UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > pa sb373 pa anti tethering bill
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

pa sb373 pa anti tethering bill

pa sb373 anti tethering bill just read a post on facebook asking for support ! NO WAY AND MINE ARE IN KENNELS ! IF YOU LIVE IN PA PLEASE CALL YOUR REPRESENTIVES AND TELL THEM TO VOTE NO ON SB373 !

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-22-2015 06:20 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-23-2015 12:58 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerman75
UKC Forum Member

ive looked where can i find this bill at

GRNITE CH GRFCH GRCH'PR' ALL GRAND HARRYS MAN HTX 2 [walker]

GRCH FCH WCH PR HARRYS BIG BAD BOOMER HTX

NITECH CH VIRGINIAS MIGHTY MOE

Old Post 02-23-2015 01:02 AM
walkerman75 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerman75 Click here to Send walkerman75 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerman75 Find more posts by walkerman75 Add walkerman75 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

just google humane pa.org click on current legislation this is real and happening now !

Old Post 02-23-2015 02:01 AM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerman75
UKC Forum Member

bump

Old Post 02-23-2015 07:09 AM
walkerman75 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerman75 Click here to Send walkerman75 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerman75 Find more posts by walkerman75 Add walkerman75 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dawgg03
UKC Forum Member

What is up with these people you can't leave a dog outside from 10pm till 6 am? See how they see one case of a dog some idiot had and now we got to save the dog world everyone but them are terrible owners. It didn't show how to contact your state reps . Any info

I use Sunfire lights

Old Post 02-23-2015 11:05 AM
dawgg03 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgg03 Click here to Send dawgg03 a Private Message Click Here to Email dawgg03 Find more posts by dawgg03 Add dawgg03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

i'll try to get some numbers up later today !

Old Post 02-23-2015 11:32 AM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-23-2015 12:39 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carter
Banned

I just sent an email to the senate chairman of Maryland opposing bill 26. When I get the contact information for PA tethering bill I will do the same and will call.

Old Post 02-23-2015 01:16 PM
carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carter Click here to Send carter a Private Message Click Here to Email carter Find more posts by carter Add carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

One State Reps number MR METCALFE http://www.repmetcalfe.com/Contact.aspx

District Offices
Cranberry Township Municipal Building
2525 Rochester Road
Suite 201
Cranberry Township, PA, 16066
Phone: (724) 772-3110
Fax: (724) 772-2922
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 4:30pm

Capitol Office
144 Main Capitol
PO Box 202012
Harrisburg, PA 17120-2012
Telephone: (717) 783-1707
Fax: (717) 787-4771
TTY: (855) 282-0614

Old Post 02-24-2015 06:47 AM
rich0713 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rich0713 Click here to Send rich0713 a Private Message Visit rich0713's homepage! Find more posts by rich0713 Add rich0713 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

Trouble w/parts of this bill

Has a spot that talks about Emergency Weather and also adds a spot that say-- Dogs will be brought in at anything 32 degs or below and or anything at 90 degs or above. One question If you have a Good insulated dog house and dog is well taken care of do you still have to bring dog inside?? Thats how this bill looks to me here is the link to the bill sitting in front of govt right now. Second question Who is in charge of enforcing this bill if it turns to a law? We have so many dog laws now that are not enforced. Why not start there before we pass anymore laws? Looks to me like the police are going to be enforcing this bill some high fines for first ticket http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...373&pn=0288

Last edited by rich0713 on 02-24-2015 at 12:49 PM

Old Post 02-24-2015 07:14 AM
rich0713 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rich0713 Click here to Send rich0713 a Private Message Visit rich0713's homepage! Find more posts by rich0713 Add rich0713 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-24-2015 01:48 PM
Caseyhoutz
UKC Forum Member

i looked into this. I think it'd be worth to write about this in the next upcoming PA nite hunters asso article. to let people know whats going on.

Home of
'PR' HOUTZ COONBUSTIN SPOOKY FRED
$142.50 PKC.

CH 'PR' HOUTZ COON BUSTIN TINY

'PR' HOUTZ COONBUSTIN MOJO MAGIC

'PR' WILD STYLE CLOVERS FLAG
~Casey Houtz~

Old Post 02-24-2015 02:01 PM
Caseyhoutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Caseyhoutz Click here to Send Caseyhoutz a Private Message Click Here to Email Caseyhoutz Find more posts by Caseyhoutz Add Caseyhoutz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil Peterson
UKC Forum Member

This is what is proposed:

(iii) A person convicted of violating paragraph (1) in combination with a first violation of subsection (c.1) or (c.2) commits a misdemeanor of the third degree.
(c.1) Tethering of dogs.--
(1) Except as otherwise provided under subsection (c)(2) or paragraph (2), a person commits a summary offense if the person tethers an unattended dog, by use of a physical restraint, to any stationary or highly immobile object unless all of the following apply:
(i) The tethering is not for a longer period of time than is reasonably necessary for the dog or person to complete a temporary task that requires the dog to be physically restrained.
(ii) The dog is periodically monitored while tethered.
(iii) The tether is attached to the dog by a nonchoke-type collar and is attached to the object by swivel anchors, latches or similar devices in a manner which prevents the tether from:
(A) becoming entangled around any object so as to limit the dog's freedom; or
(B) entangling the dog or any of the dog's appendages.
(iv) The tether used to restrain the dog is of a type commonly used for the dog involved and is not thicker than one-eighth of an inch.
(v) The tether is at least three times the length of the dog, as measured from the tip of the dog's nose to the base of the dog's tail, but not less than 10 feet in length.
(vi) The dog has easy access to potable drinking water, edible food and adequate shade and shelter within the tethered area, unless the dog is being directly supervised.
(vii) The dog is not tethered outdoors:
(A) during any period in which a severe weather warning has been issued for the area by the National Weather Service; or
(B) for a continuous period of time greater than 30 minutes if the temperature is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit or above 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
(2) A person convicted for a second or subsequent time of violating paragraph (1) commits a misdemeanor of the third degree.
(3) A person who commits an offense under this subsection shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay:
(i) a fine of not less than $200 nor more than $750;
(ii) all veterinary costs;
(iii) shelter costs, which may not exceed $15 per day per dog; and
(iv) court costs.
(c.2) Shelters for dogs.--
(1) A person in charge or control of a dog which is kept outdoors or in an unheated enclosure shall, at a minimum, provide the dog with shelter and bedding as follows:
(i) The following shall apply:
(A) The shelter must be a moisture-proof and wind-proof structure of suitable size to accommodate the dog and allow retention of body heat. At minimum, a shelter must meet the following dimensions:
(I) Depth - dog's length plus 12 inches.
(II) Width - dog's length plus 18 inches.
(III) Height - dog's height plus 3 inches on the low side of the shelter and dog's height plus 9 inches on the high side of the shelter.
(B) The shelter must be made of durable material with a solid, moisture-proof floor raised at least three inches from the ground.
(C) The roof must extend eight inches over the doorway to keep out rain.
(D) The shelter may not be constructed of any material that readily conducts heat or cold.
(ii) Between May 1 and October 31, the person in charge or control of the dog must ensure that the dog is provided with shade from the direct rays of the sun.
(iii) Between November 1 and March 31, the structure must have a windbreak at the entrance. The person in charge or control of the dog must provide a sufficient quantity of suitable bedding material to provide insulation and protection against cold and dampness and promote retention of body heat. Hay, blankets, rags or other material that retains moisture may not be utilized for bedding.
(2) (i) Except as provided under subsection (c)(2) or subparagraph (ii), a person convicted of violating paragraph (1) commits a summary offense.
(ii) A person convicted for a second or subsequent time of violating paragraph (1) commits a misdemeanor of the third degree.
(3) A person who commits an offense under this subsection shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay:
(i) a fine of not less than $200 nor more than $750;
(ii) all veterinary costs;
(iii) shelter costs, which may not exceed $15 per day per dog; and
(iv) court costs.

Old Post 02-24-2015 03:07 PM
Phil Peterson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil Peterson Click here to Send Phil Peterson a Private Message Find more posts by Phil Peterson Add Phil Peterson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cameronk
UKC Forum Member

I grew up on a farm in southern MN. At that time just about every farm had a farm dog running around that lived outside. People had hounds in kennels, tied up etc. That is just the way things were, and MN winters can be pretty tough.

Fast forward to today. The average person seems to be in the mindset of humanizing pets. Some of these people spend untold amounts of money on their lap dogs: grooming, pet accessories, pet pedicures, pet chiropractors, nothing too great for their thousand dollar house mutt. I swear many of these people take better care of their house dogs and cats than they do their own kids. Not saying I promote cruelty to dogs, but people need to be a realist when it comes to all this.

The people promoting these "pet cruelty" laws are pretty dangerous. What you often have are animal rights activists who have found a new way to push their agenda. The general public lost interest in dumping blood on fur coats, or boycotting meat so the animal rights folks had to find a new avenue to appeal to the masses. Nowadays people are pet crazy so what better way to get them onboard. They can take an average citizen and manipulate them into their ranks by pushing the pet cruelty laws. Next they will push that traps harm dogs, hound people are cruel to canines because they allow their dogs to fight animals, hunters are cruel for killing coyotes because they are in the canine family, etc. And it all starts with this humanizing of pets.

The time to fight this is now, before their movement gains any more momentum.

Old Post 02-24-2015 04:43 PM
cameronk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cameronk Click here to Send cameronk a Private Message Click Here to Email cameronk Find more posts by cameronk Add cameronk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerman75
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 02-24-2015 06:04 PM
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

Here is another state rep this one is one of them that came up with this crazy bill Joseph B. Scarnati
Wellsboro office(570) 724-5231 http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs..._bio.cfm?id=283

State REp Matt Baker office Wellsboro PA 570-724-1390
http://www.repbaker.com/

Old Post 02-24-2015 08:46 PM
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

Re: Trouble w/parts of this bill

quote:
Originally posted by rich0713
Has a spot that talks about Emergency Weather and also adds a spot that say-- Dogs will be brought in at anything 32 degs or below and or anything at 90 degs or above. One question If you have a Good insulated dog house and dog is well taken care of do you still have to bring dog inside?? http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...373&pn=0288

That was my thought at 1st to "I wouldn't have such a big problem if that were the case but read the wording at the beginning stating you are committing a summary offense unless ALL of the following requirements apply. Then you read on and you see the list is a mile long and It really would make it impossible to keep dogs outside. At least that's how it looks to me.

Old Post 02-24-2015 08:55 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

Info from Matt Baker Office

This Bill If passed would now make hunting with DOGs illegal if the temps where at 32 Deg's or Below and anything 90 deg or higher, Or a Severe Weather Warning from National Weather Service was issued.

I also Notified UKC legal department she will be posting/commenting in a week.. She will be out of the office this week or she would do it then. She is Also contacting Hunters United to get them behind Us because they are dealing with Maryland's Tethering Law

(vii) The dog is not tethered outdoors:
15(A) during any period in which a severe weather
16warning has been issued for the area by the National
17Weather Service; or
18(B) for a CONTINUOUS period of time greater than
1930 minutes if the temperature is below 32 degrees
20Fahrenheit or above 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
21(2) A person convicted for a second or subsequent time
22of violating paragraph (1) commits a misdemeanor of the third
23degree.
24(3) A person who commits an offense under this
25subsection shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay:
26(i) a fine of not less than $200 nor more than $750;
27(ii) all veterinary COSTS;
28(iii) shelter COSTS, which may not exceed $15 per
29day per dog; and
30(iv) court costs.

Last edited by rich0713 on 02-24-2015 at 09:10 PM

Old Post 02-24-2015 08:59 PM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-24-2015 10:30 PM
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

I kennel my hounds, the houses are insulated and they have heaters in. I have a fenced in yard where they play and get plenty of exercise. I would like to think no one takes better care of there hounds then I do.

That being said, I would never support this bill because not everyone has the means to build a nice kennel. Not every young boy has the means to buy an insulated house. Does that mean that they should no longer have the right to own a dog.

To me a bill like this would prohibit this. I have seen some hounds in setups, where I know the gentlemen can afford to provide better care but just doesn't value the particular hound. This bothers me, I don't like it, but to try to pass a law on something like this just isn't possible because the next guy down the road may only have one dog and all he can afford is a chain and old house. That dog may mean the world to him, and he would give it more if he could but he can't.

Old Post 02-24-2015 11:51 PM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Every dog needs room to exercise and time to run, if I were to ever pass a law it would be this, but it would obviously be impossible to enforce and a major infringement on a person's rights. I don't understand why these people think we need more laws. Why not try to educate or offer free seminars dog training nutrition and health. These people make no sense.

Old Post 02-24-2015 11:54 PM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

Fisher13 I have to agree with you!,

Old Post 02-25-2015 03:21 AM
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

thanks rich for putting numbers up !

Old Post 02-25-2015 11:40 AM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-25-2015 12:54 PM