UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > The Lipper Strain
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lipperman
You're right, HOBO.

It used to crack me up to read those ads that said "will breed to approved females only". Yea, right.

It's amazing how fast that cash will get them approved!

I'm not famous; I've never owned a famous hound, and probably the only compliment I've ever received was from Tim Ball, he told me "I always kept above average coon dogs." If you coon hunt in Okla, that's considered a compliment. I have probably owned, trained, bought, sold and culled as many Lipper sons, daughters, grandsons and granddaughters of Lipper as any man in the country. The absolute best five hounds that ever went through my pens were sons/daughters, GRS/GRD of Lipper. I am currently hunting a string of Lipper/Banjo bred hounds that have many of the Lipper traits; fast track dogs, loud mouths and wide hunters. I coon hunt constantly, and have for forty years, usually from five to eight nights a week, depending on what I have to do; it takes a pretty tough hound to standup under the kind of hunting I put on them. The Lipper dogs filled the bill for me. The good ones were "born started", it was not unusual to have a pup run and tree the first night in the woods. They had loud mouths, they would drownout common tree dogs, they could move a track like nothing I had ever seen before, they were one bark tree dogs and accurate. They were real score card dogs that could dominate a cast. Now as far as Lipper's reproducing ability, everybody wanted a Lipper dog, they bred all kinds of females to him I'm sure good ones and I'm also sure some that shouldn't ever have been bred. I took a young dual ch female to Lipper in August one year, and Mac told me I was #115 for the year. That's a lot of females. Like I said, everone wanted a Lipper dog, his pups were in great demand, and if it was out of Lipper, you could sell it; so I'm sure many of the females bred couldn't reproduce any thing of value. I have never met Mr. Hopkins, I never hunted with Lipper, but I sure turned a lot of his off spring loose. I wish him every success with this litter. Tom

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-12-2010 01:59 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pigsit
I'm not famous; I've never owned a famous hound, and probably the only compliment I've ever received was from Tim Ball, he told me "I always kept above average coon dogs." If you coon hunt in Okla, that's considered a compliment. I have probably owned, trained, bought, sold and culled as many Lipper sons, daughters, grandsons and granddaughters of Lipper as any man in the country. The absolute best five hounds that ever went through my pens were sons/daughters, GRS/GRD of Lipper. I am currently hunting a string of Lipper/Banjo bred hounds that have many of the Lipper traits; fast track dogs, loud mouths and wide hunters. I coon hunt constantly, and have for forty years, usually from five to eight nights a week, depending on what I have to do; it takes a pretty tough hound to standup under the kind of hunting I put on them. The Lipper dogs filled the bill for me. The good ones were "born started", it was not unusual to have a pup run and tree the first night in the woods. They had loud mouths, they would drownout common tree dogs, they could move a track like nothing I had ever seen before, they were one bark tree dogs and accurate. They were real score card dogs that could dominate a cast. Now as far as Lipper's reproducing ability, everybody wanted a Lipper dog, they bred all kinds of females to him I'm sure good ones and I'm also sure some that shouldn't ever have been bred. I took a young dual ch female to Lipper in August one year, and Mac told me I was #115 for the year. That's a lot of females. Like I said, everone wanted a Lipper dog, his pups were in great demand, and if it was out of Lipper, you could sell it; so I'm sure many of the females bred couldn't reproduce any thing of value. I have never met Mr. Hopkins, I never hunted with Lipper, but I sure turned a lot of his off spring loose. I wish him every success with this litter. Tom

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom.. You evidently have a grasp and understanding of days when LIPPER was in his hay Day, as well, as the dogs of today.
It is refreshing to know that there are some who recognise the difference and can share in my excitement "THE HOUNDS OF IMPACT" that are due in only 2 more days. Thanks for an honest and informative post. I wish you the best

Tom Hopkins
Hopkins/Lipper

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Old Post 07-12-2010 04:30 PM
Hopkins/Lipper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hopkins/Lipper Click here to Send Hopkins/Lipper a Private Message Click Here to Email Hopkins/Lipper Find more posts by Hopkins/Lipper Add Hopkins/Lipper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh
UKC Forum Member

Im a skeptic, I am by nature hard on evaluating anything. If I tell you I have a young dog that is doing allright, you can bet it is way above average.

No dog walks on water, no dog ever has...They are ALL just dogs.

I still say Lipper had more opertunity to prove his awsome reproducing ability than any hound ever has or ever will. His past success is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

On thing is for sure, The older I get, the harder is is to find somthing to get excited about....When it comes to pups excitement will go a LONG way. This combined with the price tag on these pups will gaurantee them more oppertunity than any other pup alive.

Good luck with your venture Mr. Hopkins

Old Post 07-12-2010 04:47 PM
josh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh Click here to Send josh a Private Message Click Here to Email josh Find more posts by josh Add josh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

From all accounts read on here, a good Lipper dog would probably last about a month and get hit on the road. We don't have the woods for those big wide hunters.

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 07-12-2010 05:28 PM
Ron Ashbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Ashbaugh Click here to Send Ron Ashbaugh a Private Message Find more posts by Ron Ashbaugh Add Ron Ashbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by josh
Im a skeptic, I am by nature hard on evaluating anything. If I tell you I have a young dog that is doing allright, you can bet it is way above average.

No dog walks on water, no dog ever has...They are ALL just dogs.

I still say Lipper had more opertunity to prove his awsome reproducing ability than any hound ever has or ever will. His past success is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

On thing is for sure, The older I get, the harder is is to find somthing to get excited about....When it comes to pups excitement will go a LONG way. This combined with the price tag on these pups will gaurantee them more oppertunity than any other pup alive.

Good luck with your venture Mr. Hopkins

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josh I think what you said is sincere and holds a lot of truth. I appreciate your thoughts and oppinion. You are certainly right about the fact that what we as coonhunters seek is an excitement and enjoyment from what is not easy nor is it a lazy mans sport.
Many who have never expierenced a dog such as a LIPPER or LAWYER or CASH cannot comprehend the thrill that dogs like these can bring. After having one, nothing else will satisfy you. This litter of LIPPERS IMPACT has me more excited and fired up than anything I can remember. To me that is what it is all about.They are due in only 2 more days .Thanks for your post.

Tom Hopkins
Hopkins/Lipper

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Old Post 07-12-2010 05:28 PM
Hopkins/Lipper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hopkins/Lipper Click here to Send Hopkins/Lipper a Private Message Click Here to Email Hopkins/Lipper Find more posts by Hopkins/Lipper Add Hopkins/Lipper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JJ
UKC Forum Member

Many of us had the thrill of having a good dog. Many of us.

Old Post 07-12-2010 05:40 PM
JJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JJ Click here to Send JJ a Private Message Find more posts by JJ Add JJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

I have seen it mentioned many times on this post about the price of these pups being high. I have not seen the price of these dogs. Did I just miss it? How much are these pups and who do you have to be to get one?

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 07-12-2010 06:03 PM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bandithunter
UKC Forum Member

Hopkins/Lipper, I wish you well with those pups. Lipper dogs are the only walkers I'd feed.

Old Post 07-12-2010 06:20 PM
bandithunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bandithunter Click here to Send bandithunter a Private Message Click Here to Email bandithunter Find more posts by bandithunter Add bandithunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Okie Dawg
I have seen it mentioned many times on this post about the price of these pups being high. I have not seen the price of these dogs. Did I just miss it? How much are these pups and who do you have to be to get one?

Okie Dawg... I have not yet priced one of these little LIPPERS as we do not know how many we will have as yet. As far as who gets one, that depends on the best hunter I can possibly put one in the hands of. A serious hard hunter that will put them in the woods and in the winners circle. I have every confidence that they will be history makers and truly"HOUNDS OF IMPACT".
Only 2 more days untill they arrive. I AM FIRED UP !!!!

Tom Hopkins
Hopkins/Lipper

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Old Post 07-12-2010 06:21 PM
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

I am sure glad to see some of the old blood brought back to the top. I wish you the very best of success with them. I would love to keep up with how they do. Wish I could get one but I couldn't do one justise in the night hunts. I don't fight cuss and argue over things in the woods as much as you have to at times to win.LOL

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

Old Post 07-12-2010 06:27 PM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

Sure hope you will put some picks of the pups up when they get here.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507

Old Post 07-12-2010 06:40 PM
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

THERE'S A LIPPER TRAIN ACOMIN'

quote:
Originally posted by Okie Dawg
Sure hope you will put some picks of the pups up when they get here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okie..... you can bet I will get some pics of these latest LIPPERS up on the board as soon as they get here . We do not have long to wait now,. Only 2 more days till this litter of "HOUNDS OF IMPACT" will arrive. Thanks for your interest.

Tom Hopkins
Hopkins/Lipper

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Old Post 07-12-2010 07:25 PM
BAWL_TRACK
UKC Forum Member

everbody runnin their mouth bout lipper this lipper that ..... what kinda female is it hell she might need some credit cause they are half her not all lipper.

Old Post 07-12-2010 07:49 PM
BAWL_TRACK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BAWL_TRACK Click here to Send BAWL_TRACK a Private Message Click Here to Email BAWL_TRACK Find more posts by BAWL_TRACK Add BAWL_TRACK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barryg35
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BAWL_TRACK
everbody runnin their mouth bout lipper this lipper that ..... what kinda female is it hell she might need some credit cause they are half her not all lipper.
i was thinking same thing. she's being over shadowed and I tend to think the female put more traits than the males do. jmo

Old Post 07-12-2010 07:59 PM
barryg35 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barryg35 Click here to Send barryg35 a Private Message Click Here to Email barryg35 Find more posts by barryg35 Add barryg35 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

I would assume by this time they would know what cross's well with Lipper. The man doing it seems to be well versed in the Lipper blood line. If he put the money out for semen I don't think he would use it on a junk bitch.
I am like you guys though and think the bitch puts just as much in it as the stud. I would say no more no less though.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507

Old Post 07-12-2010 08:39 PM
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

Mother of LIPPER'S IMPACT PUPS

quote:
Originally posted by BAWL_TRACK

Bawl_Track... Anna's pedigree has been posted many times in the past few weeks, but I will tell you this. I have not saved this priceless semen for 26 years to surgically implant it into a brood bitch plug. So here goes about ANNA....First and foremost Anna is all coondog by herself or in company. Her sire is Cowee Creek Clint X a Rock River Frank female. She is a litter mate to the Tremite dog of Richard Turner's. She is a 62lb. Square flat redheaded, blanketbacked, catfooted , tick free female with a huge male dog mouth. She goes hunting hard and fast by herself.
She gives an honest open loud bawl mouth on the track. She runs a coon to catch it has an awesome hair raising locate and is forevermore a LOUD HARD treedog. SOOOO..... gentlemen she will hold up her end of this breeding. These pups should be beautiful and powerhouses. Only 2 days to go till we can hold them in our hands. THANK YOU GOD!!
Tom Hopkins
Hopkins/Lipper

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Old Post 07-12-2010 08:52 PM
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Mother of LIPPER'S IMPACT PUPS

quote:
Originally posted by Hopkins/Lipper
Bawl_Track... Anna's pedigree has been posted many times in the past few weeks, but I will tell you this. I have not saved this priceless semen for 26 years to surgically implant it into a brood bitch plug. So here goes about ANNA....First and foremost Anna is all coondog by herself or in company. Her sire is Cowee Creek Clint X a Rock River Frank female. She is a litter mate to the Tremite dog of Richard Turner's. She is a 62lb. Square flat redheaded, blanketbacked, catfooted , tick free female with a huge male dog mouth. She goes hunting hard and fast by herself.
She gives an honest open loud bawl mouth on the track. She runs a coon to catch it has an awesome hair raising locate and is forevermore a LOUD HARD treedog. SOOOO..... gentlemen she will hold up her end of this breeding. These pups should be beautiful and powerhouses. Only 2 days to go till we can hold them in our hands. THANK YOU GOD!!
Tom Hopkins
Hopkins/Lipper

LMAO

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507

Old Post 07-12-2010 08:56 PM
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

You know if your not impressed with the bloodline of this dog I don't know why you would read this thread but for us antique lovers. The bloodline would be worth a lot just to take a walk behind history and that is what the owners of these pups will get to do. I would love to get in the woods with one when they are old enough to hunt. Even if I am not lucky enough to own one. I think this is something the younger guys wont understand for a long time.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507

Old Post 07-12-2010 09:08 PM
barryg35
UKC Forum Member

i read lots of threads on this board i'm not knocking whats being done. not knocking either dog or the walker breed. i just asked with a breeding of this "magnitude" what % is going to have to be successful in the eyes of those involved?

Old Post 07-12-2010 09:50 PM
barryg35 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barryg35 Click here to Send barryg35 a Private Message Click Here to Email barryg35 Find more posts by barryg35 Add barryg35 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

I don't know about that. I don't worry about what impresses anyone but me. Gave up on trying to impress anyone else a long time ago. LOL

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507

Old Post 07-12-2010 10:22 PM
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

THERE'S A LIPPER TRAIN ACOMIN'

quote:
Originally posted by barryg35
i read lots of threads on this board i'm not knocking whats being done. not knocking either dog or the walker breed. i just asked with a breeding of this "magnitude" what % is going to have to be successful in the eyes of those involved?

Barry...I would have to say that I am as involved in this historic happening as anyone could be after saving this priceless semenfor 26 years. To me at this point, a live litter would not only be a success but a miracle from GOD. I have every confidence that these HOUNDS OF IMPACT will speak for themselves. It will be crucial to get them in the hands of real coonhunters, because they will not be for the lazy or the faint of heart. You better have your boots on tight when cut one loose. Thanks for the question.
Only 1 1/2 days to go.
Tom Hopkins
HJopkins/Lipper

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Old Post 07-12-2010 10:56 PM
barryg35
UKC Forum Member

and good luck with them

Old Post 07-12-2010 10:57 PM
jackbob42
UKC Forum Member

What was the best litter Lipper ever produced?
Who was he bred to , how many pups in the litter , and how many made coon dogs?

BackWoods River Walkers/Beagles
Just all 'round , meat gettin' hounds.

Old Post 07-12-2010 11:15 PM
jackbob42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jackbob42 Click here to Send jackbob42 a Private Message Find more posts by jackbob42 Add jackbob42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Was it the Litter he Sired that Lockdown Lassie was in ??

He was bred to Rocker's Banjo Babe.

Don't know how Many in the litter or how many had Points ??

Sure Wish UKC had a data bank we could look at.

Some other Breedings of Importance

Lipper X Spoon's Sue

Lipper X Hickory Nut Ann

Lipper X Foster's Little Misty

Lipper X Aranosa Creek Rose

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 07-12-2010 at 11:47 PM

Old Post 07-12-2010 11:30 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jackbob42
What was the best litter Lipper ever produced?
Who was he bred to , how many pups in the litter , and how many made coon dogs?

My guess would be the ones that will be born in a day and a half. LOL

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507

Old Post 07-12-2010 11:57 PM