UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Snow!!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Snow!!!

First snow this morning at my house. Less then an inch, but ground is covered.

You can't fix STUPID!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-16-2020 04:48 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan K Webb
UKC Forum Member

Bob,
Is this early for you guys to get a snow or is this about normal?

Old Post 10-16-2020 05:38 PM
Bryan K Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan K Webb Click here to Send Bryan K Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan K Webb Find more posts by Bryan K Webb Add Bryan K Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

About—

Once every 4 years we get a snow in October

Will always remember the Halloween storm of 1991 let left 37 inches in Duluth. We had over a foot in the Central part of the State

Old Post 10-16-2020 07:31 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Woke up to our first snow of the season this morning.

Old Post 10-17-2020 09:16 PM
houndsound is online now Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Had 3-1/2” on the ground here in NH this morning. Mostly gone now in the open areas.

Old Post 10-17-2020 11:14 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by houndsound
Woke up to our first snow of the season this morning.

Ol boy looks like he's sayin this stinks

Old Post 10-19-2020 10:14 PM
RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Tomorrow Oct, 24, coon season starts in my area of Minnesota. We had about 9 inches of snow this week and cold temps. Temps for next few days are day time middle 20's Night time single digits. Usually when weather is like this coon don't move much. Looks like I'll have to wait and hope weather will warm up and some of this snow melts.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 10-24-2020 01:56 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Same here Bob.... We went from a hot drought to a foot of snow and freezing temps overnight..... No Fall for us. Terrible terrible coon hunting.

Old Post 10-24-2020 04:52 AM
houndsound is online now Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bob and houndsound

I feel for you guys, no way could I tolerate winter starting in October. I honestly do not see how you guys can stand all that snow and cold weather. Definitely not something I could take. Dave

Old Post 10-24-2020 09:00 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Bob---

Did you see where Jerry Lang passed this last week. Funeral is Tuesday.

Old Post 10-24-2020 12:12 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bob and houndsound

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I feel for you guys, no way could I tolerate winter starting in October. I honestly do not see how you guys can stand all that snow and cold weather. Definitely not something I could take. Dave

Pension..... not wanting to walk away from my pension is what keeps me here now. About 30 seconds after my 20 years are put in I will be relocating to a better part of the country- better climate, and better coon hunting, primary emphasis on a place with thicker coon population.

Old Post 10-24-2020 01:15 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Mr. Bob---

quote:
Originally posted by OLD TIMER
Did you see where Jerry Lang passed this last week. Funeral is Tuesday.

Yes, I seen it. I have a pre-op Dr. appt. on Tuesday.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 10-24-2020 03:37 PM
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Ten degrees today.... But at least the snow has quit. Dogs are not impressed.

Old Post 10-25-2020 10:36 PM