UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Sunburst Eagle 2+2 battery replacement
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
twinoak
UKC Forum Member

Sunburst Eagle 2+2 battery replacement

Looking to get back in to coon hunting. I have a sunburst eagle 2+2 that I would love to have the battery's replaced. Now that Sunburst is closed can any one tell me were I can sind it to have it done?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-25-2015 05:31 PM
twinoak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for twinoak Click here to Send twinoak a Private Message Click Here to Email twinoak Find more posts by twinoak Add twinoak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Batteries....

Try The Battery Terminal----606-329-1473.....Ashland, Ky.
They have a Website too.......just google it.
Good luck.

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 04-25-2015 05:50 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buck brush
UKC Forum Member

do you have a Battery Plus by you they can get any battery you need and they are cheap in price.

gone but will never be forgotten

PR Van Dusen's Hanna o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Maggie o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Mickey o/h
PR Buck Brush Copper o/h
D NTCH PR Crooked Oak Boss o/h
D NtCH PR Alford's Alibi h
NTCH PR Alford's Hatchet h
NT CH PR Mill's Dotty h

Old Post 04-25-2015 06:03 PM
buck brush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buck brush Click here to Send buck brush a Private Message Click Here to Email buck brush Find more posts by buck brush Add buck brush to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

You should be able to replace them with NiMH type batteries instead of the NiCad type that those lights originally came with. The old style batteries were the ones that would develop a "memory" which makes it seem like they are bad before their time. When they do that there is nothing you can do but replace them.
The NiMH batteries wont do that and you can also get more MAH rated ones so the charge lasts a lot longer. They are pretty easy to replace, but if you don't want to do it yourself maybe call some of the guys that sell lights today and see if one of them will do it for you. I have never seen anyone out there currently advertise that they will repair older model lights.

Old Post 04-26-2015 03:46 AM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shorecooner
UKC Forum Member

I wouldn't waste the money rebuilding another sunburst. Light technology has come a long way since those lights were built. You can buy a cordless spotlight for $75 that is a good bit brighter than the sunburst spotlight, and you can buy a cordless headlamp at Lowes for $11.00 that is a nice bright lightweight light. Those two together make a nice coonhunting setup for $86 that doesn't weigh you down. You won't find good cells for your sunburst for less than $100. My dad and I rebuilt our sunburst lights 2 or 3 times each, they still hold a charge good, but they never go to the woods with us anymore because they're so heavy.

Old Post 04-26-2015 03:04 PM
shorecooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shorecooner Click here to Send shorecooner a Private Message Click Here to Email shorecooner Find more posts by shorecooner Add shorecooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Most dependable light I ever owned and you can get batteries shipping included for around 6.00 each. You will want the flat tops.Just make sure you specify to add solder tabs

http://www.batteryspace.com/NiCd-D-...tery-Cells.aspx

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 04-28-2015 at 01:28 AM

Old Post 04-28-2015 01:15 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twinoak
UKC Forum Member

thanks

Thanks for all the responses I am planning on rebuilding it my self. Have one more question can I add a led head to it. I have the diamond head and a wheat stile head for it but was cuirass if I could add a led head? If so with one ? Aggen thanks for all the help.

Old Post 04-28-2015 02:22 AM
twinoak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for twinoak Click here to Send twinoak a Private Message Click Here to Email twinoak Find more posts by twinoak Add twinoak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

You might be able to get an LED bulb for the headpiece that you have. Otherwise, you will have to match the bulbs rated voltage in whatever headpiece you get to whatever the Sunburst voltage is. I had the exact same light back in the day, but cannot remember...I want to say it was 18 volt. Make sure that an LED rated for your voltage is available for the headpiece you select before you buy it...because you might not be able to get an LED bulb for it.

Old Post 04-28-2015 02:35 AM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
charly1954
New UKC Forum Member

replace bats

I know its an old thread but its the closest on the subject. I searched all over the net and this thread is the only info that talks about battery replacement.

Just got a Sunburst 2/2 and wondering how to replace the batteries. Either the charger is bad or the batteries cause they won't charge. I'm betting its the batteries. I was going to pop the plastic rivets apart but I didn't know if they was meant to come apart. Anyone know if the rivets will come apart and go back together.

Last edited by charly1954 on 07-19-2016 at 07:05 AM

Old Post 07-19-2016 06:53 AM
charly1954 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for charly1954 Click here to Send charly1954 a Private Message Find more posts by charly1954 Add charly1954 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

Nope, if I remember right you gotta drill them out and the simplest thing is to replace them with a small machine screw and nut...Loc-tite will keep them from coming apart when you least want them to. Good luck.

Old Post 07-19-2016 12:48 PM
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

the plastic rivets pop apart. just stick a screw driver between the belt and the plastic cover and twist. you may break a few, but you can use Chicago screws in place of the plastic jobs. or you can find the plastic jobs on e bay.

Last edited by toe cutter on 07-20-2016 at 06:53 AM

Old Post 07-19-2016 11:15 PM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ohio rookie
UKC Forum Member

You can still send Jim the light he's still doing maintenance on all his lights I've had both of mine done within the last year he just isn't making any new lights I hope this helps

Old Post 07-20-2016 12:21 AM
Ohio rookie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ohio rookie Click here to Send Ohio rookie a Private Message Click Here to Email Ohio rookie Find more posts by Ohio rookie Add Ohio rookie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DocAcumen
UKC Forum Member

i would like to know also, if there is a head unit that is LED or at least some better ,to replace the Diamond head?

Old Post 07-20-2016 06:26 AM
DocAcumen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DocAcumen Click here to Send DocAcumen a Private Message Find more posts by DocAcumen Add DocAcumen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DocAcumen
i would like to know also, if there is a head unit that is LED or at least some better ,to replace the Diamond head?
bright eyes makes a led head with a knob on the head to make it bright and dim. you have to put on or have them put on a banana plug on the cord and plug it in where the spot light plugs in on your eagle light..

Last edited by toe cutter on 07-20-2016 at 07:19 AM

Old Post 07-20-2016 07:04 AM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
charly1954
New UKC Forum Member

May need replacement charger

today I tested the charger and the output register 0-DCV so the charger may be bad. I am assuming I tested it right, unlike modern chargers it does not say input or output volts and it says Transformer on the unit not charger.

E.D.S. 2-1000
Direct Plug-In
Transformer Unit
Model 5743
PRI.: 120 v
SEC.:18.85v dc

I am assuming the 18.85 is the DC output. Plugged it in, set multimeter to DC, touched meter prongs on the plugs 2 prongs and got 0-volts. if this is wrong can someone tell me how to test it. Popped the rivets on one side and 3 batteries registed dea, 0-volts and 2 almost dead at .2v. Know idea if the lights work either, so it Looks like it may become just a collectors piece.

Last edited by charly1954 on 07-21-2016 at 05:49 AM

Old Post 07-21-2016 05:02 AM
charly1954 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for charly1954 Click here to Send charly1954 a Private Message Find more posts by charly1954 Add charly1954 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Reid
UKC Forum Member

Re: May need replacement charger

so it Looks like it may become just a collectors piece. [/B][/QUOTE]

Your light was the Cadillac of its day but today's lights are lighter, brighter and last much longer on a charge plus no need to carry a spot light. I was very reluctant to switch over to the new LED lights but the only regret I have now is not switching over much sooner.

Old Post 07-21-2016 06:24 AM
Rob Reid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Reid Click here to Send Rob Reid a Private Message Find more posts by Rob Reid Add Rob Reid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DocAcumen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
bright eyes makes a led head with a knob on the head to make it bright and dim. you have to put on or have them put on a banana plug on the cord and plug it in where the spot light plugs in on your eagle light..

Not finding what you speak of? Do you have a name for the head unit? Or , a link to it?

Thanks....

Old Post 07-22-2016 09:23 AM
DocAcumen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DocAcumen Click here to Send DocAcumen a Private Message Find more posts by DocAcumen Add DocAcumen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Reid
UKC Forum Member

Call Ray Conrad at Bright Eyes 888-225-7478

Old Post 07-22-2016 02:04 PM
Rob Reid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Reid Click here to Send Rob Reid a Private Message Find more posts by Rob Reid Add Rob Reid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

before you write off the charger ...check the wiring on the end that plugs into the light.Although it did not happen often .There was a tendency for the wiring to break near the plugin. To be sure cut the wire off near the plug ,bear it and test it that way. If it is bad you should be able to pick up an after market charger and change the end.It is easy to do.

A friend of mine had a wheat head on his and used the 12/32 bulbs.He had the click /click rheostat though.Other wise you will go through lots of bulbs.
I had checked into putting a LED head on mine.It can be done from what I was told.As mentioned just need to make sure it is rated for the voltage of the battery pack.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 07-24-2016 at 06:32 PM

Old Post 07-24-2016 06:27 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
charly1954
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Bizich
before you write off the charger ...check the wiring on the end that plugs into the light.Although it did not happen often .There was a tendency for the wiring to break near the plugin..............

It was the charger. I finally got it apart and the 2 wires that go from the charging coil to the socket plug prongs must have got hot or shorted out cause the burnt or melted. I figured that might of been the problem when I tested the volt output and got zero volts.

Old Post 10-13-2016 06:02 AM
charly1954
New UKC Forum Member

tks for the input but as I said its the charger that's bad, Tested the volt output is zero

Old Post 10-17-2016 03:46 AM