UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Sunrise's best cross?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Sunrise's best cross?

What was Tequila Sunrise's best cross?

Tried to search the forums, but couldn't find the info needed.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-13-2014 10:15 PM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aron Nieland
UKC Forum Member

mile branch sister all made coondogs. Bruce

Old Post 09-13-2014 11:41 PM
Aron Nieland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aron Nieland Click here to Send Aron Nieland a Private Message Find more posts by Aron Nieland Add Aron Nieland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnfitzgerald
UKC Forum Member

Wipeout zebbie and rolling hills sis both were good crosses

Old Post 09-14-2014 01:12 AM
shawnfitzgerald is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnfitzgerald Click here to Send shawnfitzgerald a Private Message Find more posts by shawnfitzgerald Add shawnfitzgerald to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shawnfitzgerald
Wipeout zebbie and rolling hills sis both were good crosses

Zebbie that's the cross history is out of right?

Old Post 09-14-2014 01:35 AM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Does anyone know if tequila cane has any littermates still around. I believe he was out of a cross made on hard knockin cindy

Old Post 09-14-2014 01:38 AM
Erik Fisher
UKC Forum Member

Tri Color Nowheres was a darn good cross too. Truck hunt final four, walker days winner, chckc world final four, new england state ch winner. And plenty of other wins. And I think every dog out of that cross is titled. Not sure if its the best but pretty darn good for sure! But she produced on anything she was bred too also! :-)

Old Post 09-14-2014 01:54 AM
Erik Fisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erik Fisher Click here to Send Erik Fisher a Private Message Click Here to Email Erik Fisher Find more posts by Erik Fisher Add Erik Fisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Erik Fisher
Tri Color Nowheres was a darn good cross too. Truck hunt final four, walker days winner, chckc world final four, new england state ch winner. And plenty of other wins. And I think every dog out of that cross is titled. Not sure if its the best but pretty darn good for sure! But she produced on anything she was bred too also! :-)

You have my interest... tell me more!!

Any studs out of this cross?

Old Post 09-14-2014 02:14 AM
Erik Fisher
UKC Forum Member

I know there are a couple of males out of this cross that I think would breed females but not at studthat I know of per say....one in massechusettes owned by Bob Thatcher and one in Arkansas owned by Lynn Tubbs I beleive.

Old Post 09-14-2014 02:28 AM
Erik Fisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erik Fisher Click here to Send Erik Fisher a Private Message Click Here to Email Erik Fisher Find more posts by Erik Fisher Add Erik Fisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

It seems to me that sunrise was known more for producing females?

I only know of 2 studs out of him, history and cane, cane has passed on.

Old Post 09-14-2014 02:38 AM
brogy
UKC Forum Member

My dad has a male off Shea. Hasn't hunted him enough to know for sure but he likes him so far.

Old Post 09-14-2014 03:40 AM
brogy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brogy Click here to Send brogy a Private Message Click Here to Email brogy Find more posts by brogy Add brogy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

I too would like to hear how the male dog that Mr. Lynn Tubbs owns operates.I got him on a list of 5 studs that I may cross on Darlin. I am also following the cross made with (Darlins Littermate)Ragin Bo X Shea(Sunrise Daughter) Seems like the one trait most Sunrise dogs have are ...Independence/Accuracy.Nowheres cross surely made some good ones

Old Post 09-14-2014 03:58 AM
James B Grice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James B Grice Click here to Send James B Grice a Private Message Click Here to Email James B Grice Find more posts by James B Grice Add James B Grice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

I just don't understand why there are 25 different studs out of the same dog, and I can only find 2 out of sunrise, one which is dead.

Old Post 09-14-2014 05:14 AM
coch20
UKC Forum Member

Sneaky Pete seems to be a real reproduce as little as he's been bred.
I think slim Willie is out of him also, there is more too, just gotta remember them

Northern Backwoods Kennels

Old Post 09-14-2014 07:04 AM
coch20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coch20 Click here to Send coch20 a Private Message Click Here to Email coch20 Find more posts by coch20 Add coch20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rich Allen
UKC Forum Member

Flat Run Pete. Jeff Stallard owns him. Big huntin dog with the goods!

Old Post 09-14-2014 01:58 PM
Rich Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rich Allen Click here to Send Rich Allen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rich Allen Find more posts by Rich Allen Add Rich Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randy steadman
UKC Forum Member

h

MOST OF SUNS DOGS WAS HUNTED IN PKC AND NOT RUN AT STUD SUN AND PEACHES WAS A HECKUVA A CROSS NOWHERES CROSS WAS GREAT CHAD BEARD HAS A MALE FOR SALE THAT IS 4 MONTHS OLD ON THE PKC SITE OUT OF SUN

Old Post 09-14-2014 02:08 PM
randy steadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randy steadman Click here to Send randy steadman a Private Message Find more posts by randy steadman Add randy steadman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Cooper
UKC Forum Member

Yes Sun Makin History is out of that cross.

Old Post 09-14-2014 02:21 PM
Craig Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Cooper Click here to Send Craig Cooper a Private Message Find more posts by Craig Cooper Add Craig Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
donaldpeyton
UKC Forum Member

I know where a grand night male is off sun and a Hayes jr female has over 7 or 8 thousand won that's never been bred! A coondog night after night.

Old Post 09-14-2014 08:16 PM
donaldpeyton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for donaldpeyton Click here to Send donaldpeyton a Private Message Find more posts by donaldpeyton Add donaldpeyton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lynn Tubbs
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Grice I own a GRNITE male off Nowhere and Sunrise, best dog I have owned in 40 yrs. of hunting. Give me a call and I will describe him to the best of my ability. I have not pushed him in the hunts or stud pen. I can give you a bunch of references on him from local people, and from Larry Proulx. 501-679-1688. I think the Sunrise and Nowhere cross might possibly be the best cross if you consider the whole litter.

Last edited by Lynn Tubbs on 09-14-2014 at 08:53 PM

Old Post 09-14-2014 08:49 PM
Lynn Tubbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lynn Tubbs Click here to Send Lynn Tubbs a Private Message Click Here to Email Lynn Tubbs Find more posts by Lynn Tubbs Add Lynn Tubbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D Compton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by James B Grice
I too would like to hear how the male dog that Mr. Lynn Tubbs owns operates.I got him on a list of 5 studs that I may cross on Darlin. I am also following the cross made with (Darlins Littermate)Ragin Bo X Shea(Sunrise Daughter) Seems like the one trait most Sunrise dogs have are ...Independence/Accuracy.Nowheres cross surely made some good ones

James, he is a hard fast hunter and trees real live ones, Lynn is a pleasure hunter that is why this dog is not known, if he belonged to a hard core competion hunter he would be getting his picture taken!!! You can call Lynn @ 501-679-1688

Old Post 09-14-2014 08:57 PM
D Compton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Compton Click here to Send D Compton a Private Message Click Here to Email D Compton Find more posts by D Compton Add D Compton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whitedog
UKC Forum Member

The cross with Sunrise and Snakehollow Tick was a great cross. A whole litter of coon dogs. Some of the dogs from this cross that have won across the country. Sunrise Service, Snakehollow Billy, Snakehollow Hanna, Snakehollow Stormy, Tomlin's Little Roxy. These hounds are also reproducing as well.

Old Post 09-14-2014 10:01 PM
whitedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for whitedog Click here to Send whitedog a Private Message Find more posts by whitedog Add whitedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chayes
UKC Forum Member

sun

There is a dual grand male out of tequila sunrise/ howser star here in alabama! He is all COONDOG! He has only breed local females an every pup has been early starting an very independent!!!

Old Post 09-15-2014 12:43 AM
chayes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chayes Click here to Send chayes a Private Message Find more posts by chayes Add chayes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Is there many straws collected on sunrise? Any for sale?

Old Post 09-16-2014 05:18 AM
Jacob Holt
UKC Forum Member

Ashley Hopkins does have some but don't know that he would sell any of it.

GRNITECH She's A Lady (Trackman x Stylish
Nite Heat Trixie)

'PR' Holts Harry Rat (Mojo x Malden Branch
Mouse)

'PR' Harry Two (Harry Semen x Hardwood
Candy Kane)

Old Post 09-16-2014 10:16 PM
Jacob Holt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jacob Holt Click here to Send Jacob Holt a Private Message Click Here to Email Jacob Holt Find more posts by Jacob Holt Add Jacob Holt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DRhodes
UKC Forum Member

BTT!

Old Post 07-29-2015 07:08 PM
DRhodes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRhodes Click here to Send DRhodes a Private Message Find more posts by DRhodes Add DRhodes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jacob Holt
Ashley Hopkins does have some but don't know that he would sell any of it.

As far as I know Ashley is just keeping it and breeding select females. I think the litter out of Skuna River Squeaky produced some god dogs, they are 4 now. TA Evans shine female I know is a good one

Old Post 07-29-2015 07:12 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote