UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > Abtcha Website
Keep it OPEN or CLOSE IT DOWN
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Keep It Open 71 76.34%
Close It Down 22 23.66%
Total: 93 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

Abtcha Website

Keep it Opened or Close IT DOWN

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-27-2015 04:25 AM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

Looks like four of the board members voted.. 😀

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 02-27-2015 03:41 PM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

I been trying to kick the habit

A few have spoken up to keep the site , I commend you ,,

A few of us has elected to close the site , we did decide based on Numbers of hits the site gets and the maintenance and Cost

And for the ones that claim you don't do social Media , that's not a good excuse considering your on the ukc forums Daily

Personally I don't use it and I think has a whole of 1300 or so members only a hand full do , for those of you that will miss it copy and paste it to ur computer,,, but I voted to close ,,, Do I think it attacks new members No , Do I think it promotes stud dogs NO , do I think it promotes Black N tans No ,,, Condemn me crucify me or whatever ,,, it is what it is

Old Post 02-27-2015 05:22 PM
Darrell Eads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darrell Eads Click here to Send Darrell Eads a Private Message Click Here to Email Darrell Eads Find more posts by Darrell Eads Add Darrell Eads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

Darrell I agree with you 100%

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 02-27-2015 06:34 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce Hobbs
UKC Forum Member

Hello Darrell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before you start dumbassing us you should go back and read your thread and correct the spelling of your post. This board has tried to change about everything there is to change. Just a question. Why do you all try and tear everything down that has been put together in the past. The Assoc. needs built up instead of a major tare down.

Why would this board try and save money when the treasure was robbed on your watch. DA REPEAT THE QUESTION PLEASE.

Really didn't feel very welcome at the Black and Tan table this year at the Winter Classic.

Just My two cents worth which doesn't amount to much.

Be who you are and say what you feel Because those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter.

Bruce Hobbs
918 645 3740
Rickyman777@gmail.com

Old Post 02-28-2015 01:56 AM
Bruce Hobbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce Hobbs Click here to Send Bruce Hobbs a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce Hobbs Find more posts by Bruce Hobbs Add Bruce Hobbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

I voted to close the site. It used to get quite a bit of use but lately it has very little use.

Old Post 02-28-2015 02:25 AM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hello Darrell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hobbs
Before you start dumbassing us you should go back and read your thread and correct the spelling of your post. This board has tried to change about everything there is to change. Just a question. Why do you all try and tear everything down that has been put together in the past. The Assoc. needs built up instead of a major tare down.

Why would this board try and save money when the treasure was robbed on your watch. DA REPEAT THE QUESTION PLEASE.

Really didn't feel very welcome at the Black and Tan table this year at the Winter Classic.

Just My two cents worth which doesn't amount to much.

Like I said I need to break my habit , getting on this forum, some days its like riding on the short bus,

It attracts me to be getting attacks,,, Oops

Apparently my spelling dictates I need to be on it at the front of the bus

Last edited by Darrell Eads on 02-28-2015 at 03:20 AM

Old Post 02-28-2015 03:15 AM
Darrell Eads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darrell Eads Click here to Send Darrell Eads a Private Message Click Here to Email Darrell Eads Find more posts by Darrell Eads Add Darrell Eads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

Since only 47 people have voted as of 11:25 pm out of the 1,300 plus black & tan members maybe the UKC should shut down this forum. Apparently it doesn't have enough interest among the black & tan followers to justify keeping it up and running.

Old Post 02-28-2015 04:28 AM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

I didnt vote, but i wouldnt have a problem with all the info being put over here on a Sticky. Marks interviews , i like. reading em.Wish they were over here.

2011 RQE NEWPORT,TN 5 TH PLACE
2011 WORLD Qualifier
2011 BnT Days Cast Winner
2012 Cast Winner TN State
2012 3 rd Place Grnt,s BNT days
2012 World Qualifier Meigs Cnty RQE 4 rth place
2012 zones Virginia 4rth place
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2013 4th high scoring dog fri night,TN State
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Bigtime Drama
2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 02-28-2015 04:45 AM
toddwicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddwicks Click here to Send toddwicks a Private Message Click Here to Email toddwicks Find more posts by toddwicks Add toddwicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rfreeman
UKC Forum Member

Everybody is banned

Old Post 02-28-2015 09:56 AM
rfreeman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rfreeman Click here to Send rfreeman a Private Message Click Here to Email rfreeman Find more posts by rfreeman Add rfreeman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

The Poll

It's been running purdy steady at 3 out of 4 in favor of keeping the site open.

As I stated on the other thread. This has proven (so far) to be unpopular with the members. IMO - I'd like to see what the cost of having the site maintained by a professional would be. What we'd be getting for our dollar. And if it's sustainable over the long run. THEN have a chance to give our 2 cents before the board makes their final choice.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 02-28-2015 11:59 PM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gadog1
UKC Forum Member

THAT WOULD BE GREAT IF

quote:
Originally posted by toddwicks
I didnt vote, but i wouldnt have a problem with all the info being put over here on a Sticky. Marks interviews , i like. reading em.Wish they were over here.

THE INFO COULD BE TRANSFERED TO THIS B&T SITE. If it can be put on Facebook (Which we do not use) then it really should be transfered onto this site also.
Gale Lilly

CHNITECH PR LILLYS SOU. SCOUT (13) (LillysGaJoe/LillysSugarBaby(Tige)

YOUNG DOGS:
PR Lillys Sou. Ga. LongShot (BIG BOY)
Born 7-13-14 Kansas Kate/Scout

STEVE & GALE LILLY
229-559-7079 HOME
229-834-5904 Gale's Cell
229-834-4095 Steve's Cell
E-Mail steve-gale7343@att.net

Old Post 03-01-2015 12:53 PM
gadog1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gadog1 Click here to Send gadog1 a Private Message Click Here to Email gadog1 Find more posts by gadog1 Add gadog1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
i wouldnt have a problem with all the info being put over here on a Sticky. Marks interviews , i like. reading em.Wish they were over here.

Why don't you go to facebook and read them?
Oh It sucks reading them on facebooh per layout.

319-201-8445

Old Post 03-02-2015 12:57 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

As a matter of fact Omar i have done read Mr Ron Roughtons interview on Facebook and Mr Fred Brites. Its a pretty good site them fellas are working on Facebook.Why u being negative Omar ? Its a good thing reaching out to a new audience. Havent been on there today to see if they have uploaded anymore of the interviews.When they do i will read em all again.Also saw were Jerrod sighned a whole family up in the assoc.Thats all good aint it ? Man i aint got nothing to do with the other site closing, but i aint gonna knock the good job Jerrod is doing on the other. Omar , Ralph said the site was gone.Why dont u make us another one. And u be in charge.Im sure u have the inteligence and know how. Go for it instead of. Well u know. Quit hacking on me , just because it isnt bothering me as bad as it is you. Take care ole buddy.

2011 WORLD Qualifier
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 03-02-2015 01:53 AM
toddwicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddwicks Click here to Send toddwicks a Private Message Click Here to Email toddwicks Find more posts by toddwicks Add toddwicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

Re: THAT WOULD BE GREAT IF

quote:
Originally posted by gadog1
THE INFO COULD BE TRANSFERED TO THIS B&T SITE. If it can be put on Facebook (Which we do not use) then it really should be transfered onto this site also.
Gale Lilly

Yes mam Mrs. Gale. It can be , and i wish it was allready done. Maybe Omar would feel better. He is stressing way to much.When he has the know how to transfer it over here. And probably capable of doing a superb job.

2011 WORLD Qualifier
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 03-02-2015 01:58 AM
berger
UKC Forum Member

Todd let me ask you something. If you already read it over there why do you want it on here.
With all that history section and profiles transferred to facebook after a year where do you think they will be? Is that why you would like it on here Todd?
Yep even a unintelligent person as myself knows that.

I will tell you this was a hasty decision, spur of the moment even out of the blue vote if you want to call it that. There is no doubt that very few members had this discussion out side of the officers and board members before the board voted. Better yet I bet there were board members and officers that didn't know about it till the conference call when it was voted on.

319-201-8445

Last edited by berger on 03-02-2015 at 03:27 AM

Old Post 03-02-2015 03:22 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

Hate it upset you Omer. Gotta be a solution somehow or another. Hope one is found. Maybe one can be found . Omer i was being serious when i said u were intelligent enough to set it up another way , with some type of solution. I by no meens was insulting ur intelligence. I dont beleive in that , especially someone i consider a friend. Yall have a great one and a speedy resolvement.

2011 WORLD Qualifier
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 03-02-2015 04:59 AM
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Hate it upset you Omer. Gotta be a solution somehow or another. Hope one is found. Maybe one can be found . Omer i was being serious when i said u were intelligent enough to set it up another way , with some type of solution. I by no meens was insulting ur intelligence. I dont beleive in that , especially someone i consider a friend. Yall have a great one and a speedy resolvement.

Todd I don't get insulted, I know my limitations on electronics and I can tell you it is unintelligence knowledge.

319-201-8445

Old Post 03-02-2015 05:31 AM
Mike Poe
UKC Forum Member

Website

the decision was made with Zero notice. I do recall the ? About someone possibly needed that had the skills to run the site. But I also know it was hardly a plea for help. I know it probably lasted less than 24hrs on the first page since in was never bumped back up and it was labeled "webmaster"
You may not have rushed the decision but the consequences of not getting help should have been made public and it wasn't.
I think a "please help or our website will be shutdown" would have got you guys a lot further!! I don't want you to take this as attack, it's not it was voted on so.... So be it...but I did like the site and I do believe the info is better served on the site than it could be on Facebook
Great work on all involved in getting things moved over to Facebook your doing a great job!

NiteCh Flatrock River Sowder Girl
NiteCh Black River Trick
NiteCh Hardwood Handout
765-499-7925

Old Post 03-02-2015 05:47 AM
Mike Poe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Poe Click here to Send Mike Poe a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Poe Find more posts by Mike Poe Add Mike Poe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

Re: Website

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Poe
the decision was made with Zero notice. I do recall the ? About someone possibly needed that had the skills to run the site. But I also know it was hardly a plea for help. I know it probably lasted less than 24hrs on the first page since in was never bumped back up and it was labeled "webmaster"
You may not have rushed the decision but the consequences of not getting help should have been made public and it wasn't.
I think a "please help or our website will be shutdown" would have got you guys a lot further!! I don't want you to take this as attack, it's not it was voted on so.... So be it...but I did like the site and I do believe the info is better served on the site than it could be on Facebook
Great work on all involved in getting things moved over to Facebook your doing a great job!

I agree Mike I remember it as well and knew that webmaster was way over my intelligence. In fact when I saw it I was wondering if there was anyone a webmaster that was a member of the Assoc.
I agree the info they are moving over to facebook is better served on a website. It will get buried on facebook. Face book is a social media program set up for now and today not something to preserve and keep. Can Facebook be a great tool for the Assoc. yes it can but not if it is used as a website. Facebook could be a great recruiting tool and the website used to preserve the past and future for BNT's and our hunting rights. I believe with a little creativity the Assoc. could have found someone in computer programing, webmaster code knowledgeable that would have taken on that roll for an hourly fee to make updates for the website. With a little creativity I believe it could have been set up where the site could have made enough money to pay the individual there hourly fee for updates.

I know a while back I listed some accomplishments over the last 10yrs that the BNT Assoc. had implemented over the last 10yrs. Well looks like the website is the first of those accomplishments to fall. What is Next pup hunt, RQE, Hall of Fame before it starts, Champions Classic before the first one gets here,WSIF, WHIF, owner breeder award?

Ralph I saw nothing wrong with your post no used to delete it.

319-201-8445

Old Post 03-02-2015 06:47 AM
dhenard22
UKC Forum Member

Close it Down

I only see a handfull of the same exact people on here posting. Social Media like Facebook is great at promoting stuff like this and I guarantee more people will look at it on facebook. If you can get on UKC forums and do all the posting then Facebook should be a walk in the park. Its easier to use and more people use it. Carry on

PR'BAYOU METO MAYOR

Old Post 03-02-2015 04:28 PM
dhenard22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dhenard22 Click here to Send dhenard22 a Private Message Click Here to Email dhenard22 Find more posts by dhenard22 Add dhenard22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RAINYCREEK
UKC Forum Member

One thing I did notice is..the guys that were on the site,alot of them are top houndsmen that have years of experience breeding, training and competing.
Guys that have already contributed to the b+t breed and continue too.

DUAL Gr BADTOTHEBONES Girl(cane+spice{ace)
Gr Ntch Pkc SilverCh CUMBERLAND RIVER WENDY(nute+fannie{cane)
Gr Ntch BADTOTHEBONES SHOWGIRL(fog+shay{cane)2012 A/O's high scoring B+T female, 2013 B+T days Queen of memorial hunt
Pr Rainycreek BTTB HOUSTON (tex+sadie{skipper)

Wade Eno 403 318 5844

Randal Brown 270 427 8233

Old Post 03-03-2015 12:27 AM
RAINYCREEK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RAINYCREEK Click here to Send RAINYCREEK a Private Message Click Here to Email RAINYCREEK Find more posts by RAINYCREEK Add RAINYCREEK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Tolliver
UKC Forum Member

I believe as many others do, the board is given to much authority to make a decision to shut down the Black and Tan Assoc. website.
I personally count the board members as friends, but i feel that not enough thought and consideration, nor effort was applied to save the site .
Many people as said do not use Facebook and lets face it Facebook does not have the desired layout , easy access pages to move around on..

I am speaking up for many people who like and will possibly would want to keep or join the website.
The fall of our website is all our fault for not using it.
We would do well to not give up on the website, and start posting on it instead of here.
I am possitive that we as the Greatest Breed Assoc.
can figure out how to keep our website running.

I am checking with a man who maintanes a Civil War website among other sites to get an "appraisal" on the upkeep of a website "our Website" to keep it operating smoothly, He will check out our site for size etc, to see what expenses will be needed to maintane it? and will let me know by tomorrow.
This is Just for my curiosity of actually knowing of the expense to see if the decision could have been more beneficial to a majority of people.

Ph. 740- 710- 6435

Home of:
'PR'Party Time Ann.

GrNiteCh,'PR'Tolliver's Black Oak Ace, - Some of the Greatest Memories.

Past Home of:
GrNiteCh,'PR'Smokey 7
GrNiteCh,'PR'Roberts Dix River Party Girl
NiteCh,'PR'Tolliver's Party Queen
NiteCh,'PR'Kansas Smokin Lizzy
NiteCh,'PR'Late Nite Banker
NiteCh,'PR'Uptown Extreme Shooter
NiteCh,'PR'Tolliver's Boaz

Old Post 03-03-2015 01:29 AM
James Tolliver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Tolliver Click here to Send James Tolliver a Private Message Click Here to Email James Tolliver Find more posts by James Tolliver Add James Tolliver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.J Melin
UKC Forum Member

Moving the website I feel is just a way of keeping up with the times and keeping us in the game. After events you can post picture of sectional winners and Black and Tan day with a few clicks of a button. I've mananged a kennel website of my own for alittle while and it for sure is a lot of work and I praise for who has kept up with the website to date. Honestly you guys say the Black and Tan website is used a lot but you go to the forum and bats fly out. On facebook questions could be asked without sending emails and all that junk. Younger generations can post pictures of their accomplishments and/or dog and gain postive feed back much easier. The guys against wanting it changed over probably never thought they'd see crossbred or garmins in hunts either but they have them like it or not. But to get on here and bash our board member for trying to make us a better Association with a better appeal to the younger generation(our future) and more useable page seems wrong. The profiles seem to be the biggest problem most have, they are great to read and reread. They need carried over agreed 100%. What's the saying "don't change something that's not broke" well it was broke no matter who's fault it was now it's time for change.

Old Post 03-03-2015 01:54 AM
J.J Melin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.J Melin Click here to Send J.J Melin a Private Message Click Here to Email J.J Melin Visit J.J Melin's homepage! Find more posts by J.J Melin Add J.J Melin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.J Melin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Beagleman01
the profiles are hard to reed on facebook and cant roll through them like on the old website. i think we need both facebook and the website left up. it don't cost that much

They should be able to be like a note or something much easier.

Old Post 03-03-2015 01:56 AM
J.J Melin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.J Melin Click here to Send J.J Melin a Private Message Click Here to Email J.J Melin Visit J.J Melin's homepage! Find more posts by J.J Melin Add J.J Melin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote