UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > My Old Buddy
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

My Old Buddy

When loading up the younger dogs last night, my old buddy frog was standing at the gate wagging her tail. I said sure thing sweetheart. Frog is 11 now and has been hunted her whole life in these rough mountains. She wanted to go so I loaded her up. She had a hard time keeping up with her two pups but her heart just wouldn’t let her quit. At one point she came by me to take a rest and just sit next to me as if to say thanks for bringing me.
So I took this selfie.

Frog and me have spent a lot of time over the years chasing these coons. She is a great dog and companion. I’m looking forward to even more nights to her tagging along. Oh.....it was a good night too, a couple of good chases and some pup training and Frog tasting the reward.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-2020 06:16 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Oh My Goodness

What a GREAT post!!! Memories for a life time.

Randi Bidlack

Old Post 01-18-2020 06:41 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Frog

Awesome job! I'm glad you took the time and carried your ole friend hunting with you, some dogs become more than just dogs they are friends, partners,and hunting buddy's ,I enjoyed your post thank you!

Old Post 01-18-2020 06:45 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Brown
UKC Forum Member

I always take my old dogs hunting some also. They earned their spot even if they are past their prime.

Home of :
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Peggy 4/91-1/02
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Little Peg 6/98-3/08
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Haley 8/02-11/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Taylor 3/05-11/17
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Rotten 10/08-2/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Midge 12/10-1/21
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Jessie 4/14-
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Lilly 5/19-

Old Post 01-18-2020 07:31 PM
Travis Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Brown Click here to Send Travis Brown a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Brown Find more posts by Travis Brown Add Travis Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

What a nice post. Thanks.

Old Post 01-18-2020 08:36 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Pastor Mike

First off great pictures, glad you shared them with the board. You need to hunt her some just by herself, nothing to push her, just you and her making more memories while you can. I buried one of the best ever back in December at age 14, I was still hunting him by himself and treeing coons every night up past age 12 when I retired him. I regret not hunting him the last 2 years as he lived to hunt. Do not let training younger dogs rob you of the pleasure that you can have with your old dog, a couple times a month or so. Dave

Old Post 01-18-2020 08:46 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redneckcoondog
UKC Forum Member

good deal bud

Old Post 01-18-2020 09:53 PM
redneckcoondog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redneckcoondog Click here to Send redneckcoondog a Private Message Click Here to Email redneckcoondog Find more posts by redneckcoondog Add redneckcoondog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redneckcoondog
UKC Forum Member

good deal bud

Old Post 01-18-2020 09:53 PM
redneckcoondog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redneckcoondog Click here to Send redneckcoondog a Private Message Click Here to Email redneckcoondog Find more posts by redneckcoondog Add redneckcoondog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trevorwade09
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for sharing!

Old Post 01-18-2020 11:40 PM
trevorwade09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trevorwade09 Click here to Send trevorwade09 a Private Message Click Here to Email trevorwade09 Find more posts by trevorwade09 Add trevorwade09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Thanks. I will definitely take Frog a few times by herself. She would like that. I'm trying to find a few pics of when she was younger so I can post them. We've traveled all over the country and won with her. She's my buddy. As easy going as they come. I would love to post a video but can't figure that out. Thanks again.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Last edited by Pastor Mike on 01-19-2020 at 04:58 PM

Old Post 01-19-2020 04:52 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Great post!
I hate to see them get old,in my mind they are always young.

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 01-19-2020 06:47 PM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

I drew Pastor Mike and a much younger frog dog when I was a competition greenback in Holmesville, Ohio a few years back. To this day, still one of my favorite casts, and one that the frog dog separated herself from the rest and got the cast win. I’m still grateful we were fortunate to draw you two that night and learn a thing or two

Old Post 01-20-2020 02:39 AM
DCorbin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DCorbin Click here to Send DCorbin a Private Message Find more posts by DCorbin Add DCorbin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DCorbin
I drew Pastor Mike and a much younger frog dog when I was a competition greenback in Holmesville, Ohio a few years back. To this day, still one of my favorite casts, and one that the frog dog separated herself from the rest and got the cast win. I’m still grateful we were fortunate to draw you two that night and learn a thing or two

Thanks Dave. That was a fun cast. I enjoyed it too. Wish more casts were like that one.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 01-21-2020 01:28 PM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

1/22/20

Loaded up frog again tonight. Had a great hunt. She got to help push a rutting boar over 600 yards and put him up. They sure sounded good when they hit the tree. Got one decent pic. After that, we we’re almost back to the truck and struck hot on the leash so I cut them, didn’t go far......ended up 50 yards from the truck. Doesn’t get better than that.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 01-23-2020 04:51 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Nice! Good to see you letting and old dog do what she loves!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-23-2020 05:47 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, you hunt Redbones and tree coons with them?

Old Post 01-23-2020 12:39 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Nice! Good to see you letting and old dog do what she loves!

Thanks Jen. Sorry to hear about Mafia.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 01-24-2020 01:32 PM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, you hunt Redbones and tree coons with them?

Sure do Richard. These reds hunt too. Of course you hunt the same bloodline so you probably already know that....

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 01-24-2020 01:36 PM
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Frog

Great pic thanks for posting is that a son/ daughter of frog treed together? Look like bookends !

Old Post 01-24-2020 01:41 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Looking good Mike! Good to "see" you, keep at it. Send me a video and I'll post it up and a link to it if you'd like. 8282346871

Old Post 01-24-2020 02:14 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Re: Frog

quote:
Originally posted by Cotton 1927
Great pic thanks for posting is that a son/ daughter of frog treed together? Look like bookends !

Hi there. Yes, that is a son of Frog in the pictures, his name is Bull. His tree style is very similar to hers but he moves around a lot more, Frog is happy to just stay in one place on the wood and tree. Thanks for The compliments.

Hey Adam. When I get where I have better signal, I will send you a video. Thanks.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 01-24-2020 06:37 PM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Video

Here is a video from last Friday night after a great chase. Had the meat. I started videoing about 50 yards out as I was walking in to the tree. Enjoy.
Thanks Adam for setting that up for me.

https://youtu.be/YYKYXmZz9Cc

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 01-25-2020 02:43 PM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

My old buddy

Here is a pic of frog when she was a little younger.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 03-23-2020 11:58 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It looks like you were a little younger also.

Old Post 03-24-2020 02:18 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Buddy

Great pic and some of those looked like big coons, thanks for posting

Old Post 03-24-2020 02:21 PM