UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > need advice
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hopgood#4962
UKC Forum Member

need advice

have older female need to get her tighter on the tree ?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-27-2015 11:11 PM
Hopgood#4962 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hopgood#4962 Click here to Send Hopgood#4962 a Private Message Find more posts by Hopgood#4962 Add Hopgood#4962 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

just how old his this dog

Old Post 03-28-2015 03:35 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopgood#4962
UKC Forum Member

She is about 4

Old Post 03-28-2015 05:50 AM
Hopgood#4962 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hopgood#4962 Click here to Send Hopgood#4962 a Private Message Find more posts by Hopgood#4962 Add Hopgood#4962 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

I don't know if I would call her "older"...they usually live to be 10-13 or more, so she is not really older, more like in her prime to me. All that said, I have to ask; has this dog ever been "tight on the tree"??? Did she tree and hold it for 5 minutes or more at anytime in the past and did she do this consistently???? Also, when you say "tight to the tree" do you mean she will or wont stay until you get there, or do you mean more barks per minute????
If the answer is no, not really, then she might never do it to suit you. On the other hand, if she used to lock the tree and hold it until you get there {if that's what you mean} then it sounds like either something is wrong or something has happened to this dog to cause the change. It's not really normal or typical to have a dog that treed good and held her tree to stop. Did anything unusual or traumatic happen to this dog??? Get sick, get hit by a car, get attacked by a mean dog at the tree, you bought a new dog and maybe she is jealous, had a loud explosion go off nearby and now gunshy????
The reason would be helpful if there is one...some dogs just do this. If so about the only thing I know is the old "tie her back at the tree and let her see another dog getting the coon." You cannot make a dog tree, they have to want to/be bred to.

Old Post 03-28-2015 06:05 PM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

jmo

if she's 4 yrs old id say probly not going to no better than she is now id say who ever started her has let her mill around at the tree instead of tying her so she couldn't run around so she don't know anything else but to do it but like i say this is jmo

Old Post 03-28-2015 07:34 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopgood#4962
UKC Forum Member

well

Have a new pup but she has been around several dogs and pups but you may be right about not being tied up to the tree while you shine the tree,because on the way in she is all over it when you get there she gets off and on so I guess I should continue tieing her to the tree oya don't get me wrong she well tree and have the meat 70% of the time not a slick tree dog I hunt alot of area with snag/den trees just what is available to me I appreciate the advice will work on it thanks

Old Post 03-29-2015 02:41 AM