UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > blue dogs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
blueme
UKC Forum Member

blue dogs

have any of you walker guys hunted with a nice bluetick . Would ask on the bluetick page, but i know they all have great dogs. Just wantin to see if any blue dogs are good enogh for you all to say?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2017 05:30 PM
blueme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueme Click here to Send blueme a Private Message Find more posts by blueme Add blueme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOnlyWright
UKC Forum Member

I have only hunted with one and it was a good dog. I'm only 23 but I have hunted more than most guys my age and older. The dog was about 6 foot when standing on a tree and had a really low ball mouth on track and a low bawl chop on tree. He would hunt out as far as needed. My buddy hunted him as I hunted a plot hound I had. He only ran a deer once but after my buddy cracked him over the head with a stick he no longer wanted anything to do with deer. He later died from what my buddy said was an exploded heart due to his size, apparently the vet told him that. I'm not saying that isn't true but he is known to tell a white lie everynow and then. Now if you don't know the difference in breeds, people use Walkers because they are a more of a faster paced, hot track dog. You will most likely kill more coons per night with a walker than with a bluetick due to the fact that blueticks along with other hounds such as a Black and Tan or Redbone are a cold nose dog. They can be on a track ALL night and just tree one coon, but they will stay on that same track most of the time until they find that one coon. I have hunted almost every breed, Mountain Curs, Blues, Black and Tans, Plotts, and now Walkers. Hell my grandpa eve has a Lab that with enough encouragement will bark up a tree but will not hesitate to tear into a coon. Now back on to the Blueticks. They would make for a good dog if 1: you're old and aren't as frisky as you use to be, 2: If you're hunting with kids, because they will get tired and start dragging their feet pulling an all nighter, or 3: If you are in an area where Coons are thin. Now I'm sure the older gentlemen on this website will poke holes into what I said but oh well, life rolls on.

Old Post 01-30-2017 07:59 PM
TheOnlyWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOnlyWright Click here to Send TheOnlyWright a Private Message Click Here to Email TheOnlyWright Find more posts by TheOnlyWright Add TheOnlyWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Blue

I have to say I have owned blue ticks for over 40 years and never had to settle for what you just described. You are very welcome to come on over to hunt with blue dogs we hunt and then tell the world what you saw. Ron Jackson

Old Post 02-01-2017 12:00 AM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoondogUp
UKC Forum Member

GRNITECH Herron's Lockdown Bad Ace

GRNITECH Herron's Lockdown Bad Ace is the right kind. I am a Walker guy, but I have seen Ace look extremely good. He hunts more like a Walker, gets by himself, doesn't get in trouble and most importantly he has those coons. Mike Herron and Craig Cooper are top notch and will got he extra mile to help out if you are looking to bred a nice female. Hope this helps... good luck.

HOME OF:

RIP: GRCH GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER (SKIPPER X UNFORGIVENS PAIGE) Frozen Semen Available

RIP: GRNITECH 'PR' IOWA STYLE EXTREME LIZZY (GCH GRNITECH Bear Creek Hanna daughter)

GRWCH GRNITECH GRCH Belly Buster (Drifter x Half Breed Joey)

GRNITECH GRCH Iowa Style Wild Storm (Big D & 6 shots of Clover)

Old Post 02-01-2017 10:04 PM
CoondogUp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CoondogUp Click here to Send CoondogUp a Private Message Click Here to Email CoondogUp Find more posts by CoondogUp Add CoondogUp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote