UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > My Old Buddy
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I have a 10 1/2 yr old plott that I still hunt. She was never a ball of fire but hunting slow is what she's always done. So I'll keep taking her and the other dogs will just have wait for us. Thanks for posting bout your old dog.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-2020 06:01 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Update 12/21/20

I’m sad to say that my old buddy Frog passed this evening. She had kidney/renal failure. It was an emotional decision but the best one. She was a trooper right up to the end and she died in my arms.

I will miss the old girl.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 12-22-2020 12:47 AM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Mike, sorry to hear that she passed on. It is hard to let those good old dogs go. Thanks for sharing some of her last hunts with us.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-22-2020 01:11 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear Mike she was the prettiest hound I've ever seen.

Old Post 12-22-2020 02:26 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I'm sorry to hear about your dog dying. I just lost a kemmer stock cur. She was 10 yrs old. She too died of kidney failure. I nursed her for 8 long months. I syringe fed her 12 syringes full each day and gave her water under her skin for 8 months too. It was pure hell watching her waste away. But I continued to take her hunting, even when she didn't so much as look out the window. So, I know what you must have gone through.

Old Post 12-22-2020 02:56 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

So sorry, Mike.
RIP... Frog 🐾❤️

Old Post 12-22-2020 03:01 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Frog was a true Hound Dog...

Old Post 12-22-2020 03:21 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larry geesling
UKC Forum Member

while reading your post my mind goes back to special ones that I have had the pleasure to own and hunt. they have a special place in life and in my heart.thanks for your post

Old Post 12-22-2020 03:55 PM
larry geesling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larry geesling Click here to Send larry geesling a Private Message Click Here to Email larry geesling Find more posts by larry geesling Add larry geesling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Lash
UKC Forum Member

Frog

Sorry to hear this, they never stick around long enough, I still miss my lost ones. Take care.

Old Post 12-22-2020 08:46 PM
Bill Lash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Lash Click here to Send Bill Lash a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill Lash Find more posts by Bill Lash Add Bill Lash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Re: ..

quote:
Originally posted by larry geesling
while reading your post my mind goes back to special ones that I have had the pleasure to own and hunt. they have a special place in life and in my heart.thanks for your post

X2, We are so fortunate to have owned some very special buddies that we sure miss, but the memories last forever. Dave

Old Post 12-22-2020 08:50 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Frog

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and hunting partner there hard to replace Cotton 1927

Old Post 12-22-2020 10:15 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Frogs last moments.

I didn’t know my wife was taking these pics of our last moments with frog. Thanks everyone.

is there a chase bank near me

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 12-22-2020 10:29 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dennis McCoy
UKC Forum Member

Pastor Mike; Sorry to hear about your loss. It’s tough losing old friends and companions. Dennis

Old Post 12-23-2020 02:43 AM
Dennis McCoy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis McCoy Click here to Send Dennis McCoy a Private Message Click Here to Email Dennis McCoy Find more posts by Dennis McCoy Add Dennis McCoy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
reddog1st
UKC Forum Member

Great

Thank you Sir!!! The world of old school is often forgotten... Thank you for sharing... Taking your old buddies hunting meant the world to them...

It says a lot about you as well!!!!

Old Post 12-23-2020 03:08 AM
reddog1st is offline Click Here to See the Profile for reddog1st Click here to Send reddog1st a Private Message Click Here to Email reddog1st Find more posts by reddog1st Add reddog1st to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
reddog1st
UKC Forum Member

Sorry

I just saw that you lost frog... Thank you for being there for her at the end. God Bless you and her. She knew she was loved.. Memories will not ever be forgotten...

Old Post 12-23-2020 03:13 AM
reddog1st is offline Click Here to See the Profile for reddog1st Click here to Send reddog1st a Private Message Click Here to Email reddog1st Find more posts by reddog1st Add reddog1st to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

I had no intention of tearing up tonight!

Then I saw your wife's pictures she took. Frog's resemblance to Ol' Red makes it even worse.
Here's Red and my granddaughter Addilyn this evening. Frog and Red could have made a great cross!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-23-2020 05:27 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

He’s a handsome one Jen. And what a cutie that Addilyn is. I bet that ole Red and her are inseparable. Great pic Jen.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 12-23-2020 02:38 PM