UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Morning hunting
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

Morning hunting

Just got home from an early morning hunt. Used to do it all the time but haven’t in years. Treed 3. So much more pleasurable than hunting just after dark with the miserable heat we’ve been having.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-15-2020 04:19 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

I've always threatened to try this in the summer. What time did you go? Where do you live?

Old Post 07-15-2020 05:12 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Michigan

Right now in Michigan I think you could tree coons anytime of the day. Just take em anywhere there's water. At least where I live I know. Give it a try!

Old Post 07-15-2020 07:49 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by houndsound
I've always threatened to try this in the summer. What time did you go? Where do you live?
I started about 4:30. I live in south central Oklahoma right on the Texas border.

Old Post 07-15-2020 08:40 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

Early Morning Hunting

I live in east tennessee and haven't been even attempting to turn my hounds loose until 3am and have been treeing several more coon than I have turning loose at dark. The coons are stirring early up in the morning because its cooler then, the cooler the better in the summer time just like the warmer the better in the winter time. I also found that coons stir really good at night right before a weather front moves in.

Old Post 07-15-2020 09:00 PM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

I try to wait until at least midnight this time of the year. It's a little weird searching the last tree in the sunlight though lol.

BTW I grew up in South Central Oklahoma (Ardmore).

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Old Post 07-16-2020 08:23 PM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Coby Wright
I try to wait until at least midnight this time of the year. It's a little weird searching the last tree in the sunlight though lol.

BTW I grew up in South Central Oklahoma (Ardmore).

Terral,Ok is where I’m from. I know several of your family. Remember when Brad first got Rebel.

Old Post 07-16-2020 08:44 PM
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

The only way I hunt, winter or summer. You will hit a lot less hot tracks but then your dogs will learn patience and how to work out a bad track. You will also find out what you are feeding.
Adios,

Gary

Old Post 07-16-2020 10:02 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronnie H
UKC Forum Member

I'm in Texas and what I do is hunt from a boat during the summer,your next to water all the time and most of the time your hound will tree next to the water. After a few hunts from a boat your hounds will jump from the boat and swim to bank,when you unsnap them now they are wet that helps them stay cool a little longer.

Old Post 07-17-2020 01:45 AM
Ronnie H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronnie H Click here to Send Ronnie H a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronnie H Find more posts by Ronnie H Add Ronnie H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Ronnie, we don't have any water out here and it was 108-110 a few days ago. I have never seen it this hot in Menard County. Have a bitch that is whelping next and praying for a little cooler weather.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 07-17-2020 02:43 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Did my first ever morning coon hunt. Had one really nice run about sunup.... Ended in a hole. But good time. Supposed to be 100 today ... Glad I was out when it was 60.

Old Post 07-22-2020 02:34 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote