UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Ghost stories!!!!!!!!!
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

Thumbs up

I will tell Aneisa tonight and see if she can send it to your phone.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING INSTEAD
OF HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-04-2015 07:14 PM
Carl Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carl Fox Click here to Send Carl Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Carl Fox Add Carl Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

TOMMY WOULD HAVE TO SEND THE PICTURE TO YOUR PHONE FROM HIS PHONE IT WANT WORK HER TRYING TO SEND IT OFF FACE BOOK.

Old Post 03-06-2015 02:50 PM
Carl Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carl Fox Click here to Send Carl Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Carl Fox Add Carl Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

814-691-5732

Old Post 03-06-2015 03:22 PM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 03-06-2015 08:51 PM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

what was that pic taking with regular camera digital camera cell phone? thats creeeepy! awesome though

im hoping it wasnt a regular camera because double exposure would de bunk it real quick in most peoples eyes

Old Post 03-06-2015 08:55 PM
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

Question

Tommy will have to answer that he just sent it to my daughters face book page.

all he said was he thought him and Virgil his hunting buddy had ran into the Fish creek ghost for no woman was hunting with them that night.

I told Aneisa if it ever got on the internet it would spread like wild fire for no one believes anything a coon hunter tells any way so we shall see.

Old Post 03-06-2015 09:03 PM
t fox
UKC Forum Member

PICTURE

I AM NOT SEEING THE PIC. ON MY COMPUTER /??????

GRNITE, CH, MEADOW CREEK JOE
GRNITE, CH, YADKIN RIVER MISSY

Old Post 03-06-2015 09:08 PM
t fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for t fox Click here to Send t fox a Private Message Find more posts by t fox Add t fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

tommy you must be cursed by the woman herself!!!

awesome picture i cant stop looking at it haha

carl can you see it? its showing up on mine

Old Post 03-06-2015 09:15 PM
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

Negative i just see a red box with an x inside of it but nothing new for at work we are blue coat blocked from any pictures that is not company related and that sucks.
when i get home i will check it out on one of the computers.

Old Post 03-09-2015 01:13 PM
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Fox
Well i am going to tell you about the night we caught the ghost coon.

Way back in 1970 i was a senior in high school and at that time my dad owned the best coon dog in the land or more like the surrounding counties.

A story begin to circulate that there was a ghost coon down around Heidelberg a small town about a 30 minute drive from the town that i lived in.

The story was that no dog could tree the coon and have it up a tree just lying tree dogs hunters came from all the surrounding counties with the best dogs they could find but no one could tree the coon and have it up that tree.
Dad would very seldom let me take old Mutt his prize coon dog out on the road some where hunting for he was afraid some one would steal him but a group of hunters came to our house one evening and asked Dad to bring old Mutt down to Heidelberg and see if he could tree the ghost coon reluctantly Dad agreed to go on the hunt.

About the edge of dark i remember it just as if it was yesterday dad said son load old Mutt in the trunk of the car for back in those days most hunters hunted out of as many cars as trucks for they could not afford two vehicles.

I moved the spare tire out of the way in the trunk of the car and layed down the mules saddle blanket some will know what this is others want and then loaded old mutt in the trunk and away we went down to Hidelbergh.
There we met up with Lowelll Gale, Gentry Turner and a couple other hunters and we drove up by the Dam pass the lock and turned the three dogs lose ever thing was quite no one talked just the sprew of the carbide lights could be heard then way up the river we heard that long familiar bawl of ole Mutt.
Dad looked over at the other hunters and said boys your ghost coon is going to be treed and killed tonight.
The other hunters dogs had joined in by now and they said ain't no way thats the same place we struck him the other night.
An old bad cold track ole Mutt begin to warm up and the race was on all of a sudden the other hunters said to tree their dogs and they begin to get on Dad about where was ole Mutt at he had gone stone cold silent.
When we arrived at the tree all the dogs but Mutt was barking ever breath some riding the others back they were slobber mouth tree dogs andwere barking up a big spruce pine but no coon could be found.
One of the hunters spoke up and said that ghost coon must to have killed ole Mutt for he was no where to be seen but about that time ole mutt let out that locate bawl yalllll and daddy looked over at me and winked and said boys now we are going to look at your ghost coon.
The other dogs were tied and led and we went about 200 more yards up the river and in a swamp like area Mutt was treed up a 40 inch popular and the look was on and the talk begin ain't no coon up this tree the ghost coon has done it again.
Lowelll Gale all at once said boys bring me that 12 gage shot gun over here and he aimed right in the sprig top of the tree and kabooie just like you had let off a dynamite for dad had loaded the shells with buck shots and the roar down that river was like a train wreck then just like ever branch on that tree was being knocked off like an elephant was falling out of that tree the coon hit the ground and the fight was on .
Dad had ole Mutt tied back for he said if Mutt could tree the coon the other dogs could kill it well every dog got whipped and Gentry grabbed it by the tail; and it turned and started climbing up his breeches legs and he started screaming get it off me get it off me.
About that time dad turned old Mutt lose and he yoked it right behind the head and with a bone crusher hold and the ghost coon had ran its last race.
As we walked back down the river dad said look ahere boys this is how your ghost coon was getting away he shined up the false tree a spruce pine and said look here and he traced a limb out that went under the rail road bridge and dad said he came out that limb and jumed on to the trissle and on he went but he had the old master after him tonight and he is a bit smarter than a coon.

The next morning we all met down at the local General store and the bets were on about how much the ghost coon would weigh and when put on the scales 22.2 lbs the biggest coon to have ever been caught in those parts back in those days.

Old Post 03-09-2015 01:14 PM
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dchartt

Old Post 03-16-2015 08:28 PM
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

Red face

AWESOME ON FACE BOOK THE WOMAN SEEMED TO BE SITTING ON THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE TRUCK AND IN THIS PICTURE I AM NOT SURE SHE IS EVEN IN THE TRUCK.

Old Post 03-16-2015 08:30 PM
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Fox

Wow,thought I was looking at a ghost,,and I'm not talking about the girl in the background,,,that fella looks just like my uncle that past away afew years back,,,he was an avid coonhunter himself,,,cool pic though

Old Post 03-25-2015 09:33 PM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Bingham
I've got a place that i hunt alone most of the time. Niether My boys or my buddies will they think I,m nuts. There's an abandon house down this long lane about 3/4 of a mile off the road. About 4 yrs ago a buddy was gonna handle one of my dogs for me i decided to take him to this place and turn loose now old squeller barked everytime his foot hit the ground he never shut up. We had already treed a couple of ring tails and we cut him again he headed down by the house just smoking a track then he went silent we stood there for about 20 minutes before i decided to go check on him we found him about 200yrds east of the house just standing shaking he was scared to death. A couple of years later i guided a cast in the same spot. Once again we treed a couple of coons. On the last cut 3 of the dogs get treed and ol Trader the (Devils child) is running a good track. While we're shining the other tree he goes quite hunt is over. Ol Jed Finley pulls out his garmin and can't find him. I told Jed he's by the house when ever a dog shuts up he's by the house took me some convincing but we headed that way we found him 200yrds west of the house just standing there shaking scared to death. Jed Finley to this day think the place is haunted. I have had other cast in there where guys will get turned around because they have the truck marked on the Garmin but it will take them to the house.

Old Post 04-07-2015 01:57 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Btt

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 10-31-2019 04:06 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote