UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > What do you expect for $$10,000$$
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Aron Nieland
UKC Forum Member

What do you expect for $$10,000$$

What do u expect to buy in a dog for ten grand???

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-19-2012 09:19 PM
Aron Nieland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aron Nieland Click here to Send Aron Nieland a Private Message Find more posts by Aron Nieland Add Aron Nieland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

therapy

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Old Post 02-19-2012 09:22 PM
Dan Dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Dogs Click here to Send Dan Dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Dogs Find more posts by Dan Dogs Add Dan Dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cgetsinger
UKC Forum Member

That it drive me to the land, open his own door, run and tree the coon, then shoot it out form me, reload, then drive me back home.. LOL

Old Post 02-19-2012 09:23 PM
cgetsinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cgetsinger Click here to Send cgetsinger a Private Message Click Here to Email cgetsinger Find more posts by cgetsinger Add cgetsinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walker1978
UKC Forum Member

i think if your crazy enough to spend 10 grand on a dog you better not hafta worry about what your getting, you should know. there are to many other dogs out there for way less that will be a real coondog with no problems getting it done. paying that much tells me you got more money then brains.jmo

Old Post 02-19-2012 09:27 PM
walker1978 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walker1978 Click here to Send walker1978 a Private Message Click Here to Email walker1978 Find more posts by walker1978 Add walker1978 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kcdawg212
UKC Forum Member

i think it would have to be well bred not just joe bred to sally have a great mouth hunt good by itself be a great locater no slick treeing idiot hard stayput under all cond tree dog highly accurate and very good looking and physicaly strong and well put together and not over 3 yrs old and i would have to hunt it at least a week and talk to the breeder and owner of the bitch to see if it was a fluke or from a good cross

Old Post 02-19-2012 09:44 PM
kcdawg212 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kcdawg212 Click here to Send kcdawg212 a Private Message Click Here to Email kcdawg212 Find more posts by kcdawg212 Add kcdawg212 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

lots of dogs going for lots more than that.

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Old Post 02-19-2012 09:49 PM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

a DIVORCE.... but with that being said i got a couple i wouldnt take that for

Old Post 02-19-2012 09:55 PM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RRILEY
UKC Forum Member

I'm not trying to turn this into a kc vs kc post but I don't believe their is any dog that has been strictly hunted in UKC worth 10k only bc like previously stated, you could get a dog of equal caliber for 5-6k. However, if you were buying a dog that has been pushed hard and done alot of winning in PKC that year or the prior year it could def be worth 10k just due to the amount of big money hunts it would be qualified for.

Old Post 02-19-2012 10:00 PM
RRILEY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RRILEY Click here to Send RRILEY a Private Message Click Here to Email RRILEY Find more posts by RRILEY Add RRILEY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
starplott
UKC Forum Member

A $600 bill every year from my ins company to insure it!

I would NEVER pay that much for any dog. I could buy a puppy and make it what I wan't for a lot less.

Old Post 02-19-2012 10:57 PM
starplott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for starplott Click here to Send starplott a Private Message Click Here to Email starplott Find more posts by starplott Add starplott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by starplott
A $600 bill every year from my ins company to insure it!

I would NEVER pay that much for any dog. I could buy a puppy and make it what I wan't for a lot less.

i have made some very nice dogs from pups but never what i wanted

Old Post 02-19-2012 10:59 PM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

I have a friend who sold a B&T for $5000 back in the 80s. The guy paid him and told him to keep hunting the dog for the month until he could get up here to pick him up. I still have a pic of his $5000 dog stuck on a snag in the river while my $500 dog had the tree with the meat on the bank across the river. So for 10000 he better be perfect but I havent seen a perfect dog yet have you??

Old Post 02-19-2012 11:05 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Millwood
UKC Forum Member

I expect a $10,000 dog to have the potential to make my money back and to make a nice profit..

Old Post 02-19-2012 11:09 PM
Jon Millwood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jon Millwood Click here to Send Jon Millwood a Private Message Find more posts by Jon Millwood Add Jon Millwood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Hill
UKC Forum Member

knowing my luck first nite out it would get run over.

Old Post 02-19-2012 11:23 PM
Mike Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Hill Click here to Send Mike Hill a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Hill Find more posts by Mike Hill Add Mike Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

Re: 10000

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Hill
knowing my luck first nite out it would get run over.
thats a chance you take every time you turn one loose... i turned down 5000 for a female the other day and hope i done the right thing and it all ends well... but with my luck who knows

Old Post 02-19-2012 11:27 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

Re: What do you expect for $$10,000$$

quote:
Originally posted by Aron Nieland
What do u expect to buy in a dog for ten grand???
i think any 1 that pays that kind of money for a dog has got more money than common sense but then there are people that will sell thier sole to the devil for money jmo

Old Post 02-19-2012 11:41 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Sisley
UKC Forum Member

For 10,000 it would have to come as a package deal with a place to live because my wife would kick me and my new dog out!

Old Post 02-20-2012 12:13 AM
John Sisley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Sisley Click here to Send John Sisley a Private Message Click Here to Email John Sisley Find more posts by John Sisley Add John Sisley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocky Stevens
UKC Forum Member

10 A+ COON DOGS

Old Post 02-20-2012 12:24 AM
Rocky Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocky Stevens Click here to Send Rocky Stevens a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocky Stevens Find more posts by Rocky Stevens Add Rocky Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CLJohnson
UKC Forum Member

A dog that 80 people wanted to breed to for $250.00 a pop. Gotta make a little spendin money.

Middle Creek Kennels:

Home of:

-GRNITECH Ball's Stylish Hickory Nut Harry
GRCH GRNITECH PR' Crow and Grant's Cutter
-GRCH GRNITECH PR' Night Heat Abby

NITECH PR' Middle Creek's Stylish Kate (1st place 2011 UKC Youth National open hunt and overall high scoring treeing walker female. 1st Place Plott Sectional and overall high scoring dog. Qualified for the 2012 UKC World Championship. Qualified for the 2012 Youth Nationals.)

-NITECH PR' MC Queen & Fergys Wipeout Zack
'PR' Wipeout Pebbles
-NTECH PR' Packrat

-GRNITECH ‘PR’ Hard Knockin Stylish Hayes
GRNITECH ‘PR’ Ball’s Stylish Hickory Nut Harry
-GRNITECH ‘PR’ Schmersal’s Stylish Anna

NITECH ‘PR’ Middle Creek’s Stylish Banjo

-GRNITECH ‘PR’ Turpin’s Insane Cain
NITECH ‘PR’ Johnson’s Extreme Jane
-GRNITECH ‘PR’ Treesinging Rambling Roxy

Old Post 02-20-2012 12:48 AM
CLJohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CLJohnson Click here to Send CLJohnson a Private Message Find more posts by CLJohnson Add CLJohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T.Beyer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Dogs
therapy

Bingo. At least for me.

In Honor of Jim Sizemore, " This ain't no benchshow!"

Old Post 02-20-2012 06:25 AM
T.Beyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T.Beyer Click here to Send T.Beyer a Private Message Click Here to Email T.Beyer Find more posts by T.Beyer Add T.Beyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rockcreek21
UKC Forum Member

I would expect two fools meeting.

Old Post 02-20-2012 07:09 AM
rockcreek21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockcreek21 Click here to Send rockcreek21 a Private Message Find more posts by rockcreek21 Add rockcreek21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smokin-1-mo
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: What do you expect for $$10,000$$

quote:
Originally posted by hillbilly56
i think any 1 that pays that kind of money for a dog has got more money than common sense but then there are people that will sell thier sole to the devil for money jmo

IF THEY CAN PAY THIS FOR A DOG I THINK THEY HAVE MORE THEN COMMON SENCE GOING FOR THEM....AS FOR THE REST OF YOUR STATEMENT..HOW IGNORENT....

Old Post 02-20-2012 11:46 AM
smokin-1-mo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smokin-1-mo Click here to Send smokin-1-mo a Private Message Click Here to Email smokin-1-mo Find more posts by smokin-1-mo Add smokin-1-mo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

I have never paid that for a dog, but i have sold some for over 5k. Its not about common sense or amount of money. Its about know what you want and knowing what keeps you in the game. most of these dogs that sell for that kind of money are granded out by the age of 3 and have the ability to win in the right hands. what you are not going to see on this thread is the response of the ones who have no problem paying that kind of money. to each his own, i like getting young dogs going and turning them over. and a 1000 to 2000 is not that much for a dog that will run and tree his own coon these days.

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Old Post 02-20-2012 12:23 PM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Millwood
I expect a $10,000 dog to have the potential to make my money back and to make a nice profit..

That pretty much it in a nut shell. If you spend that kind of money on a dog, i'll bet it is a proven one already, and chances are you have done some math and figured out how to turn a profit. If you haven't, and the dog is just ole fido from around the corner, well i say good luck on your purchase, because the investment part is not likely to be there. If i could afford to spend it, i would, with all the research, hunting and health testing being done up front. If you don't, and you buy a "trader" dog, you'll likely be on here talking about how someone screwed you over on a dog, but remember, you bought it....they simply sold you what you asked for!

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 02-20-2012 12:38 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Farron Barron
UKC Forum Member

Me and my partner paid 15k for one a couple years ago. He won 37k in pkc and we sold him a year and a half later for 15k. If you do your homework you get what you pay for

Old Post 02-20-2012 01:58 PM
Farron Barron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Farron Barron Click here to Send Farron Barron a Private Message Find more posts by Farron Barron Add Farron Barron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: What do you expect for $$10,000$$

quote:
Originally posted by smokin-1-mo
IF THEY CAN PAY THIS FOR A DOG I THINK THEY HAVE MORE THEN COMMON SENCE GOING FOR THEM....AS FOR THE REST OF YOUR STATEMENT..HOW IGNORENT....
well i may be ignorent in your book sir but to me people that has that kind of money and pay that for a dog has no common sense they should invest it for thier future as for the rest of my stament you maybe should really think about what some people will do for money it wont get them up in the lords house but it will sure send them to the devils house but everybody got thir opion this is mine

Old Post 02-20-2012 03:10 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote