UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > bark collars
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MJRKENNELS
UKC Forum Member

bark collars

will they mess a dog up ?

nitech moe's hardwood stone RIP 8/4/14
moe's hardwood buster
moe's hardwood june
L&R hardwood gun

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2011 05:19 AM
MJRKENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MJRKENNELS Click here to Send MJRKENNELS a Private Message Find more posts by MJRKENNELS Add MJRKENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Muckafoonee
Banned

Mine wear them everyday One won't hunt with a shock collar on at all

all the rest don't seem to care

Old Post 03-28-2011 05:21 AM
Muckafoonee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Muckafoonee Click here to Send Muckafoonee a Private Message Click Here to Email Muckafoonee Find more posts by Muckafoonee Add Muckafoonee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

CHEAP BARK COLLARS THAT FALSE SHOCK WILL CONFUSE THEM,

BUT,, ITS A DIFFERANT PART OF A DOGS BRAIN THAT MAKES IT NUSANCE BARK AND SIGHT BARK THEN THE PART OF ITS BRAIN THAT MAKES IT BARK FROM SMELLING SCENT.

Last edited by toe cutter on 03-28-2011 at 05:39 AM

Old Post 03-28-2011 05:33 AM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

Re: bark collars

quote:
Originally posted by MJRKENNELS
will they mess a dog up ?

If they want to bark at the house I'm gonna mess them up. I just hate that so much. If a dog isn't smart enough to know when its in the pen or out hunting and the difference in barking likely it doesn't have the guts or brains to be a decent dog anyway. Strap on the collar and sleep in peace.

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 03-28-2011 05:28 PM
Ron Ashbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Ashbaugh Click here to Send Ron Ashbaugh a Private Message Find more posts by Ron Ashbaugh Add Ron Ashbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
breezyoaks
UKC Forum Member

BRIAR

If a dog isn't smart enough to know when its in the pen or out hunting and the difference in barking likely it doesn't have the guts or brains to be a decent dog anyway. Strap on the collar and sleep in peace.

AMEN to that

Patrick Barrett

Old Post 03-29-2011 01:40 AM
breezyoaks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for breezyoaks Click here to Send breezyoaks a Private Message Click Here to Email breezyoaks Find more posts by breezyoaks Add breezyoaks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davidlloyd
UKC Forum Member

my dogs where them all the time do to idiot nieghbors who like to complain...... hunt just the same

Old Post 03-29-2011 02:30 AM
davidlloyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davidlloyd Click here to Send davidlloyd a Private Message Click Here to Email davidlloyd Find more posts by davidlloyd Add davidlloyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
intellectualist
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by misupercooner
my dogs where them all the time do to idiot nieghbors who like to complain...... hunt just the same

I would have to believe that if someone allows their dogs to bark to the point that a neighbor is complaining, it is not the neighbor who is the idiot!
I have two hounds in the kennel and I assure you that my dogs will be dealt with before someone has to complain. My neighbor has a part doberman that barks perpetually and he does nothing about it so do not get me started!

Old Post 03-29-2011 02:38 AM
intellectualist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for intellectualist Click here to Send intellectualist a Private Message Click Here to Email intellectualist Find more posts by intellectualist Add intellectualist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davidlloyd
UKC Forum Member

well when im at work all day and thier cat walks back and forth in front of the kennel because he dont feed the cat and it smells my dogs food...and the pups go crazy barking at them..not much i can do about that while at work....

Old Post 03-30-2011 04:11 PM
davidlloyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davidlloyd Click here to Send davidlloyd a Private Message Click Here to Email davidlloyd Find more posts by davidlloyd Add davidlloyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
intellectualist
Banned

quote:
well when im at work all day and thier cat walks back and forth in front of the kennel because he dont feed the cat and it smells my dogs food...and the pups go crazy barking at them..not much i can do about that while at work....

How would you know that if you were at work all day?

Old Post 03-30-2011 09:34 PM
intellectualist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for intellectualist Click here to Send intellectualist a Private Message Click Here to Email intellectualist Find more posts by intellectualist Add intellectualist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by intellectualist
How would you know that if you were at work all day?

lol,thats a good one,,

in a case like that i'd set a live trap and the cat would be at the dogpound or cat heaven

if at the pound they will put it down before the owner knows it gone unless its been chiped..

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 03-31-2011 12:36 AM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davidlloyd
UKC Forum Member

Probaly because i come home everday for my one hour lunch break.... As for the cat lol it is no longer an issue...i just keep the bark collars on the dogs to prevent future issues.....Now back to the op....In my opinion the shock collar you choose is very important because you dont want your dog being shocked when it isnt barking i use sport dogs collar that is triggered by the noise and the vibration causing less unneeded shocks

Old Post 03-31-2011 03:01 AM
intellectualist
Banned

quote:
Probaly because i come home everday for my one hour lunch break.... As for the cat lol it is no longer an issue...i just keep the bark collars on the dogs to prevent future issues.....Now back to the op....In my opinion the shock collar you choose is very important because you dont want your dog being shocked when it isnt barking i use sport dogs collar that is triggered by the noise and the vibration causing less unneeded shocks

Your break has great timing huh?

Old Post 03-31-2011 07:02 AM