UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Jeb
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Back up for

John and Jeb.....go back and study this pedigree and look at his pic.......That's a hound dog!!

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-22-2016 01:37 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Back up for

John and Jeb.....go back and study this pedigree and look at his pic.......That's a hound dog!!

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!

Old Post 07-22-2016 01:38 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

It's been a good year so far for the Southern Farms dogs. Jeb earned his GRNITECH title. Penny and Pearl earned NITECH titles. And to top it off Jeb and Penny are qualified for the zones. Plus we've won a little PKC and CHKC $$ in the meantime.

These hounds have sure made it fun for me.

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Jeb
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Pearl
UKC NITECH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Independence
'PR' Southern Farms Bohannon

Gone But Not Forgotten:
UKC NITECH GRCH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Bocephus
GRNITECH 'PR' Lookin' Up Liberty

901-282-9262

Old Post 07-24-2016 06:13 AM
SFWALKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SFWALKER Click here to Send SFWALKER a Private Message Click Here to Email SFWALKER Find more posts by SFWALKER Add SFWALKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

I have to brag on Jeb's momma a little.

I wish everyone could see what she did last night. She showed what true cold-nosed track power is. Something that is easy to take for granted. It was perfection in every way... Something that seems harder and harder to find, and something that I don't think a lot of folks understand what is. She struck what was clearly an old bad track up in the hills that eventually made its way to a flooded bottom. She worked that track flawlessly for over an hour, just slow and steady, always moving forward. She ended up working the track up hot and putting 2 coons up a tree. If you stretched the track out in a straight line it was probably over 3/4 miles long. Not bad for an ol' fat out of shape dog in this heat.

What is even better is that she passed that trait on to her pups.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 07-24-2016 06:16 PM
SFWALKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SFWALKER Click here to Send SFWALKER a Private Message Click Here to Email SFWALKER Find more posts by SFWALKER Add SFWALKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

I sure like what I've read about Jeb and his littermates n mother. And of course we all know his daddy. They sound like they have the traits I need in my country. Good luck with your dogs. I'll be keeping watch for future crosses.

Old Post 07-25-2016 12:47 AM
recon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for recon Click here to Send recon a Private Message Click Here to Email recon Find more posts by recon Add recon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Jebs grand daddy on his momma's side...

The bocephus dog was bred almost like Bone. Bones dad was a grandson of skuna river lipper and a Fletcher's Jake female. Bo was a grandson of Skuna River Lipper by a Jake female. So you can see how seriously line bred Jeb is. He will be an awesome Reproducer. I'm banking on it. I've hunted with the bottom side of Jebs pedigree and that entire side of the cross were bad news coondogs. They started young and never had to coaxed to hunt,run, or tree. I saw that Bo and Independence dogs strike and tree some of the coldest hard to tree coons you could find.
He's a lot cheaper to breed to than Bone and I believe we will see that he's a sound sound stud. He's solid. What a classy tree dog and I'll put his accuracy up against anybodies Gr.Nt. CH. .

Old Post 07-25-2016 04:17 AM
chad west
UKC Forum Member

It sure was a real good cross my opinion anyway. Just shows John done his homework before making that cross a little over 3 yrs ago . Wouldn't mind trying another one out of ol Penny hint hint . I'll try to get down your way shortly.

'NITECH' WEST'S REPO COLLECTOR
    GRNITECH PKC CH WEST'S BIG JIM TREE JAMMER{RIP}

Old Post 07-25-2016 10:30 PM
chad west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad west Click here to Send chad west a Private Message Find more posts by chad west Add chad west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Thanks fellas. It sure has been fun the last couple of years, and it ain't over yet!!

I would really like to breed Penny again. She was bred to one of the best reproducers of all time, but I still firmly believe the female is 50% of what you get. And Penny threw one dang fine litter.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 07-26-2016 04:34 PM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

I won both casts with Jeb last night at a PKC double header. This was the first hunt I've taken him to since his win at the RQE. He did some nice work. Both casts were won with plus points by the way 👍 He treed the only coon scored on in the 1st hunt out of 3 casts. It was raining when we started the 2nd cast, but Jeb didn't care.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Last edited by SFWALKER on 07-31-2016 at 09:51 AM

Old Post 07-31-2016 08:01 AM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Jeb and I won $108 tonight at a CHKC hunt. Jeb just keeps on winning casts.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Last edited by SFWALKER on 08-07-2016 at 08:26 AM

Old Post 08-07-2016 06:16 AM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Still have 1 female up for grabs out of Jeb X Mandy. These pups are bred right.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 08-14-2016 05:50 PM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

bump

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 08-25-2016 03:12 AM
Tom Cats kennel
Banned

Good looking hound

Great looking dog I love that dark cherry brown on hounds, he is bred out the ass to how many pups has he had so far

Old Post 08-25-2016 03:47 AM
Tom Cats kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom Cats kennel Click here to Send Tom Cats kennel a Private Message Click Here to Email Tom Cats kennel Find more posts by Tom Cats kennel Add Tom Cats kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Thank you. Jeb only has 1 litter so far. They turn 7 weeks old friday. Already can't wait to get mine in the woods.

Had someone back out so there is 1 female left.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 08-25-2016 04:03 AM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Had a good time at the PKC Tennessee River Classic this past weekend. Jeb didn't bring his A game, but he held his own against some of the all time big winners. It didn't work out our way, but it was still a blast.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 08-30-2016 05:01 PM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

I've been hunting Jeb a good bit getting him ready for the zones. It has been terribly dry here and some of the tracks have been tough, but he's been showing me coons every night. He will at least be in shape for the zones!!

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 09-06-2016 05:04 PM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Jeb's first litter is showing a lot of promise. They aren't quite 4 months old yet, but they are some good acting pups. The male that I kept is incredibly intelligent and is a sure enough looker.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 11-01-2016 02:52 AM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 11-12-2016 02:15 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Boys....don't overlook Jeb for your next

Cross.
John doesn't brag in his dogs, he just hunts the hair off them.
He took Jebs sister Nt. CH. Gr.CH Pearl by herself last nite and treed 7 singles. She has a handle on her just like Jeb. One of those he had to call her back across a giant Creek she had to swim. This was one heck of a cross on Bone Collector. If you can't afford Bone, I'd suggest you drive to North Ms and breed to one bad motor scooter of a coondog!! So is his sister.
Oh yea...she is instant death to a coon.

Old Post 11-12-2016 05:31 PM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Mr. Rick. That sure was a great hunt, wish you would have been able to make it. But to make you feel better, I didn't have to walk very far all night, it was big, open clean timber with easy walking, completely flat, and for the last tree she came all the way back to within 150 yards of the truck on the side of a road. It was rough 😬

Seriously though, I don't mind hunting alone at all, but I wish someone else could have gotten to hear and see that hunt. These dogs keep me wanting to go back every night. Even when they aren't perfect, it's still never a bad hunt.

Mr. Rick, I will try to get with you in the middle of the week for a hunt.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Last edited by SFWALKER on 11-13-2016 at 04:36 PM

Old Post 11-13-2016 04:06 PM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

I could care less about an early starting pup, and I personally never mess with them at all until 6 or 7 months old, except for getting used to loading up in the truck and going for short rides. Jeb's first litter is 4 months and 3 weeks old yesterday. I have a male pup off that litter. The only coon he has ever seen or smelled is a dead one i brought home one night for him to mess with. I let him spend about 10 minutes with it. That was when he was about 3 months old.

I took his grandmother (Penny) hunting 2 nights ago and figured it would be a good time to load my pup up and go for a quick hunt. Penny made quick work of a track and had a coon treed in just a few minutes. I found the coon pretty quick and looked at the tree and my pup was up on it smelling up the tree. I walked over to him and petted him up a little bit and he barked a few times. I couldn't believe it. First time in the woods and was barking at scent only. I knocked it out and let him get a little taste. I hung it up and had him treeing good in no time. Cut them loose one more time and he went several hundred yards with her before coming back. I was extremely pleased with his first time ever in the woods.

The next night I took him by himself close to the house for a short little walk. I was watching him and all of a sudden his nose smelled something he liked. He started going back and forth under a tree. I looked up and saw the coon sitting there. He was a few feet from the tree with his nose to the ground and I eased over to the tree. I just put my hand on the tree one time and that little sucker fell out treeing every breath. Had my buddy stay with him while I went back to the truck to get the rifle. He never missed a beat the whole time I was gone. Treeing every breath while my buddy just sat back and watched. Held him back while I knocked the coon out just to make sure it was dead (don't want him to get eaten up just yet lol). The coon hit the ground dead, and that little sucker pile drived that coon like he had done it a hundred times. I still can't believe it.

Time will tell, but for now, Jeb is everything I hoped and expected him to be as a reproducer. My pup treed on scent only on his second night in the woods, his first time by himself, and after only seeing 2 coons in his life, both dead. I've never seen a more natural pup in my life, not even Jeb.

Have to give credit to the female, Greg Stull's Stylish Mandy. A quality female is just as important as the stud.

This is 'PR' Southern Farms Bohannon

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Last edited by SFWALKER on 12-02-2016 at 06:28 PM

Old Post 12-02-2016 06:07 PM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Couple more pics of Bohannon from last night.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 12-02-2016 06:30 PM
RAT Mafia
UKC Forum Member

Thanks and congrats John!

Old Post 12-03-2016 03:18 AM
RAT Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RAT Mafia Click here to Send RAT Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email RAT Mafia Find more posts by RAT Mafia Add RAT Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Hey Greg, thank YOU!! I'm honored that Jeb got to breed Mandy, especially for his first litter. And I'm dang glad I was able to get a pup out of Mandy.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 12-04-2016 06:16 PM
chad west
UKC Forum Member

Looks like u got u another nice pup in the works. I hope he's makes u another fine hound . I enjoyed hunting with your topnotch hounds Thanksgiving weekend. It shows in your hounds that you expect the best out of them and they give you 110% every time u cut them. Your a true houndsman John it shows in the way your dogs perform.

'NITECH' WEST'S REPO COLLECTOR
    GRNITECH PKC CH WEST'S BIG JIM TREE JAMMER{RIP}

Last edited by chad west on 12-04-2016 at 11:53 PM

Old Post 12-04-2016 11:39 PM
chad west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad west Click here to Send chad west a Private Message Find more posts by chad west Add chad west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote