UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bama Blue Moon Kennels
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Slim-Bird-Son

Wed I hunted Son alone.First cut he failed to strike on river so moved to a feeder where he trailed slowly in a big circle nearly back to where he started.He treed 75yd off road in a gum tree that joined to a water oak with muscadines. I never could find it so I moved to a beaver pond where he struck & went 250yd & treed in a willow on bank of another pond.He had a young coon so I petted him up & made my way to the truck & called it a nite.
Fri Barry & I cut Slim & Son first on Cain Creek where they struck a bad track & worked it 250yd then Slim crossed & came back up the creek 100yd & treed in ahedge thicket. We couldn't see anything.
We moved & cut Bird on a feeder where she treed on a small tree. We led her off & sent her on. She began trailing again & went all around that scope of woods hitting a couple trees. After 11/2 hour she treed in a big tree close to the creek. Barry soon spotted the coon. I am amazed at this pup.
We moved & cut Son where he trailed 250yd & treed in a willow leaning out over the creek.Couldn't see anything. It probably fooled him. Decided to call it a nite . Keep Em Blue!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-21-2019 07:44 PM
Billy Trice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Trice Click here to Send Billy Trice a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy Trice Find more posts by Billy Trice Add Billy Trice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Slim-Bird-Son

I hunted Son alone Wed. First drop on river he smelled one close to truck & trailed 100yd toward river then made circle & headed for the feeder. He stopped 50 yd short of feeder & soon treed on a holler tree. Suprised to see a young coon in first fork. Cut him twice more that he trailed a good way & finaly hit up a few barks but never could lock down. I'd rather a pup quit as to slick tree.
Barry & I hunted Thu along Cain Creek. First drop we cut Slim & Son. They soon hit around a few barks & Son unloaded followed shortly by Slim. We drove within 50yds & walked on in. Son was on a tree on the steep bank & Slim was in creek looking up at coon sitting low in tree Son was on. We led them off & cut on down creek. Went 400yd & struck again. Slim soon treed on a big tree just off creek. We looked but didn't see him so we led dogs a short way & looked back & he was all eyes. We moved & cut on a small creek where Slim treed a big tree but we couldn't see anything. We moved & cut Bird on a feeder where she hit a hot track & went 200yd &nailed a big oak close to field We looked at him & petted her up. Cut Son & Bird on another feeder.They trailed 250yd down creek & turned up a fence line.Went 200yd & Bird teed followed by Son Big den but good job.Good hunt Keep Em Blue!!

Old Post 08-26-2019 06:57 PM
Billy Trice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Trice Click here to Send Billy Trice a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy Trice Find more posts by Billy Trice Add Billy Trice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Son/Bird

Old Post 08-26-2019 07:07 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

slim

Pepper Blackmon hunted Slim in UKC at Hanceville Fri & won his cast
Sat atJasper UKC he got a best of show to finish to show champion then went on to win both casts in the double header. Maybee he is back on the rite track after being sick. He needs 2 more wins to Gr Nt Thanks Pepper
Keep Em Blue!!

Old Post 08-26-2019 07:32 PM
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Bama Blue Moon Slim

Old Post 08-26-2019 10:08 PM
Barry Cordell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Cordell Click here to Send Barry Cordell a Private Message Click Here to Email Barry Cordell Find more posts by Barry Cordell Add Barry Cordell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Son/Bird

Last week I hunted Son Wed. He treed before he got to the feeder & left when I got 20ft away. He moved 30yd & treed again. I looked up in first fork where he left & there sat a kitten. Wasn't too happy but after waiting a few minutes I went over & leashed him up & looked up at another coon. Next turn he struck cold & crossed road trailing300yd getting close to a house so I toned him in & called it a nite.
Fri Barry & I hunted Son & Bird. First cut they hit a hot track 200yd & Bird treed with a coon . Son never treed. He's realy having a problem if something else gets the tree. Next track they worked a good while but couldn't do much with it.
Sat I hunted Son alone he hit one & trailed 400yd & went in a creek bank. Cut him twice more but couldn't get after anything. Barry had his grands early but took Bird late.She made 2 trees & had both. She's making it real hard on Son & me. Barry & I have been partners a long time but it's still fun to compete. Keep Em Blue!!!

Old Post 09-05-2019 09:09 PM
G. JEFFERS
UKC Forum Member

Bird

I’ve been keeping up with this thread and that little female is unreal. I have one off Bocephus x Grits that was also a natural started treeing coon from the get go as a puppy. He’s about 14 mo old. Good luck with her and the rest of your hounds guys.

https://flic.kr/p/2hbppkA

https://flic.kr/p/2hbu4Vv

Jeffers' Bear Creek Big T (CH GRNITECH Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus X GRNITECH CH Koon Krossin Rambo’s Blue Gritts)

And always looking for a better one

Last edited by G. JEFFERS on 09-06-2019 at 06:55 PM

Old Post 09-06-2019 02:02 PM
G. JEFFERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G. JEFFERS Click here to Send G. JEFFERS a Private Message Click Here to Email G. JEFFERS Find more posts by G. JEFFERS Add G. JEFFERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KoonKrossin
UKC Forum Member

George that male they call slim is the first out of grits same results thanks for posting the video he has a come get me locate I really like it

Old Post 09-06-2019 04:35 PM
KoonKrossin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KoonKrossin Click here to Send KoonKrossin a Private Message Click Here to Email KoonKrossin Find more posts by KoonKrossin Add KoonKrossin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G. JEFFERS
UKC Forum Member

Grits

One thing is for sure Ms. Grits is a reproducer!!!

I’d like to see some videos of these hounds!! If U guys have any u can text them to me. 304-634-8774 Thanks

Jeffers' Bear Creek Big T (CH GRNITECH Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus X GRNITECH CH Koon Krossin Rambo’s Blue Gritts)

And always looking for a better one

Last edited by G. JEFFERS on 09-06-2019 at 07:02 PM

Old Post 09-06-2019 04:59 PM
G. JEFFERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G. JEFFERS Click here to Send G. JEFFERS a Private Message Click Here to Email G. JEFFERS Find more posts by G. JEFFERS Add G. JEFFERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K Tate
UKC Forum Member

Grits

I think Grits could be bred to a goat and you would have good coondogs that give milk!
She’s no doubt a great reproducer!

Old Post 09-06-2019 07:01 PM
K Tate is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K Tate Click here to Send K Tate a Private Message Find more posts by K Tate Add K Tate to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Slim

Pepper Blackmon and Slim are in Illinois going to try their luck in the super stakes good luck to both of them

Old Post 09-23-2019 05:02 PM
Barry Cordell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Cordell Click here to Send Barry Cordell a Private Message Click Here to Email Barry Cordell Find more posts by Barry Cordell Add Barry Cordell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Bird

I have enjoyed reading about your Floyd female getting it done. Good luck with her in the future. She sure sounds like a nice one.

Take Care,
Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 09-29-2019 06:11 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Bird

Thanks Scott I’m really liking her right now but she just about 9 months old things can change I hope not

Old Post 09-30-2019 04:35 PM
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Bird

Hunted Bird 3 nights this weekend had a rough time made 7 trees just seen 1 Coon most was big water oaks and bright moon couldn’t get them to look may not have been there but still happy with her just turned 9 months old

Old Post 10-15-2019 08:19 PM
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Bird

Bird got under one tonight

Old Post 10-17-2019 03:00 AM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Slim-Bird-Son

I've been out of commission for a while with some family sickness for onver a month then the drought was too bad to hunt pups. Last couple weeks we been trying to get Son & Bird back on track but its been slow with coon layed up feeding on acorns not stirring on ground much.I've also got back a littermate to Son from Donnie Russell who has been fighting cancer & unable to hunt. He's got great looks & a good mouth so I'm going to be spending the next couple weeks checking him out
Slim got his last win Fri at Hanceville finishing him to Grand Nite . Thanks go to Pepper Blackmon for handling him in most of the hunts. We just bred Slim to our Babe female & will be breeding a female of Peppers in a few days. Should have pups after the first of the year. Keep Em Blue !!!

Old Post 11-04-2019 08:58 PM
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

GrNiteCh Ch’prBama Blue Moon Slim

Old Post 11-04-2019 11:48 PM
KoonKrossin
UKC Forum Member

Nitech Ch 'pr' Bama Blue Kid is back home finally going to be finishing him this year and maybe put him in some bigger hunts

Old Post 11-08-2019 01:32 AM
KoonKrossin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KoonKrossin Click here to Send KoonKrossin a Private Message Click Here to Email KoonKrossin Find more posts by KoonKrossin Add KoonKrossin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Kid

Is one of the best I’ve walked behind. I hope Slim can fill his shoes. I’d like to thank Barry and Billy for selling me Slim and thank you Chris for all your help. Take care of Kid.

Old Post 11-08-2019 02:07 AM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Bob

I sure hope Slim works out for you. I’m glad to have Kid back home I regretted letting him leave here but glad you got to enjoy him for a while. Maybe we can get a few nice pups from him and do a little winning with him. Good luck with Slim

Old Post 11-10-2019 03:28 PM
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Kid

Old Post 11-10-2019 03:36 PM
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Slim and Big Nasty

Bama Blue Moon Slim and Pup from Bama Blue Kid and Bama Blue Moon Babe first cross 11 months old more to come

Old Post 11-28-2019 03:36 PM
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Bama Blue Moon Bird

Bird 10 months old Pink Floyd and Grits

Old Post 11-28-2019 03:44 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Kid-Kid 2(Son)-Bird-Babe

We've made some changes since my last post. Bred Babe to Slim & she's beginning to show. Should have pups around Jan 1 Will be UKC performance & PKC reg.
We made a deal with long time freind Bob Turnbow sending GrNt Ch Ch Bama Blue Moon Slim to Tn & bringing Ch Nt Ch Bama Blue Kid back home. Pepper will be hunting Kid to finish to Gr Nt Already won 2 cast & only lacks 2 wins.
About a month ago I made a bad mistake & priced Son & let him lay up for the last month while I waited for him to come pick Son up & the man finaly called Fri to say he wouldn't be able to take him. Boy was I happy. I'd been wanting to back out for the last 2 weeks.
I've been hunting another pup 20 nites & things haven't worked out too well. Keep Em Blue!!!

Old Post 12-02-2019 08:30 PM
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Son

Bama Blue Kid x Bama Blue Moon Babe

Old Post 12-05-2019 09:30 PM