UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Autumn Oaks Online Entries
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
trevorwade09
UKC Forum Member

Autumn Oaks Online Entries

Online entries for Autumn Oaks opened yesterday. You can sign your dogs up online for the following events:
1. Nite Hunt
2. Bench Show
3. National Dual Championship
4. Conformation
5. Junior Showmanship

Here are some answers to some commonly asked questions we get:
- The nite hunt portion of Autumn Oaks is 1 event ran over 2 nights meaning you can only sign a dog up for one night
- All Grnitech dogs hunt on Friday night. The Top 16 high scoring GRNITECH dogs will move on to the Grand 16 on Saturday night
- Autumn Oaks has always been a pre-enter only event but for the first time ever we will be doing walk-up entries on the grounds. The number of on-grounds entries will be based on the number of available guides.
- Pre-entered entry fee for nite hunt will be $40, walk-up entries will be $60
- Pre-entered entry fee for bench and conformation show will be $25, day of entries will be $30
- The National Dual Championship is limited to the first 100 dogs that enter, regardless of breed. Entry fee is $40. Dog has to at least be a Show Champion and Nite Champion to enter this event.
- This is the 2nd leg of the Triple Crown! Be sure if you competed in the Winter Classic to get qualified for the World Championship and signed up for Autumn Oaks
- There will be slams going on Tuesday-Thursday night at clubs in the area
- Deadline to pre-enter is 8/14/20
- More information will be released regarding Covid-19 regulations

Follow the link below for more information and to pre enter:
https://www.ukcdogs.com/autumn-oaks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-08-2020 06:33 PM
trevorwade09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trevorwade09 Click here to Send trevorwade09 a Private Message Click Here to Email trevorwade09 Find more posts by trevorwade09 Add trevorwade09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

I’ve not looked, excuse my ignorance but where are the warm ups this year? Same as last year?

Old Post 07-09-2020 12:42 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Sfox91
I’ve not looked, excuse my ignorance but where are the warm ups this year? Same as last year?

Yes, same as last year.

Tuesday - Hanna's Creek (Liberty)
Wednesday & Thursday - Delaware CO CHA (Selma)

https://www.ukcdogs.com/hunting-eve...-IN-23-20200901

https://www.ukcdogs.com/hunting-eve...-IN-14-20200902

Old Post 07-09-2020 01:20 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fireballs
Banned

Is there camping with fires allowed ? And is it going to be spaced out for social distancing ?

Old Post 07-10-2020 03:45 PM
Fireballs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fireballs Click here to Send Fireballs a Private Message Click Here to Email Fireballs Find more posts by Fireballs Add Fireballs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fireballs
Banned

No reply ?

Old Post 07-19-2020 03:05 PM
Fireballs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fireballs Click here to Send Fireballs a Private Message Click Here to Email Fireballs Find more posts by Fireballs Add Fireballs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dixiedog
UKC Forum Member

There has never been fires allowed except cooking on a cooking grill.

Old Post 07-19-2020 04:46 PM
dixiedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dixiedog Click here to Send dixiedog a Private Message Click Here to Email dixiedog Find more posts by dixiedog Add dixiedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Fireballs
Is there camping with fires allowed ? And is it going to be spaced out for social distancing ?

If your within 6ft of someone while camping it's your own fault the grounds are huge.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-19-2020 05:40 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fireballs
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
If your within 6ft of someone while camping it's your own fault the grounds are huge.
every year I have been some jerk camps and ties there dogs right next to me

Old Post 07-19-2020 07:27 PM
HuntressKate
UKC Forum Member

Camping @AO

Does anyone know how much camping pre-event is? (before Thursday)

Old Post 07-20-2020 09:40 PM
HuntressKate is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HuntressKate Click here to Send HuntressKate a Private Message Click Here to Email HuntressKate Find more posts by HuntressKate Add HuntressKate to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

https://www.ukcdogs.com/article/aut...afety?news_id=4
I understand you have to follow Indiana guidelines but all the rest of this just makes AO just another hunt when you lose the atmosphere! Why no other vendors? Why no one that is not in the company of someone entered many come to shop and see old friends. How is the no entering grounds without someone who is hunting going to work for those that were walkup entries as stated that would be taken? Why no dogs in an open air barn? Indiana's state wide order expires Aug I think 26th if it is not extended will all these mask policies change?
UKC could have simply followed state guidelines as they are at the time without changing the entire atmosphere of this event. These grounds are huge their isn't much reason to even be inside if things are not changed look for entries to be WAY WAY down. We don't just come there for a hunt, we can do that without traveling 9 hours.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-31-2020 01:57 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trevorwade09
UKC Forum Member

Jen, it was as simple as this for us when the phase got extended in Indiana again, we either need to cancel or find a way to make the Health Department approve our plan of action. When the question came to me, I immediately reverted back to my passion with sports and how bad I wanted even a shortened, altered baseball season rather than lose it altogether, so that's how I answered. This version of Autumn Oaks is better to me than it not happening altogether.

With pre-entries we can get a decent feel of our numbers ahead of time. With folks coming to walk around its a crap shoot on how many people will be in each location and quite frankly impossible to police. Our conversations always shifted to the vendor barn last year when it came a down pour and half the crowd was shoved in there. One little hiccup like that could get the whole weekend shut down mid-event which would be an absolute disaster with people on hand who have already paid travel and lodging costs. At least in this situation people have the opportunity to stay home ahead of time and save their money.

I guess my final thought is even if the state is moved into the next phase and we are able to lax restrictions the week before the event, it's way easier for everyone for that to happen then to plan for those lax restrictions and have to scramble and cancel last minute. After meetings with the mayor of Richmond and the city council, it was fairly clear that they didn't expect a move to the next phase to be completed by this date, especially with a holiday on the horizon.

I know there will be folks unwilling to travel as far and that is ok. I will be looking forward to seeing them in 2021. But for the folks who have made prior arrangements and were looking to compete with their hound, we wanted to make this happen for them. A lot of time and thought went into this and we knew it was a lose-lose situation for the get-go.

Old Post 07-31-2020 03:03 AM
trevorwade09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trevorwade09 Click here to Send trevorwade09 a Private Message Click Here to Email trevorwade09 Find more posts by trevorwade09 Add trevorwade09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

So is UKC going to refund my vendor fee that was paid in advance back in June? Since I’m not a sponsor?

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 07-31-2020 03:27 AM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trevorwade09
UKC Forum Member

Yes sir, got a stack of folks to get ahold of tomorrow to inform them of refund.

Old Post 07-31-2020 03:30 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Huntnharris
So is UKC going to refund my vendor fee that was paid in advance back in June? Since I’m not a sponsor?

Guys like this are not in a vendor barn they put up tents. Why not allow more tents for outside set up and shut the enclosed barn doors? The other areas that are just covered are completely open air (the dog barn and where Yoder is at)
I'm guessing there won't be any walk up entries as had been previously planned if you can't get into the grounds without a pass. Autumn Oaks as I stated before is about the experience not just a hunt. I understand certain state guidelines are in place but y'all went way past them. Our dog won this hunt last year and even Cheyenne will tell you that was an honor and accomplishment but he goes for the visiting friends under the shade tree he sees but once a year the shopping at various vendors of things he can only find at Oaks, stealing golf carts ect lol. It is more than a hunt, we go to hunts nearly every weekend. Cutting out visitors and vendors was the wrong move.
Unfortunately and disappointed we most likely will not be making the trip and had been looking forward to it all year. Aside from the mask police if friends that aren't there just to hunt and vendors other than sponsors won't be there it is just another hunt and the Oaks experience though we expected different not ruined.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 07-31-2020 at 04:04 AM

Old Post 07-31-2020 04:02 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by trevorwade09
Yes sir, got a stack of folks to get ahold of tomorrow to inform them of refund.

Really a bad deal for these vendors to not be notified prior to publication. I'm sure many have ordered in $,$$$ of dollars worth of merchandise that they now have no place to sell it, this hunt is the bread and butter for many of them. I pray that they have time to cancel orders but I'm sure that many will be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-31-2020 07:40 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Redneck Mafia. I understand exactly what you're saying and appreciate your concern for vendors. As a vendor, I understand the situation UKC is facing and they are trying to do the best they can. Yes, hopefully 2021 will be a better year. Working hard to have the 2020 hunt is the main thing and sounds like they have achieved that. The atmosphere of the past will not be there. But you can only work within the state rules. Thanks UKC for what you do. Thanks to those going and hunting, supporting UKC.

Old Post 07-31-2020 10:41 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Jen, what is sad is, UKC contacted those vendors that will be allowed to be there before hand. I was told all this info before it was posted to the public by a vendor that will be there. So I found out that I won’t be allowed through another vendor, not UKC. Pathetic on UKC behalf!

I know of another coon hunt the same weekend, that will not turn anyone away. That’s why they are “the place to be”

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 07-31-2020 02:32 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

Would you rather them just cancel it all together then? Seems like they are doing what they have to do in accordance with the state regulations to still be able to put on this hunt. While it certainly is unfortunate, I’ll take a restricted version of Oaks over a canceled one.

-2004 PKC Youth World Hunt, 3rd place
-2005 UKC PA State Overall Show Champion
-2007 UKC Youh National Hunt, 3rd place

-PKC Silver Ch, GRNTCH 'pr' Tree Stalkins Stylish Striker

Old Post 07-31-2020 05:34 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Moore
Would you rather them just cancel it all together then? Seems like they are doing what they have to do in accordance with the state regulations to still be able to put on this hunt. While it certainly is unfortunate, I’ll take a restricted version of Oaks over a canceled one.

No, I would rather them have followed state mandates and left it at that. Utilize more of the outside grounds for vendors if inside buildings need to be eliminated or closed. There are acres and acres of it. Stagger sign up conformations by alphabetical order throughout the day from possibly their own tent with double tables that would have put the distancing without the forced use of mask by those signing up. Allowed for visitors to the park, many travel just to shop and visit old friends.
What are the things that set AO apart from nearly every other hunt?
I understand that UKC like everyone else has to be in compliance of state mandates that is when you find a way to get creative in order to follow yet retain as much of your atmosphere as you can.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-31-2020 06:04 PM
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
No, I would rather them have followed state mandates and left it at that. Utilize more of the outside grounds for vendors if inside buildings need to be eliminated or closed. There are acres and acres of it. Stagger sign up conformations by alphabetical order throughout the day from possibly their own tent with double tables that would have put the distancing without the forced use of mask by those signing up. Allowed for visitors to the park, many travel just to shop and visit old friends.
What are the things that set AO apart from nearly every other hunt?
I understand that UKC like everyone else has to be in compliance of state mandates that is when you find a way to get creative in order to follow yet retain as much of your atmosphere as you can.

All fair points that I can get behind . I just think they are worried about the overall number of people getting out of hand and then having to cancel or drive people away a halfway through the weekend that have already traveled.

-2004 PKC Youth World Hunt, 3rd place
-2005 UKC PA State Overall Show Champion
-2007 UKC Youh National Hunt, 3rd place

-PKC Silver Ch, GRNTCH 'pr' Tree Stalkins Stylish Striker

Old Post 07-31-2020 06:20 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

They could do conformations and draw outs online.

Old Post 07-31-2020 06:27 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Moore
All fair points that I can get behind . I just think they are worried about the overall number of people getting out of hand and then having to cancel or drive people away a halfway through the weekend that have already traveled.

If the numbers were the true worry and we are limited on how many can be on the grounds and outdoors then they should have canceled.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-31-2020 06:44 PM
walkerman75
UKC Forum Member

I sent my 2 entrys in day they opened up.. I dont care if cant buy stuff or anything else.. I like autumn oaks.. I wait all yr for chance to come hunt indiana.. I see alot of people saying cancel it on here an on facebook... if yall wanna cancel it just dont go.. dont ruin it for the ones of us who are going cuz we want too... nobody is for ing anybody to go to autumn oaks... but alot of us are still going.. yes corona screwed this up.. but that's no need to cancel a hunt cuz you cant go walk an but stuff or talk to somebody ya ain't seen in yrs.. if you go to hang out an shoot the **** an cant go ur mad.. if it was canceled.. you still cant go an talk so let ones going have a hunt..

GRNITE CH GRFCH GRCH'PR' ALL GRAND HARRYS MAN HTX 2 [walker]

GRCH FCH WCH PR HARRYS BIG BAD BOOMER HTX

NITECH CH VIRGINIAS MIGHTY MOE

Old Post 07-31-2020 07:26 PM
walkerman75 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerman75 Click here to Send walkerman75 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerman75 Find more posts by walkerman75 Add walkerman75 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by walkerman75
I sent my 2 entrys in day they opened up.. I dont care if cant buy stuff or anything else.. I like autumn oaks.. I wait all yr for chance to come hunt indiana.. I see alot of people saying cancel it on here an on facebook... if yall wanna cancel it just dont go.. dont ruin it for the ones of us who are going cuz we want too... nobody is for ing anybody to go to autumn oaks... but alot of us are still going.. yes corona screwed this up.. but that's no need to cancel a hunt cuz you cant go walk an but stuff or talk to somebody ya ain't seen in yrs.. if you go to hang out an shoot the **** an cant go ur mad.. if it was canceled.. you still cant go an talk so let ones going have a hunt..

And what sets AO apart from every other hunt in Indiana? They have those nearly every night but Sunday.
Does the food, the vendors, the people and the overall atmosphere contribute to the fun of attending and the prestige of this event?Much of this could have been kept and still followed state mandated guidelines. The grounds are enormous which if utilized in a different than normal way could have accommodated this hunt along with the AO experience.
Is there a limit to outdoor occupants? No, just the plan submitted to local health dept for approval.
The fairgrounds have a total of 106 acres even if only 20 of this are generally used that is a lot of space.
What was the point in canceling vendors who are not sponsors?
Why do hunt conformations need to be held completely indoors?
Are the food trucks considered vendors too and also canceled with there being no indoor concession?
Barns and buildings could have still been limited or closed.
I don't think anyone expected the normal bleachers full of people for a big draw out or to watch the bench shows.
I would suspect that UKC is concerned of a PR nightmare coming from the outside world and if that was/is the concern that is out of our/their control no matter what extra precautions are put in place.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-31-2020 08:58 PM
walkerman75
UKC Forum Member

Yes some of it is the atmosphere for me.. but most of it is just autumn oaks hunt.. I have placed several times.. an love it even when I loose.. yes there will be some people I will not see.. it is a terrible thing this covid.. but I looked at the acdc guide lines and ukc did what they had to do to b able to allow to have hunt.. it wasnt a matter of 5 acres or 500 acres .. it is a venue.. that's what cdc goes by.. anything over 250 people .. it truly does suck.. my daughter was gonna come be a vendor this yr.. but she cant now.. an she fully understands y.. yes there are alot of hunts in Indiana.. I'm driving 7 hrs to come hunt.. every weekend you would hunt with locals.. this hunt there will be people from all over hunting.. I can hunt with locals here every weekend

GRNITE CH GRFCH GRCH'PR' ALL GRAND HARRYS MAN HTX 2 [walker]

GRCH FCH WCH PR HARRYS BIG BAD BOOMER HTX

NITECH CH VIRGINIAS MIGHTY MOE

Old Post 07-31-2020 09:36 PM
walkerman75 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerman75 Click here to Send walkerman75 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerman75 Find more posts by walkerman75 Add walkerman75 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote