UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Mushrooms
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Mushrooms

well sombody said the mushrooms are up I am off work today so me and my 6 month old puppy are going to go check out some old spots sure hope them squirles leave us alone might have to shoot one to put in some gravy !!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-27-2015 01:42 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

That's good to hear, I've been waiting since last year. We found ginseng and a lot of mushrooms last spring and fall. Hopefully the new property is good to us again this year.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 03-27-2015 02:06 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackflagginit
UKC Forum Member

I haven't seen any yet, but we just got quite a bit of rain so 1 or 2 warm nights and :P

*billy jack

It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it.

Robert E. Lee

Old Post 03-27-2015 03:44 PM
blackflagginit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackflagginit Click here to Send blackflagginit a Private Message Click Here to Email blackflagginit Find more posts by blackflagginit Add blackflagginit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Got enough for dinner a little small yet need some warm days some of my spots they weren't up yet

Old Post 03-27-2015 05:07 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

We got the rain, but I ain't seen the warm days yet lol

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

(Sweat It X Janey)

(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 03-27-2015 05:11 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Got enough for dinner a little small yet need some warm days some of my spots they weren't up yet

Are you in Ohio?

Old Post 03-27-2015 05:11 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Oklahoma

Old Post 03-27-2015 05:14 PM
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Oklahoma

That explains it you'd be allot warmer there. I don't think even the black morels are up yet here in PA.

Old Post 03-27-2015 05:38 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

That's what we got these could of used a couple more days but if you leave them very long the wild hogs will get them .

Old Post 03-28-2015 12:22 AM
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

just got a fresh inch of snow here, and down to 11 last night, doubt any mushrooms will be up anytime soon here.

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 03-28-2015 03:31 PM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Thawed out a squirrel had from last fall fried it and the mushrooms sure was good ! Old man told me two years ago how he cooked squirrels boil in water till almost ready to come off the bone ( old squirrels) dry on a paper towel dip in pancake batter deep fry it best I ever ate !!!!! Works for me because my eyes aren't good enough to tell the difference between an old one and young one any more lol

Old Post 03-28-2015 03:50 PM
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

You guys have any pics of the mushrooms your harvesting? Never done this before, but I like mushrooms. Just don't want to pick something bad.

Home of:
UKC DUAL GR CH PKC CH CHKC Money Winner ALL GRAND YOGI (GR NITE CH MOORE'S HARDTIME ALL GRAND HORN x DUAL GR CH ENGLISHPRIDE'S LITTLE LIZ) 2017 UKC Performance and PKC Super Stakes Sire

UKC DUAL GR CH TREE ROCKN NELLY (DUAL GR CH PKC GOLD CH MAIN STREET ROY X GR NITE CH PKC CH INDIAN RIDGE CINDY) Littermate sister to 2013 UKC WORLD CH GR NITE CH MAIN STREET JOHN THE BAPTIST

PLUS POINT ZINGO (DUAL GRAND CH '98 ENGLISH HALL OF FAME WILCOX THUNDER BINGO semen X CH NITE CH CLONES FRONT PAGE) The only living direct son of Bingo alive today!

Gone but not forgotten:

UKC GR NITE CH PKC CH PLUS POINT BLUE BOY BRUISER (66 "canes" stored at OnceFrozen) Direct son of DUAL GR CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK CADILLAC JACK x CH GR NITE CH '95 UKC World Hunt High Scoring English Female WELLS' LITTLE PATCH

CH GR NITE CH WELLS' LITTLE PATCH (High Scoring English Female 1995 UKC World Hunt) Direct Daughter of GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH DARON'S BLUE REB (LUMIS) x GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH ACHA WORLD CH BUFFALO CREEK PATCH

GR NITE CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK MISSY II (Sister to Dual Grand Clear Creek Cadillac Jack and mother of ACHA World Champion PKC Silver CH Raef's Dollar Bill)

Old Post 03-28-2015 03:58 PM
Okie Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Hunter Click here to Send Okie Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Hunter Find more posts by Okie Hunter Add Okie Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Look up morrals mushrooms the look almost like a sponge they like old dead ceder and elm trees if your getting in a spot where your seeing a lot of toad stools and green moss your getting close .

Old Post 03-28-2015 04:06 PM
muleman232
UKC Forum Member

Mushrooms

We had ice on the water buckets here this morning . We won't have mushrooms here for awhile . Probably late April , mushrooms and garden vegetables are the only things I like about warmer weather .

Old Post 03-28-2015 04:17 PM
muleman232 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for muleman232 Click here to Send muleman232 a Private Message Click Here to Email muleman232 Find more posts by muleman232 Add muleman232 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

I find majority of mine under or close to ash trees.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

(Sweat It X Janey)

(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 03-28-2015 04:22 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I got kind of a bucket list of stuff I like to eat in the spring fried swamp rabbit and Polk salad and fresh slab crappies next !!!

Old Post 03-28-2015 04:28 PM
oklared
UKC Forum Member

ANYONE FOUND ANY IN N. OKLA.

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 03-29-2015 03:00 AM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackflagginit
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Okie Hunter
You guys have any pics of the mushrooms your harvesting? Never done this before, but I like mushrooms. Just don't want to pick something bad.

freddy, just hop over the line to my house in a cpl weeks or so and I will show you what ones are safe and where to look.

*billy jack

Robert E. Lee

Old Post 03-29-2015 03:09 AM
blackflagginit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackflagginit Click here to Send blackflagginit a Private Message Click Here to Email blackflagginit Find more posts by blackflagginit Add blackflagginit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackflagginit
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Look up morrals mushrooms the look almost like a sponge they like old dead ceder and elm trees if your getting in a spot where your seeing a lot of toad stools and green moss your getting close .

that's it right there

also look around mayflowers when you find them.

*billy jack

Robert E. Lee

Old Post 03-29-2015 03:10 AM
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by blackflagginit
freddy, just hop over the line to my house in a cpl weeks or so and I will show you what ones are safe and where to look.

Sounds like a plan. I will get in touch. Always wanted to hunt them, but never have.

Home of:
UKC DUAL GR CH PKC CH CHKC Money Winner ALL GRAND YOGI (GR NITE CH MOORE'S HARDTIME ALL GRAND HORN x DUAL GR CH ENGLISHPRIDE'S LITTLE LIZ) 2017 UKC Performance and PKC Super Stakes Sire

UKC DUAL GR CH TREE ROCKN NELLY (DUAL GR CH PKC GOLD CH MAIN STREET ROY X GR NITE CH PKC CH INDIAN RIDGE CINDY) Littermate sister to 2013 UKC WORLD CH GR NITE CH MAIN STREET JOHN THE BAPTIST

PLUS POINT ZINGO (DUAL GRAND CH '98 ENGLISH HALL OF FAME WILCOX THUNDER BINGO semen X CH NITE CH CLONES FRONT PAGE) The only living direct son of Bingo alive today!

Gone but not forgotten:

UKC GR NITE CH PKC CH PLUS POINT BLUE BOY BRUISER (66 "canes" stored at OnceFrozen) Direct son of DUAL GR CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK CADILLAC JACK x CH GR NITE CH '95 UKC World Hunt High Scoring English Female WELLS' LITTLE PATCH

CH GR NITE CH WELLS' LITTLE PATCH (High Scoring English Female 1995 UKC World Hunt) Direct Daughter of GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH DARON'S BLUE REB (LUMIS) x GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH ACHA WORLD CH BUFFALO CREEK PATCH

GR NITE CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK MISSY II (Sister to Dual Grand Clear Creek Cadillac Jack and mother of ACHA World Champion PKC Silver CH Raef's Dollar Bill)

Old Post 03-30-2015 09:40 PM
Okie Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Hunter Click here to Send Okie Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Hunter Find more posts by Okie Hunter Add Okie Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote