. Looking back to when the Astro was first designed, there were some things that Garmin did early that were clearly a mistake. One of the most important was designing the first Astro units with the 10 Dog Limitation, If Garmin could go back in history and Re-design the Astro 220 to communicate more like the Alpha we would have seen them do that. Having their Astro and Alpha products track using the same style of communication will help them focus their efforts and harden the platform. They will also be able to use their resources for other projects like the DriveTrack 70, AND Fenix watch. I know this step will be frustrating for users that have the Early 10 Dog systems, (Astro 220, and 320) but sometimes difficult decisions are made for long term objectives. DC30’s DC40’s and 220’s have already been discontinued and are no longer supported. We anticipate that 320’s will be discontinued as well over the next year or two."

I talk to people all the time and they don't know if the astro is right for them or the alpha. First question I ask is what do your buddies have as your going to be hunting with them and if you want to track one another dogs you need to buy what they have. That issue is gone away. Seriously I have seen young guys want and need the ALPHA only to buy a 320 because grandpa likes his 220 and they hunt together.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 06-16-2016 at 09:55 PM

Old Post 06-16-2016 09:50 PM
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

when grandpa has to put on his reading glasses to see the compass page and hates changing batteries he sticks with a 220 and since no collar stacks up to a dc30 why upgrade

Old Post 06-16-2016 10:41 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Riverbottom Ron
UKC Forum Member

GARMIN

EVERY TIME YOU TURN AROUND GARMIN COMES UP WITH SOMETHING NEW .ADVANCING TECHNOLOGY IS GREAT BUT WHEN YOU SPEND BIG BUCKS ON SOME-THIN LIKE A GARMIN YOU WOULD EXPECT TO USE IT FOR A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME. ITS LIKE BUYING A NEW CAR,IF THEY WOULD DISCONTINUE A CERTAIN VEHICLE EVERY COUPLE YEARS AND YOU COULDNT GET PARTS FOR IT ANYMORE WHAT WASTED MONEY SPENT. AT LEAST THEY COULD MAKE GARMINS SO YOU COULD GET PARTS AND GET THEM FIXED FOR YEARS TO COME . BUT GARMIN COMPANY DOING THAT IS A WAY THEY CAN PUT MORE MONEY IN THERE POCKETS. ID BET IF A PERSON WOULD ADD UP ALL THE MONEY THEY HAVE SPENT BUYING NEW GARMIN COLLARS AND RECIEVERS SINCE GARMIN CAME OUT YOU WOULD HAVE A CHUNK OF CHANGE .I KNOW ME AND MY SON WOULD WHEN THE 220S AND DC-20 COLLARS CAME OUT WE BOUGHT 8 OF THEM THEN THE 30'S CAME OUT WE BOUGHT 8 MORE AND BOUGHT THE 320 HAND HELD THEN TO THE 40'S , THEN THE 50' S AND IT HASNT BEEN THAT MANY YEARS THAT THE GARMIN CAME OUT ON THE MARKET... MAN GARMIN MAKE REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR THESE THINGS INSTEAD OF NOT MAKIN THEM AT ALL ,,THERE WILL BE GUYS THAT WILL STILL BUY YOUR NEW TECHNOLGY. THERES MANY OF US THAT CANT AFFORD A UPGRADE EVERY YEAR OR SO...HAVE A BLESSED ONE ,,,RON

ALWAYS REMEMBER GOD GAVE US FRIENDS AND COONHOUNDS, " I AM A GREATLY BLESSED",HIGHLY FAVORED" " IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD "KEEP YOUR {FAITH IN GOD } FAITH SEES THE INVISIBLE,BELIEVES THE INCREDIBLE,AND RECIEVES THE IMPOSSIBLE. WERE BLESSED !!

Old Post 06-16-2016 11:01 PM
Riverbottom Ron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverbottom Ron Click here to Send Riverbottom Ron a Private Message Find more posts by Riverbottom Ron Add Riverbottom Ron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by groworg1
when grandpa has to put on his reading glasses to see the compass page and hates changing batteries he sticks with a 220 and since no collar stacks up to a dc30 why upgrade

BINGO

Old Post 06-16-2016 11:45 PM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

I'm glad I kept my beep beep system, it may not tell exactly how far my dogs are or have a topo map or birdseye, but they always pointed me in the right direction. All that being said if my 320 and dc 40 collars stop working and cannot be repaired I'll drag out my Wildlife box and collars and keep on trucking. I hunted for many years without any kind of tracking system then got the wildlife collars in the mid 1990's. I got them out last fall and they still worked just as good as the day I bought them. So all you guy's that have to have the latest and greatest equipment, go for it.

Old Post 06-17-2016 12:29 AM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Lmao

Old Post 06-17-2016 03:35 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
that walker edition must be pretty boring then....wonder what pops up for a slick??? Lol

Old Post 06-17-2016 05:17 AM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

quote:

WBOND,
WAL CUR ADDITION SHOWS SLICK TREES AND DEAD SKUNKS LOCATIONS AFTER WAL CURS WERE CUT LOOSE. LOL.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 06-17-2016 12:05 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The questions was asked about what collars it would work with.

Here is some information and it shows all collars after the DC 50 will work including the TT 10.
KEY FEATURES:
NEW GPS/GLONASS
NEW PRELOADED MAPPING
NEW HIGH-VISIBLE DESIGN
NEW WEARABLES
NEW OPTIONAL BATTERY VIBRANT DISPLAY
WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY
ADDITIONAL MAPPING
High-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS satellite reception has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
Includes preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K mapping and a free 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription3
Vibrant orange design, making it difficult to lose in the field
Receive dog status updates and alerts at-a-glance using your fēnix® 3 GPS watch
Optional in-unit rechargeable NiMH battery pack or uses standard AA battery power
Sunlight-readable, glove-friendly, 2.6-inch color display
Wirelessly connect to a variety of compatible Garmin devices, including VIRB® action cameras and ANT+® sensors, such as the tempeTM
microSDTM card slot and support for TOPO U.S. 24K, Garmin HuntViewTM, City Navigator®, Garmin Custom Maps and more (all sold separately)
NEW
EXPANDED DOG CAPABILITY
Track up to 20 dogs1 from a range of up to 9 miles2
NEW
FASTER UPDATE RATE
2.5-second update rate provides faster location tracking when dogs are on the run
NEW
HUNT METRICS
Hunt Metrics dog performance data shows distance traveled, time afield and more so you can train your dog more effectively
NEW
GARMIN DRIVETRACKTM 70 LMT
Compatible GPS navigator gives the driver a large 7-inch screen to see where dogs are located while navigating the trail (view more details on page 2)
NEW
COMPATIBLE DOG DEVICES
Compatible with a variety of dog devices: T 5, T 5 mini, TT 15, TT 15 mini, DC 50, TT 10 and newer models
(provides tracking only)
NEW
DOG NOTIFICATIONS
Receive notifications when a dog is “Treed” or “On Point”
COMPASS/ALTIMETER
3-axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter
WATER RATING
Handheld device water-rated to IPX75
BASECAMPTM
Free trip-planning software that lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks – and then share with friends, family or fellow explorers

Old Post 06-17-2016 02:14 PM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

So the 7" dashscreen and the watch, they connect via bluetooth to the handheld? What's the distance? But from what I gather is the big benefit is the ability to connect to all the collars DC50 and up. I mean the rate update is not major 5 seconds down to 2.5 and being able to track up to 20 hounds from 10.

When do you anticipate they will stop servicing the 320's?

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 06-17-2016 05:00 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote