UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Purina Point Circles???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Purina Point Circles???

Are they worth anything now? I’ve been saving mine, but haven’t tried to send them in for awhile.

Home of Mayberry Blueticks
Jhn. 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-06-2019 01:49 AM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyhunter50
UKC Forum Member

Dont think you can send them by mail anymore but they are still worth something if you can figure out how to send them

Old Post 05-06-2019 02:54 AM
kyhunter50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyhunter50 Click here to Send kyhunter50 a Private Message Find more posts by kyhunter50 Add kyhunter50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Weight circles submission have been discontinued as of July 2018 ....they switched over to receipts submissions....vie the internet.....
Good luck trying to redeem them .

Old Post 05-06-2019 03:12 AM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Worst move they ever made. Used to be a simple process, just snip the circle out and send it in with their form filled out. Now you have to be an electronics expert and even then its a crap shoot if they get it or not. It just about isn't worth the hassle. I contacted them about the picture crap of taking the invoices from chewy and they say I can take a picture or email a lot of BS to them from them. Middleman ain't me. As much as I have stuck to them and been in their corner on here and other places, it may be time to use a cheaper food. Yes Purina is the best food, but hey are higher priced with the "no use of weight circles", and the fact that my hounds don't get run much, my bill fold may enjoy being a little heavier.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 05-06-2019 12:08 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

I think it was a great move ..... It's simple ......once educated in the new process ....
What's so hard about takeing a picture and uploading it through your proclub account . Nothing IMO.
That's it .

Old Post 05-06-2019 01:09 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

your opinion is yours as mine is mine. I don't have the time to be worried with taking pictures and up loading anywhere, which for one, I do not know how to do. All this has been explained to them there at purina, but I spelled it out for you too. Some of us aren't savy on the computer processes. The last thing is every time I try to log into my account there, they have changed my password and it takes days for them to send me another so it can be fixed. Very poor decision for us that hate computers for anything other than to internet coon hunt.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 05-06-2019 01:44 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick St.Clair
UKC Forum Member

Ya I don't like the change either. Had a better time remembering to cut the circle when the bag was empty than I do saving and taking pictures or receipts

Old Post 05-06-2019 10:23 PM
Rick St.Clair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick St.Clair Click here to Send Rick St.Clair a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick St.Clair Find more posts by Rick St.Clair Add Rick St.Clair to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

It is purty easy, if I can do it anybody can, cause im dummer than dirt. I just sent in a receipt and typing this took longer than the reciept submission.

Old Post 05-06-2019 10:54 PM
Randy Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Williams Click here to Send Randy Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Williams Find more posts by Randy Williams Add Randy Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Can

You mail in your receipts?

Old Post 05-07-2019 12:55 AM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Re: Can

quote:
Originally posted by blue blue
You mail in your receipts?

Yes u can , but it will take longer.

Old Post 05-07-2019 01:45 AM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for your response. I'm old school too. My first computer stayed in the box for a whole year before I opened it. I was intimidated by it. Still don't know much about them. Everyone told me to just play with them and said I could not mess them up…….. They lied!!!

Home of Mayberry Blueticks
Jhn. 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Old Post 05-08-2019 03:43 AM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

It takes me about one minute from start to finish to turn in all my of Purina Points, and they are on my account usually in the same day. Best move they ever made was getting away from the archaic practice of cutting out those stupid circles and mailing them.

Old Post 05-08-2019 02:19 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
your opinion is yours as mine is mine. I don't have the time to be worried with taking pictures and up loading anywhere, which for one, I do not know how to do. All this has been explained to them there at purina, but I spelled it out for you too. Some of us aren't savy on the computer processes. The last thing is every time I try to log into my account there, they have changed my password and it takes days for them to send me another so it can be fixed. Very poor decision for us that hate computers for anything other than to internet coon hunt.

I am guessing that the majority of their customers....including myself, hated cutting out circles off every bag of feed and snail mailing it more than they do computers.

Old Post 05-08-2019 02:21 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

Had nothing but issues with them and stop using Purina period. Price keep going up and thier great change droveme to find alternative food which I did and saving a bunch!

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 05-09-2019 11:00 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Littletown
UKC Forum Member

I don't have a cell phone, and my 2007 (vintage year!!) digital camera stopped working awhile back, so the only way I know to do it is to try to keep track of my receipts (I buy Purina food from Meijer, Wal-Mart, and on-line from Chewy.com), drive to a local library (hope their copy machine is working, because it often does not), make paper copies, then mail those to Purina, because I am supposed to save the original copies for documentation as to my expenses (taxes, just in case).

For me, the circles were easier, though I agree, they are a pain to cut & collect enough of them to make it worthwhile to send them in. When you feed little dogs, it takes time for them to eat enough food; I used to only send them in once per year.

Old Post 05-11-2019 03:54 AM
Littletown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Littletown Click here to Send Littletown a Private Message Click Here to Email Littletown Find more posts by Littletown Add Littletown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
I think it was a great move ..... It's simple ......once educated in the new process ....
What's so hard about takeing a picture and uploading it through your proclub account . Nothing IMO.
That's it .

AHHH .Modern technology. I know people that fed Purina. Belonged to pro club. BBBUUUTTT . Have dumb phones. No computer.

A better move would have been to allow the customer the option to continue to clip and mail or the newer way of uploading.

Some no longer participate but still use Purina because of the change. Some have started using other feed because of the change .

The modern world now operates on the premise that "EVERYONE " has digital cameras, smart phones, high speed internet ,and or computers. NOT!!!

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 05-13-2019 at 05:05 PM

Old Post 05-13-2019 04:53 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

I prefer to stay educated with technology.....being old is no xcuse to stay "dumb" JMO

Old Post 05-13-2019 06:25 PM
patches
UKC Forum Member

I save my receipts send them in just like I did the weight circles. Takes about the same amount of time. When I d to Purina that I didn't have a way to take pics etc. They didn't give me a hard time.
But I agree. They should give people the option. Not everyone has access to computer or high speed internet.

Milarkens Coronet. Bleu(Gandalf)
Milarkens Army of 12 Monkees(Pippin)
Gone but not forgotten
Grfch. Grch. Milarkens Reevewood Shi-Ster
Ch. Milarkens Sportie Shortie

Old Post 05-16-2019 09:03 PM
patches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches Click here to Send patches a Private Message Click Here to Email patches Find more posts by patches Add patches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ghost14
UKC Forum Member

You heard it straight from the horses mouth. If you don’t have a computer or smart phone you are dumb or uneducated! I am so sorry for where this sport is headed in the future! These kids are gonna hunt from the couch!

Old Post 05-16-2019 09:33 PM
Ghost14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ghost14 Click here to Send Ghost14 a Private Message Click Here to Email Ghost14 Find more posts by Ghost14 Add Ghost14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I'm, old and dumb, but I have a smartphone and a computer. I'm not that dumb.

Old Post 05-16-2019 11:21 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches
UKC Forum Member

I'm not dumb just poor and infamous. I live out in boonies. High speed internet costs more than I want to spend. My phone is my only internet and it is about four years old and a non contract phone. Therefoe I do a lot of things old school.

Milarkens Coronet. Bleu(Gandalf)
Milarkens Army of 12 Monkees(Pippin)
Gone but not forgotten
Grfch. Grch. Milarkens Reevewood Shi-Ster
Ch. Milarkens Sportie Shortie

Old Post 05-18-2019 11:33 AM
patches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches Click here to Send patches a Private Message Click Here to Email patches Find more posts by patches Add patches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

circles

Too lazy to deal with. Quit Purina and switched to Pride

Old Post 05-18-2019 06:03 PM
RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote