UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Administration
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

Administration

What is up with all these fake profiles and click bait posts????

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-23-2017 01:03 AM
McSquizzie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for McSquizzie Click here to Send McSquizzie a Private Message Find more posts by McSquizzie Add McSquizzie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luther's Fiest
UKC Forum Member

Re: Administration

quote:
Originally posted by McSquizzie
What is up with all these fake profiles and click bait posts????

X2 seems they are getting really bad on here. I made a post about it the other day myself

Hunt em hard, cull em harder
Luther's Feist Kennels on Facebook

Old Post 07-23-2017 01:45 AM
Luther's Fiest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luther's Fiest Click here to Send Luther's Fiest a Private Message Click Here to Email Luther's Fiest Find more posts by Luther's Fiest Add Luther's Fiest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

Most likely have automatic approval, the spammers get right in.

Mods are unaware unless you hit "the report to moderator tab"

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 07-23-2017 02:52 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Littletown
UKC Forum Member

These SCAM / clickbait posts are filling up the Dog Legislation page, also.

Old Post 07-24-2017 07:28 PM
Littletown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Littletown Click here to Send Littletown a Private Message Click Here to Email Littletown Find more posts by Littletown Add Littletown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

It's obvious the admins don't care, as no reply 24 hours later.

Old Post 07-25-2017 02:20 AM
McSquizzie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for McSquizzie Click here to Send McSquizzie a Private Message Find more posts by McSquizzie Add McSquizzie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luther's Fiest
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by McSquizzie
It's obvious the admins don't care, as no reply 24 hours later.

I'm wandering if the only way an administrator gets on is if a post is reported.

Old Post 07-25-2017 11:29 AM
Luther's Fiest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luther's Fiest Click here to Send Luther's Fiest a Private Message Click Here to Email Luther's Fiest Find more posts by Luther's Fiest Add Luther's Fiest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Don't care? Really? I bet I deleted 50 of them yesterday myself and I'm only one of 10 moderators. I hate it. You have no idea how much I care and how bad I hate that crap. I complain to the webmaster every day about it. But dang I have other responsibilities here besides the forums. We're trying. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Old Post 07-25-2017 02:08 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Wolfe
UKC Forum Member

THANKS Todd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
Don't care? Really? I bet I deleted 50 of them yesterday myself and I'm only one of 10 moderators. I hate it. You have no idea how much I care and how bad I hate that crap. I complain to the webmaster every day about it. But dang I have other responsibilities here besides the forums. We're trying. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Old Post 07-25-2017 04:06 PM
Randy Wolfe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Wolfe Click here to Send Randy Wolfe a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Wolfe Find more posts by Randy Wolfe Add Randy Wolfe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

quote:

My apologies Todd for the assumption. But with 10 admins and no response in 4 days....

Old Post 07-27-2017 04:22 AM
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

It's frustrating and it's getting worse. I visit other forums every day and I've never seen it on any other sites. Why just this one?...I don't know.

Old Post 07-27-2017 02:24 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luther's Fiest
UKC Forum Member

quote:
It's frustrating and it's getting worse. I visit other forums every day and I've never seen it on any other sites. Why just this one?...I don't know.

I have also noticed it's worse on this one. I can't remember when I signed up if I had to wait to be approved or not. Maybe could put a delay on the sign up to screen through new members to help block the spammers

Old Post 07-27-2017 03:18 PM
Littletown
UKC Forum Member

Thank you Todd, for ALL that you do for everyone. We know you have a lot more to do than to babysit the forums and take out the trash on them.

The real shame is that you have to...

Old Post 07-28-2017 07:03 PM
Littletown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Littletown Click here to Send Littletown a Private Message Click Here to Email Littletown Find more posts by Littletown Add Littletown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luther's Fiest
UKC Forum Member

Saw on the beagle classified forum that it is going to have a Facebook page. I'm affraid it won't be long before the whole forum is moved to facebook.

Like I said on the beagle forum if the spammers can be stopped on facebook they should be able to be stopped on this forum as well. I sure hope it doesn't move to facebook, if it does it will sure loose me as member

Old Post 09-01-2017 04:42 AM
Littletown
UKC Forum Member

The spammer is on here simply because he found out about this Forum. He may have stumbled across it by accident and decided to give it a try.

I have accidently clicked on a couple of them when they had titles that sounded "appropriate" for what we usually see on these message boards. Now, I have to take time to first look at the title, then look over to see if I know the poster, or if the "name" is just a bunch of random letters, which is usually what this spammer uses, instead of a real name.

Either way, it is very annoying, but just for the record, these creeps are all over Facebook, also. You can block them, but they just change some of their information, & they are right back on.

Several of us have reported these spammers to Facebook, but it just continues, because the spammers seem to find a way around it.

Old Post 09-01-2017 07:50 PM