UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Walk with Wick Volume 1
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
whats up
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by coondog48
Whats up, this is very nice to see in these times. Best to you and your family during the holidays.

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-24-2020 11:37 AM
whats up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for whats up Click here to Send whats up a Private Message Click Here to Email whats up Find more posts by whats up Add whats up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whats up
UKC Forum Member

Foothills there in the mail

Old Post 12-24-2020 03:44 PM
whats up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for whats up Click here to Send whats up a Private Message Click Here to Email whats up Find more posts by whats up Add whats up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dholland
UKC Forum Member

Looking for another hunting book

I have both of the Wick books -- Volume I and II -- but am looking for "Tales of Old Traveller," about a Bobcat hound? It was for sale for many years in Full Cry, and I will bet some of you old-time coonhunters have a copy you would be willing to part with! Thanks! Darryl Holland, dholland@henry.k12.va.us

Old Post 12-24-2020 06:18 PM
dholland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dholland Click here to Send dholland a Private Message Click Here to Email dholland Find more posts by dholland Add dholland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

ebay

I was laid of from work for over 3 months , I need the cash. I just dropped the price on my ebay auction 100 dollars because I had a hunter contact me to drop my price. Minimum bid 215 , buy it now 310

Old Post 12-25-2020 11:52 PM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Banger_Bawls
UKC Forum Member

If you find one where people haven't lost their minds on what they wanna get out of it I'd like to get a copy as well.

Old Post 12-27-2020 04:57 AM
Banger_Bawls is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Banger_Bawls Click here to Send Banger_Bawls a Private Message Click Here to Email Banger_Bawls Find more posts by Banger_Bawls Add Banger_Bawls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

walk with wick

F&T fur harvesters has vol 2 on special for december 24.95. If you have to have vol 1 , amazon 1500.00 that was not an error on my part. On ebay I got 310.00 for vol 1 & 2. I was looking over vol 1 , I am sure the breaking trick of holding a plastic bag over you dogs head until it passes out is not in the newer additions. Wick says 19 out of 20 dogs survive this breaking method. Had an old hunter tell me once. 50 gallon barrel , punch a bunch of holes in it so the sharp edge of the hole is facing inside the barrel. Put dog and rear deer legs in barrel and roll down the hill. I think I will just stick to the shocking collar.

Old Post 12-29-2020 08:46 AM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whats up
UKC Forum Member

Foothills

Did you get it yet

Old Post 01-01-2021 12:05 PM
foothills
UKC Forum Member

Re: Foothills

quote:
Originally posted by whats up
Did you get it yet

Yes sir, sent you pm.

Old Post 01-01-2021 12:53 PM
foothills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for foothills Click here to Send foothills a Private Message Find more posts by foothills Add foothills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whats up
UKC Forum Member

Got it

Old Post 01-01-2021 10:09 PM
PlottChaser
UKC Forum Member

If anyone is still in the market I have my two volume set listed on eBay now at the following link
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Walk-With-...G-/233847089771

Hunting is one of those pleasures that you won't understand if you have to have it explained, which is good because folks who enjoy it can't fully explain why. -Ron Spomer

Old Post 01-05-2021 12:32 AM
PlottChaser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PlottChaser Click here to Send PlottChaser a Private Message Click Here to Email PlottChaser Find more posts by PlottChaser Add PlottChaser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

what is a volume 1 in perfect condition going for?

Old Post 02-18-2021 06:42 PM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

ebay

got 315 for volume 1 & 2 on ebay , vol. 2 cost me 30.. Felt sorry for the bidder and included a Black & Tan , and an American Redbone assc. year books with the order as an extra gift from me... Amazon has a copy of vol 1 for sale. 1500.00 that is not a typo

Old Post 02-18-2021 07:34 PM
Tad Banks
UKC Forum Member

walk with wick

Does any one remember what volume1 sold for when new from Wick?

Old Post 02-18-2021 07:56 PM
Tad Banks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tad Banks Click here to Send Tad Banks a Private Message Find more posts by Tad Banks Add Tad Banks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

my guess

I believe I paid 24. 95.. mid 1980's. I just bought another vol 2 , it was on a christmas sale for 29.00 , was 10 dollars off. The original vol. one had 5 trash breaking methods you would not find in the vol. 1 reprint. There was about 3 different printings of vol. 1. Only the first printing is going for the 300 dollar range. The original also has more talk about how long to hunt a pup before you give up on the pup and cull it. The animal rights people don't believe in culling , unless they are in a group to make money , such as HSUS assc. They believe they are the only one's that have a right to kill an animal. And they use that to sucker people into donating money to their cause. Now that could open up a pretty big can of worms. HSUS only has ALL KILL shelters , they are the one's that should be put in jail. In my state , a dog is your property , and you can kill it, if you do it humanely.

Old Post 02-19-2021 07:53 AM
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

Re: ebay

quote:
Originally posted by Black Ash Bawl
got 315 for volume 1 & 2 on ebay , vol. 2 cost me 30.. Felt sorry for the bidder and included a Black & Tan , and an American Redbone assc. year books with the order as an extra gift from me... Amazon has a copy of vol 1 for sale. 1500.00 that is not a typo

I'd sell 1 & 2 for that 😁 even pay for shipping

Old Post 02-20-2021 02:35 AM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R.__Ratliff
UKC Forum Member

I got all 3 wick books and a catalog listed on eBay if any one is interested.

Old Post 02-25-2021 03:10 AM
J.R.__Ratliff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.R.__Ratliff Click here to Send J.R.__Ratliff a Private Message Click Here to Email J.R.__Ratliff Visit J.R.__Ratliff's homepage! Find more posts by J.R.__Ratliff Add J.R.__Ratliff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tad Banks
UKC Forum Member

walk with wick

How many volumes were there, and what is the differences in each volumes?

Old Post 02-28-2021 08:18 PM
Tad Banks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tad Banks Click here to Send Tad Banks a Private Message Find more posts by Tad Banks Add Tad Banks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R.__Ratliff
UKC Forum Member

3 different ones

1. Walk with wick tree dog Encyclopedia 1985 is the best . It has all the old school methods and we'll illustrated. (Pre animal rights)

2. Walk with wick tree dog Encyclopedia vol. 1 is more modern (animal right friendly)

3. Walk with wick tree dog Encyclopedia vol. 2 is more questions and answers with John Wick

That is my views on all them.

Old Post 03-01-2021 03:08 AM
J.R.__Ratliff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.R.__Ratliff Click here to Send J.R.__Ratliff a Private Message Click Here to Email J.R.__Ratliff Visit J.R.__Ratliff's homepage! Find more posts by J.R.__Ratliff Add J.R.__Ratliff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

ebay

Listed a 1985 edition for a friend I hunted with back in the 80's who is currently on long term disability. Listed it for 350 dollars minimum bid. Had a fellow offer me 500 and I accepted it. Thanks much.

Old Post 03-28-2021 09:51 AM
jgagesmith
UKC Forum Member

Volume 1&2

Is anyone still looking for 1&2. Green and brown. I have both and may sell them.

Old Post 12-04-2023 03:57 PM
jgagesmith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jgagesmith Click here to Send jgagesmith a Private Message Click Here to Email jgagesmith Find more posts by jgagesmith Add jgagesmith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jgagesmith
UKC Forum Member

Volume 1&2

Is anyone still looking for 1&2. Green and brown. I have both and may sell them.

Old Post 12-04-2023 04:06 PM
jgagesmith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jgagesmith Click here to Send jgagesmith a Private Message Click Here to Email jgagesmith Find more posts by jgagesmith Add jgagesmith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jgagesmith
UKC Forum Member

Volume 1&2

Old Post 12-04-2023 04:12 PM
jgagesmith
UKC Forum Member

Volume 1&2

Old Post 12-04-2023 04:13 PM
jgagesmith
UKC Forum Member

Volume 1&2

I have the green and brown….volume 1 & 2. If anyone is interested in purchasing them let me know.

Old Post 12-04-2023 04:22 PM