UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Cur and Feist Classifieds > Looking for a silent bobcat dog
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
beimel
UKC Forum Member

Looking for a silent bobcat dog

I’m looking for a truck to tree silent bobcat dog.
Pm, text or call 814-594-1007.
Thanks!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-08-2020 04:38 PM
beimel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beimel Click here to Send beimel a Private Message Click Here to Email beimel Find more posts by beimel Add beimel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bkherbert
UKC Forum Member

WSL

Try training a West Siberian Laika for bobcat. A Laika naturally hunts silently until the game is treed. You would need to train the dog to hunt the bobcat, as my Laika will tree squirrels, raccoon, weasels, mink, and bobcat. Can't shoot bobcat in my main hunting area.
When I tried to go specifically for bobcat in Michigan's short season, my dog didn't catch up to the cat before she treed squirrels and raccoons.

Old Post 07-18-2020 03:48 AM
bkherbert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bkherbert Click here to Send bkherbert a Private Message Click Here to Email bkherbert Find more posts by bkherbert Add bkherbert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtdodge
UKC Forum Member

Cat dogs

that the same results I had with squirrel dogs on bobcats. Never finished the track before finding every squirrel in and around the swamp. Cur or laika. If your looking for a dog that hunts like a big game hound but silent on track. I'm not sure if there is. Most curs or laikas are not cold nosed enough to grub up a cold track. But would be perfect if the got within a 600 yard radius around a cat they most likely would tree it. Theres a big difference between hounds and curs noses. But a cur on a jumped or hot cat would be fun to watch

Old Post 07-20-2020 07:16 PM
dirtdodge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtdodge Click here to Send dirtdodge a Private Message Click Here to Email dirtdodge Find more posts by dirtdodge Add dirtdodge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beimel
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 07-31-2020 09:59 PM
beimel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beimel Click here to Send beimel a Private Message Click Here to Email beimel Find more posts by beimel Add beimel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote