UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Vaughn Blood Fanciers
Pages (75): « First ... « 59 60 [61] 62 63 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

Devin most of these guys can give you way more info than I can.

After spending some time listening to a few fellers I have come to the conclusion that the breeding between Vaughns Ark Blue II and Vaughns Blue Fly was one of the most influential breedings in Bluetick history. Both Blue II and Blue Fly were from Jocassee Valley breedings. The Jocassee carried heavy in the old Galoway blood.

When one hears of Bragg, Sebastian and Dean... The Blue II and Blue Fly dog should most certainly be talked about.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-10-2011 05:12 AM
Kris Cisna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kris Cisna Click here to Send Kris Cisna a Private Message Click Here to Email Kris Cisna Find more posts by Kris Cisna Add Kris Cisna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kenfischer
UKC Forum Member

kris your male is loaded up with blue II and fly in him, not to mention elberts bawler dog too.

Old Post 12-10-2011 08:31 PM
kenfischer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kenfischer Click here to Send kenfischer a Private Message Click Here to Email kenfischer Find more posts by kenfischer Add kenfischer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

If memory serves me correct, Bawler and Blue Jack were what Elbert was using for main stud dogs in the middle 60's.
Spook is a cross of the 2.

I think the Fly and Blue II dogs were bred together in the early 50's.

I'm working on getting a digital voice recorder so when I go see Jim and my Uncle I can remember what they said lol!

Old Post 12-10-2011 11:57 PM
Kris Cisna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kris Cisna Click here to Send Kris Cisna a Private Message Click Here to Email Kris Cisna Find more posts by Kris Cisna Add Kris Cisna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

Hey KF

How is Dixie doing?

Ope just left here. He took John Henry and Buck out. John Henry stuck out a tough track and came treed with Buck. If the wife wasn't down with the flu I would have had some pictures but I stayed home with the baby.

Old Post 12-13-2011 04:51 AM
kenfischer
UKC Forum Member

i havent had her out in a few weeks.she had a seizure a week ago and has recovered real good.she is one nice female.

Last edited by kenfischer on 12-19-2011 at 07:51 PM

Old Post 12-13-2011 09:49 PM
kenfischer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kenfischer Click here to Send kenfischer a Private Message Click Here to Email kenfischer Find more posts by kenfischer Add kenfischer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

btt

Ken F.. I had a gyp prone to seizures way back when.. she was a grand daughter to Vaughn's Bawler..

Old Post 12-23-2011 01:07 PM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenbev
UKC Forum Member

Blue dDogs

We are still alive and well here at Blue Dog Blue Kennels.. Trying to stay warn and dry through the Winter...

Old Post 01-06-2012 07:59 PM
Kenbev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenbev Click here to Send Kenbev a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenbev Find more posts by Kenbev Add Kenbev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

It was dang near 60 here today. We took Fly and Grit out. Made a few dens and saw 2 coon. Took Spook and Coal out night before last and saw 2 den trees. This warm weather sure is plum silly for January.

Either Ken, who is the Coal dog out of that Jim now owns? JT said he can't remember which of you bred him. I think he is a year or so old. Good looking black dog!

Old Post 01-07-2012 06:25 AM
Kenbev
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by techno
Either Ken, who is the Coal dog out of that Jim now owns? JT said he can't remember which of you bred him. I think he is a year or so old. Good looking black dog! [/B]

It possibly came from me. Jim has several pups and young dogs that came from here...

Old Post 01-07-2012 01:25 PM
Kenbev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenbev Click here to Send Kenbev a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenbev Find more posts by Kenbev Add Kenbev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kenfischer
UKC Forum Member

he is out of stigers blue chip x vaughns shady lady

Old Post 01-07-2012 02:13 PM
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

Now boys help me out. Tight breeding practices are looked at as a bad idea am I correct?

The topside of Shady Lady has a half brother/sister breeding. Is that not a bad idea?

Old Post 01-08-2012 02:56 AM
Kenbev
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by techno
Now boys help me out. Tight breeding practices are looked at as a bad idea am I correct?

The topside of Shady Lady has a half brother/sister breeding. Is that not a bad idea?

Not necessarily, UKC considers this line breeding and not inbreeding. When you have two dogs that have the traits that you want to double up on and they have the traits of the same ancester, (sire or dam). You will have a better chance of throwing it in the pups. I have made a few half brother/sister crosses. Most have turned out good. One was NOT so good. I prefer to make uncle/neice or grandfather/grandaughter crosses. One of the best crosses that I ever made was a aunt/nephew cross. I have made several good crosses where the sire and dam had a simular grandparent. I will tell you this about Shady Lady and others that have hunted, boarded, and bred her will say the same. WE NEED A BUNCH MORE LIKE HER in the breed...

Old Post 01-08-2012 11:55 AM
kenfischer
UKC Forum Member

shady lady is bred heavier on elberts buck dogs so the best thing for us to do with her is breed her to a male that heavier bred on elberts mack dog which is what we will be doing.kris, go talk to jim and pick his brain on these vaughn blooded dogs.there isnt too many dogs alive that have more vaughn blood than ol' shady lady.

Last edited by kenfischer on 01-08-2012 at 06:04 PM

Old Post 01-08-2012 03:34 PM
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

Kris

Ken and Ken got it right, stack up a superior reproducer and COONDOG to continue to get superior dogs and improve upon them with others of the same type crosses... Dedicated breeders in all dog breeds and other livestock have done this successfully for eons... Look at Dave Dean, 50 years and 27 generations of line breeding and at times inbreeding when needed. Who did it all begin with ??? None other than Elbert Vaughn with some help of Julius Sebastian...

Old Post 01-08-2012 03:48 PM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kenfischer
UKC Forum Member

wayne your right with who it started with along with the help of grover hyde and the joccasse valley dogs , elbert set his foundation in stone for the bluetick breed.today most vaughn blooded dogs are mostly buck or mack bred but when you mix the 2 strains its usually something really special.a cross was made last year that has turned out to be really incredible.alot of old traits came out in this litter like the old vaughns bawler coloring and open blaze and pure natural abillity.i personally know of 1 pup out of this cross that has only been to the woods twice and has ran and treed both times out with the old dogs and had the coon.she has never been worked with at all in any way, just plain old natural abillity bred in.ive seen all the pups in this litter and they look like a vaughn blooded bluetick should and sound.

Old Post 01-08-2012 06:16 PM
Kenbev
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: CoolWater Blueticks

quote:
Originally posted by kenfischer
little joe is by stigers blue john and stigers blue jewel and anna mae is by plummers vaughn blue rebel and plummers vaughn blue fly.both are just over a year old and are well started .neither are for sale.

I just needed to look this up...

Old Post 01-18-2012 06:59 PM
kenfischer
UKC Forum Member

ken, im hoping to breed anna mae to a male out of coolwater blue boomer II x coolwater blue molly this spring.there might be a little vaughn blood in that cross...

Old Post 01-18-2012 08:03 PM
Kenbev
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by kenfischer
ken, im hoping to breed anna mae to a male out of coolwater blue boomer II x coolwater blue molly this spring.there might be a little vaughn blood in that cross...

If she has too many pups, you can send a female down this way...LOL....

Old Post 01-18-2012 08:08 PM
kenfischer
UKC Forum Member

with this blood, these dogs know their way down to clay county. if i get a black , and i mean REAL black, pup it may find its way about a hour south of you to another ken! i also know of a flatlander who may want a few of these.

Old Post 01-18-2012 08:42 PM
kengregory
UKC Forum Member

I do like 'um black, Mr. Fischer!!!! LOL...... Did Adkins send you the message about the Rock pup?

Old Post 01-18-2012 10:30 PM
kengregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kengregory Click here to Send kengregory a Private Message Find more posts by kengregory Add kengregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kenfischer
UKC Forum Member

oh yes i got it! im glad he is doing so good.

Old Post 01-18-2012 11:00 PM
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

Had a great hunt tonight. Jim and JT picked me up and we turned Buck, Janie and John Henry loose. Saw 6 coons and had a plum good night. John Henry Sure has come along pretty good since the first time JT and I turned him out in Nov.

Here is the only picture I took tonight. John Henry is on the tree and Buck is to the left. Janie was behind the tree.

I am really glad to have met both Jim and JT. I have learned ALOT in the short time I have known them!!

Old Post 01-19-2012 03:57 AM
kenfischer
UKC Forum Member

man alive , those 3 dogs look familiar...

Old Post 01-19-2012 09:03 PM
kenfischer
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pedigree

quote:
Originally posted by Kenbev i just thought this pedigree was pretty enough to get brought back up and viewed again.
All of you Vaughn Blood Fanciers give me you opinion of this pedigree. She is the only one in the world. I raised her on the bottle...

………………………..………………………………..Vaughns Blue Bob
…………………………………..………………Vaughns Carolina Blue Bubba
…………………………………………………………Vaughns Blue Roxie
……………………………...........Vaughns Blue Dog Billy
..……………………………………………………….Vaughns Miners Blue Buck
………………………………….………………Vaughns Misty Blue Belle
..………………………….……………………………Vaughns Blue Josie
……………………Vaughns Blue Dog Billy II
..………………………………………………………..Beaver Run Mistys Mack
…………………………………………………Gibsons Buffalo Crk Smoke IV
………………………………………………………...Coppages Deep Run Blue Baldi
……………………………..........Buffalo Creek Blue Sis Queen
……………………………..…………………………Hillbilly Blue Banner
……………………………………..…………Gibsons Sissy
……………………………..…………………………Gibsons Molly II
…..Vaughns Blue Dog Billy III
………………………………………………………..Adkins Blue Dog Blue V
……………………………………….............Adkins Blue Dog Blue VI
………………………………………………………...Braggs Blue Sussie II
…………………………….......Adkins Blue Dog Blue VII
………………………………………………………...Blue Dog Vaughns Blue Buck IV
……………………………………….............Adkins Blue Dog Sassy
………………………………………………………..Adkins Blue Dog Vonnie III
………………...Vaughns Blue Dog Pearl
………………………………………………………..Vaughns Blue Mack II
…………………………………….………...Vaughns Blue Little Mack
………………………………………………………..Vaughns Blue Susie III
…………………………….….Frye’s Arkansas Blue Belle
………………………………………………………..Ch Deep South Rebel Yell
………………………………...............Vaughns Blue Music
………………………………………………………..Deep South Blue Fly

Adkins Blue Dog Little Brichiz (DOB 12-10-07)

……………………………………………………….Rogers Little Mack
…………………………………………….Flinthills Little Bit
………………………………………………………Watsons Blue Maggie
………………………………Thomas SteelBlue Kybo
………………………………………………………Skinners Blue Rattler Jr
……………………………………………Flinthills Blue Polly
………………………………………………………Flinthills Blue Molly
…………………Thomas SteelBlue Blaze
………………………………………………………Vaughns Blue Mack II
……………………………………………Bounty Hunter Mack
………………………………………………………Current River Katie
…………………………….Stigers Blue Bert.
……………………………………………………...Smokey River GRV Blitz ?
……………………………………………Stigers Blue Edna
……………………………………………………...Dickens Blue Fannie ?
…..Adkins Blue Dog Fly
……………………………………………………..Morrisons Bumper
……………………………………………Rogers Blue Doc
……………………………………………………..Rogers Blue Daisy
……………………………Thomas SteelBlue Fire
…………………………………………………….Skinners Blue Rattler
……………………………………………Rogers Blue Dixie
……………………………………………………Thomas SteelBlue Bandit
………………..McDonalds Illinois Blue Fly
……………………………………………………Bloxhams Owl Cr Money
……………………………………………Bloxhams Owl Cr Zoom
……………………………………………………Strouts Hard Luck Jennie
…………………………..Newmans Southern Blue Daisy
……………………………………………………Harpers Blue Sand Bone
……………………………………………Bloxhams Owl Cr Lady
……………………………………………………Perrys Blue Gayle

Old Post 01-28-2012 03:24 PM
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

Here is one for you boys...

Who is this feller and what dog is he showing???

Old Post 02-04-2012 05:43 AM