UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > TT15 collar problem, Bruce?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

TT15 collar problem, Bruce?

Twice now my TT15 collar has lost GPS connection while hunting. Not temporarily but simply looses GPS signal. Still have communication. After I catch the dog the collar will be blinking steady green, not the 2 or 3 flashes it does when connected. I turn it off and back on and it connects and works the rest of the night. I did put a new antenna on it. Any suggestions?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-10-2019 08:03 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Anybody, Any Ideas?

Old Post 11-12-2019 01:22 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tom that is a complicated issue. Most of the time if you figure out the problem. Calling Garmin and sending it in, is the answer. You might try doing a master resent and then upgrading it. If that doesnt work. Call Garmin.

Old Post 11-12-2019 12:49 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Thanks, I have to go to someone else to do the update as I have a Mac. Will do the master reset.

Old Post 11-12-2019 03:16 PM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Did a master reset and don't have the problem of loosing connection and it staying off till I catch the dog and turn the collar off then on like it was but now it looses connection sometimes at 3-500 yards. May just be a few seconds or maybe a minute or two. Would this be the antenna?

Old Post 11-27-2019 03:13 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Very well could be the vhf antenna. The problem is when one of many electronic components start to fail this could also be the issue. There is no way of proving what it is. You just have to go through the logical steps of what you can control. Which is master reset and updating. Vhf antenna connection. When this happens you can also look at the information page for that collar and see if either the gps or vhf signal is the problem.

Old Post 11-27-2019 01:04 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Bruce just for my edification (and others) The long antenna on the collar is how my handheld connects with the collar? And the gps box on the collar is what connects with the satellite? If that's right then when my handheld shows lost connection it could either be between the collar and my handheld or between the collar and the satellite? In this instance when I have no connection I still have communication with the collar, can tone or correct.

Old Post 11-27-2019 02:54 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Yes that is correct. Unfortunately when you loose gps signal that is hard for the individual to fix. Most common problem on older problems is the rubber connector between the gps antenna and battery box cracks right at the battery box housing. Then the wire imbedded in the rubber cracks. That is the one physical isse you can see. Anyway the best repair for that concern is. Return under warranty. Out of warranty you can send to garmin for exchange. Cost is about $135

Old Post 11-27-2019 03:27 PM