UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Training question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rockin12
UKC Forum Member

Training question

Guys , need your thoughts and input , have a really nice 3 yr old Coma bred female .. does everything great , here lately she has been pullling off the tree to come to us as we are walking in to the tree , about 100 yards out .. not all the time , but more than I want , been hunted by herself a lot , and with company likes to be alone , usually won’t pull to other dogs... any suggestions ?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-29-2020 11:29 PM
rockin12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockin12 Click here to Send rockin12 a Private Message Click Here to Email rockin12 Find more posts by rockin12 Add rockin12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric Bierman
UKC Forum Member

Shut off your light and stand there till she goes back to treeing. When she starts treeing again, proceed into her. If she does it again, you do the same.

Old Post 11-30-2020 12:55 AM
Eric Bierman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Bierman Click here to Send Eric Bierman a Private Message Find more posts by Eric Bierman Add Eric Bierman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Training question

quote:
Originally posted by rockin12
Guys , need your thoughts and input , have a really nice 3 yr old Coma bred female .. does everything great , here lately she has been pullling off the tree to come to us as we are walking in to the tree , about 100 yards out .. not all the time , but more than I want , been hunted by herself a lot , and with company likes to be alone , usually won’t pull to other dogs... any suggestions ?

Do you tie her up at every tree?

Old Post 11-30-2020 01:28 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rockin12
UKC Forum Member

I have tied her back at some trees with company , but not all, , example she treed over 3 hours the other night , she got treed on a island in the lake , took forever to get to her , we get 200 yards from her she quits teeeing and comes to us ... doesn’t make sense

Old Post 11-30-2020 01:53 AM
rockin12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockin12 Click here to Send rockin12 a Private Message Click Here to Email rockin12 Find more posts by rockin12 Add rockin12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

As stated earlier. Handle her at every tree. Even if u find the coon walking in still handle her.
Next time she does it I would take my cap off and scold her on the nose. Take her back if she doesn’t go back. Handle her. Knock it out and really make over her.
JMO. I have saw this before.
It’s easy to get complacent when pleasure hunting. I catch myself doing it from time to time.

Old Post 11-30-2020 03:15 AM
GCH Viper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCH Viper Click here to Send GCH Viper a Private Message Find more posts by GCH Viper Add GCH Viper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

I've seen a few do it after I started shooting coons out to them. Does she go back to treeing or what does she do ?

Old Post 11-30-2020 03:31 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rockin12
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
I've seen a few do it after I started shooting coons out to them. Does she go back to treeing or what does she do ?

Old Post 11-30-2020 03:43 AM