UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Big Country Pups
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DOGSSTRICK
UKC Forum Member

Big Country Pups

Congrats to ANOTHER big country pup Ellie Mae owned by chapman and perryman scored 625 plus last night in a hour at Michigan madness last night shes one that no is talking about but shes won 8 of 11 cast since being hunted in the hunts.I don't know if hes gonna reproduce but by gosh hes sure making a splash with the few that are being put in some hunts.John

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-12-2020 05:18 PM
DOGSSTRICK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DOGSSTRICK Click here to Send DOGSSTRICK a Private Message Click Here to Email DOGSSTRICK Find more posts by DOGSSTRICK Add DOGSSTRICK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

Country pups

Guys I hunted with the cracker pup out of country. Got to himself and had them eyes when you got there. Pup punched a hole in the dark the night I saw him go. I'm hearing the same results from other country pups.

Old Post 08-12-2020 05:24 PM
GCH Viper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCH Viper Click here to Send GCH Viper a Private Message Find more posts by GCH Viper Add GCH Viper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

John

Thanks for posting this, it seems like some folks only want to mention the dogs that are not doing so good. Every stud dog is going to produce some duds when you don't pick and choose the females you breed to, even if you do they all do not turn out good. It's good to see that BC is producing the kind of dogs anyone would be proud to hunt. I hope he turns out to be a top reproducer in the Bluetick breed and for those XBreeds as well. Dave

Old Post 08-12-2020 07:44 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Re: John

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Thanks for posting this, it seems like some folks only want to mention the dogs that are not doing so good. Every stud dog is going to produce some duds when you don't pick and choose the females you breed to, even if you do they all do not turn out good. It's good to see that BC is producing the kind of dogs anyone would be proud to hunt. I hope he turns out to be a top reproducer in the Bluetick breed and for those XBreeds as well. Dave

Come on Dave....lol. Don’t stir him up, you know he’s listening; he’s always listening. lol.

Hope all is my friend.

Tim

Old Post 08-12-2020 08:53 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

Queen

There was also a female cast winner at same hunt the night before named Classic Country Queen. ....looks like a cross bred dog....is she also out of Country ?

Queen is an English dog out of Main Street Jack

Old Post 08-12-2020 09:03 PM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Green

Lol. Can't help myself, I just like to see both sides of any subject and not a one sided approach. All in the sense of fair play, sounds like he can definitely put some decent pups on the ground, the rest depends on the trainer and we know that not everyone is a good trainer. Dave

Old Post 08-12-2020 10:54 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

Someone must be raking hay or he would have taken the bait by now. 😁

Old Post 08-12-2020 11:06 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac

She looks like her moma is a full blood treeing walker to me ...................... Lucy you got some splaining to do !!

Tar

Old Post 08-12-2020 11:13 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dog

That's the way it should be pretty like her mama, coon Dog like her daddy. Dave

Old Post 08-13-2020 01:17 AM
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac

Set the hook....lol

Old Post 08-13-2020 01:27 AM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Dog

quote:
That's the way it should be pretty like her mama, coon Dog like her daddy. Dave

62 yrs old and them ole timers have lied to me my whole hunting career! I was always told the blue ticks needed help from the walkers to up their win percentages. The walkers Dont look like to me got no trouble with their win percentages.

Maybe they wasent lying lol.

Tar

Old Post 08-13-2020 01:32 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Maybe what's good for the goose is good for the gander, X breed let's you get the best of both worlds. There are coon dogs in both breeds and now you can cross coon dog to coon dog just like the old foundation stock it may have both breeds. Hopefully, we can start seeing dogs with a real hound mouth and a nose that can trail more than a minute old track and a brain to tree up the right tree. Dave

Old Post 08-13-2020 01:41 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tar

quote:
Maybe what's good for the goose is good for the gander, X breed let's you get the best of both worlds. There are coon dogs in both breeds and now you can cross coon dog to coon dog just like the old foundation stock it may have both breeds. Hopefully, we can start seeing dogs with a real hound mouth and a nose that can trail more than a minute old track and a brain to tree up the right tree. Dave

I just never seen the point I didn’t want my walkers going baaaaaaaaaaawl , snorkel, snorkel, sniff , sniff , baaaaaaaaaawl heeeeeee talk to eeeeeem blue !!

Tar

Old Post 08-13-2020 01:48 AM
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I just never seen the point I didn’t want my walkers going baaaaaaaaaaawl , snorkel, snorkel, sniff , sniff , baaaaaaaaaawl heeeeeee talk to eeeeeem blue !!

Tar

I thought it was....boooooooo. Boooooooo. Booooooo.

Woooo eeeeeeeh! Speak to em.

Lol

Old Post 08-13-2020 02:15 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Tar

quote:

Tar

Tar, do you think Walker men are breeding to this blue tick to get what you're talking about?

Old Post 08-13-2020 02:18 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Love a big bawl mouth dog that give a distinct locate and rolls over to a hard chop. Also, love a dog that has the meat when it parks. Really love a dog that you can honestly call a coon dog, color does not matter to me. I am hunting all Walker dog and have for a long time now, but if I find the right dog in any breed, I will try and buy it. I am not blind to a certain color, I am more concerned with ability and like to hunt the best I can find. One of the very best dogs I have even hunted with and owned was a X breed Bluetick, man what I would give for another dog as good as he was. Dave

Old Post 08-13-2020 02:26 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Tar, do you think Walker men are breeding to this blue tick to get what you're talking about?

Nope they are breeding to him because he is a bluetick that hunts like the bad habit style walkers. I already got Double bred bad habit Style walkers.

Oh the pups sell high too !

Tar

Old Post 08-13-2020 02:53 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Do you really think it's just his hunting style? Most Walker dogs don't have a problem going hunting. Why do you think his pups sell for high prices? Just curious. Dave

Old Post 08-13-2020 03:09 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tar

quote:
Nope they are breeding to him because he is a bluetick that hunts like the bad habit style walkers. I already got Double bred bad habit Style walkers.

Oh the pups sell high too !

Tar

Are they winning as much as Big Country?

Old Post 08-13-2020 03:20 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Are they winning as much as Big Country?

You think he is the only winner in the world ? The bluetick people needed a great white hope he is it. The walker people like his style and need an outcross because their stuff is so tight it’s causing health issues. That’s why I was interested in him. Of course the ones I hunted with did not suit me but they might suit sombody else perfectly. I ain’t picking on him or his pups y’all wanted some live action didn’t you lol.

Tar

Old Post 08-13-2020 03:45 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Live action, lol. We are just giving you something to think about as you ride around those hay fields, something to help you pass the time. I know how hot it gets out there this time of year and how boring those hay fields can get, just wanted you to have something interesting to talk about. Maybe you can think of something nice to say about the Bluetick Breed, it's not just BC there are more good Blueticks, just as there are in other breeds. I do agree that BC is stirring interest as he is capable of winning any hunt in the country. Competition brings out the best in every sport, maybe all breeds will benefit from all the attention BC is bringing to the coon hunting community. The Blueticks and English dogs are starting to strut their stuff in competition, it's no longer a given that a Walker dog will win every major hunt in the country. The XBreed program gives everyone the chance to pick the best dogs to breed to regardless of breed and still be able to compete in competition hunts. That is something us old timers did not have the opportunity to do, our XBreeds were hunted as grade dogs. I do remember some nice grade dogs that won a truck load of trophies competition hunting, often the high scoring dog of the hunt, in the days of 3 hour hunts. I am always for the best coon dog winning regardless of breed. You beat me with a poodle, I will shake your hand. Dave

Old Post 08-13-2020 06:54 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tar

quote:
Live action, lol. We are just giving you something to think about as you ride around those hay fields, something to help you pass the time. I know how hot it gets out there this time of year and how boring those hay fields can get, just wanted you to have something interesting to talk about. Maybe you can think of something nice to say about the Bluetick Breed, it's not just BC there are more good Blueticks, just as there are in other breeds. I do agree that BC is stirring interest as he is capable of winning any hunt in the country. Competition brings out the best in every sport, maybe all breeds will benefit from all the attention BC is bringing to the coon hunting community. The Blueticks and English dogs are starting to strut their stuff in competition, it's no longer a given that a Walker dog will win every major hunt in the country. The XBreed program gives everyone the chance to pick the best dogs to breed to regardless of breed and still be able to compete in competition hunts. That is something us old timers did not have the opportunity to do, our XBreeds were hunted as grade dogs. I do remember some nice grade dogs that won a truck load of trophies competition hunting, often the high scoring dog of the hunt, in the days of 3 hour hunts. I am always for the best coon dog winning regardless of breed. You beat me with a poodle, I will shake your hand. Dave

I ain’t in them no more I retired again yesterday every day is Saturday from now on.

Tar

Old Post 08-13-2020 12:53 PM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Dave I'm still in them hay fields and it is nice to have something fun like this to think about especial sense I have 4 young BC pups also. Soon gona be some long days looking at corn as well. Funny how just thinking about a passion can help pass the time.

Old Post 08-13-2020 01:41 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Hey guys, I have a buddy that is looking to breed his blue female. How can he get a hold of the owner of Big Country. Any help will be appreciated.

Old Post 08-13-2020 01:42 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

Big country

John Strickland
(859)481-3400

Old Post 08-13-2020 04:11 PM
GCH Viper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCH Viper Click here to Send GCH Viper a Private Message Find more posts by GCH Viper Add GCH Viper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote