UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > dog box mats bedding etc.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
coonsmen
UKC Forum Member

dog box mats bedding etc.

what do you guys use in your dog boxes for summer and winter?
I have tried straw for the winter but it is a pain to clean out and when it gets wet, it stays wet for a while.

I also had a set of mats I bought at walker days 6-7 years ago but they only lasted about two years before they needed pitched from rips etc.

I just purchased a new Owens box and without something in the bottom, my dogs are sliding around a lot and when the dogs are wet the water that drains off of them has nowhere to go so it just puddles.

thanks
Jeff S.

Last edited by coonsmen on 03-27-2015 at 10:31 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-27-2015 10:29 PM
coonsmen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonsmen Click here to Send coonsmen a Private Message Click Here to Email coonsmen Find more posts by coonsmen Add coonsmen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimbob_walker
UKC Forum Member

I went to tractor supply and got rubber mat that they cut off a big roll. I just cut to size. That's all I use for summer and winter. I got box pads that I use when I go to hunts far away so they have something comfortable to lay on.

Old Post 03-27-2015 11:13 PM
jimbob_walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimbob_walker Click here to Send jimbob_walker a Private Message Click Here to Email jimbob_walker Find more posts by jimbob_walker Add jimbob_walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Pads.

Old Post 03-27-2015 11:34 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldblueboy706
UKC Forum Member

Horse mat cut to fit and cedar shavings. I replace the shavings every few weeks and just spray the mats off.

Old Post 03-27-2015 11:43 PM
oldblueboy706 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldblueboy706 Click here to Send oldblueboy706 a Private Message Click Here to Email oldblueboy706 Find more posts by oldblueboy706 Add oldblueboy706 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonsmen
UKC Forum Member

Ga dawg. Are there pad that will last?

Old Post 03-28-2015 12:33 AM
coonsmen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonsmen Click here to Send coonsmen a Private Message Click Here to Email coonsmen Find more posts by coonsmen Add coonsmen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by coonsmen
Ga dawg. Are there pad that will last?
First ones I ever owned were real good. Made with some kinda special material. I had them for yrs and yrs and yrs. Swapped truck sizes and sold em with box. Bad thing is I cant rememeber where I got them I have a set now that seem to be good but Ive not had them long. The water proof ones feel tougher to me so thats what Ive always got. These new ones do not seem as tough as those old ones though. I had dogs gnaw em and scratch them all the time. Never once made a mark on them. These new ones. In one month my pup had gnawed a place on one of the seems. So I had to turn it over.

Old Post 03-28-2015 12:53 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Laura Bell
UKC Forum Member

Carpet. I use pieces of carpet cut to size. Cushy and if you need to clean it just pull it out and hose it off.

Old Post 03-30-2015 01:07 PM
Laura Bell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Laura Bell Click here to Send Laura Bell a Private Message Click Here to Email Laura Bell Find more posts by Laura Bell Add Laura Bell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neckbacker
UKC Forum Member

I Use cow mats and straw

Old Post 03-30-2015 01:10 PM
neckbacker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for neckbacker Click here to Send neckbacker a Private Message Click Here to Email neckbacker Find more posts by neckbacker Add neckbacker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Pine shavings, I like them better then straw, because for me there easy to clean out. I just use a flat shovel. That being said there still a pain, and I would like to find pads.

Old Post 03-30-2015 02:06 PM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote