UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Short people problems
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chainsaw
UKC Forum Member

Short people problems

My top storage box is useless.I can’t get in it with my new truck it’s 4x4 but not lifted. I use the back seat of my truck and just put extra stuff like first aid kit extra leads light ect in the box. Anyone else run into this..and yes I know I could stand on the bumper or tire but I’m to old to get hurt before I go hunting

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-23-2020 12:26 AM
chainsaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chainsaw Click here to Send chainsaw a Private Message Click Here to Email chainsaw Find more posts by chainsaw Add chainsaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pztrailman
UKC Forum Member

I had the same problem. I had to go to bottom storage.

Old Post 11-23-2020 01:36 AM
pztrailman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pztrailman Click here to Send pztrailman a Private Message Click Here to Email pztrailman Find more posts by pztrailman Add pztrailman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

I’m not short

But i find storing stuff in the back seat to be more convenient anyway. I have no storage on the box and better visibility out of the rear window.

Old Post 11-23-2020 02:09 AM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Rather have a box with no storage that I can see over and a tool box behind the cab.

Old Post 11-23-2020 03:17 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Top storage, side storage, tool box, back seat and see out the back window... I can leave home for a month and carry everything.

post a picture

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-23-2020 at 06:13 PM

Old Post 11-23-2020 06:10 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

Very nice! Can you load and unload it by yourself too? 🤣
Really cool setup.

Old Post 11-23-2020 09:00 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I am 72 yrs old. I have to have 2 sawhorses. It isn't that heavy but I am not as strong as I used to be and my back is bad.

Old Post 11-23-2020 09:04 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

I hear that

A friend of mine seriously messed up his back trying to load his box by himself. Pretty much ended his coon hunting. Take care of your back.

Old Post 11-24-2020 03:19 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It is great for road trips and pulling my camper. I still have my Jeep for hunting around the house.

Old Post 11-24-2020 03:24 AM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I am 72 yrs old. I have to have 2 sawhorses. It isn't that heavy but I am not as strong as I used to be and my back is bad.

Forget the dog box. I like that old truck. Cant find em up here unless they are rusted in two.

Old Post 11-24-2020 02:51 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

whats the year is the old chevy truck in front of first picture ?

Old Post 11-24-2020 02:56 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

1965 Chevy, it has a 4.8 LS engine with a turbo and a 4l60e auto trans. It dyno'd at 569 hp at the rear wheels on +10 lbs of boost. It sure is fun to drive. I am like a kid with a toy when I take it out. It has a Holley Terminator Max computer. I can turn the tune and boost up to race or down to just cruise depending on my mood (and whether my wife goes with me or not).

Old Post 11-24-2020 03:52 PM
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
1965 Chevy, it has a 4.8 LS engine with a turbo and a 4l60e auto trans. It dyno'd at 569 hp at the rear wheels on +10 lbs of boost. It sure is fun to drive. I am like a kid with a toy when I take it out. It has a Holley Terminator Max computer. I can turn the tune and boost up to race or down to just cruise depending on my mood (and whether my wife goes with me or not).
cool

Old Post 11-24-2020 04:12 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:

All the LS swaps I see amaze me. Love em.

Hunting buddy of mine has a 6.0 in an old regal that runs a 6.90 1/8 mile.

Old Post 11-24-2020 09:58 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

They sure do put a lot of pep in an old classic. They also love a little boost. I sure do wish that they were around during my first childhood.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-24-2020 at 10:23 PM

Old Post 11-24-2020 10:21 PM
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

buy or build a step for your hitch

Old Post 11-27-2020 02:49 AM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Edinger
UKC Forum Member

Trucks are so tall anymore you can't hardly get on the tail
gate to sit .

Old Post 11-27-2020 01:41 PM
Richard Edinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Edinger Click here to Send Richard Edinger a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Edinger Find more posts by Richard Edinger Add Richard Edinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Roy Grant
buy or build a step for your hitch

I didn't think about that. It is an excellent idea. All you would need to do is take the ball off of a hitch and weld or bolt a flat piece of metal to the top. You could get a drop down or level hitch to get it the right height.

Old Post 11-27-2020 01:46 PM
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Exactly

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Rather have a box with no storage that I can see over and a tool box behind the cab.

I got a new box last year. No storage for me. I want to see what's behind me in my rearview mirror, not just see my box. I too like the toolbox for storage.

Old Post 11-28-2020 05:27 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote