UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Mr Carl Smiths Mt Curs
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Who? Doesnt understand percentages ? ...... looks ta me like mark does. It aint "rocket " cur breeding!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-22-2014 02:39 PM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
capstan
Banned

Pretty sure he wasn't the genius that said a dog couldn't be 68% anything.

Old Post 04-22-2014 03:32 PM
capstan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for capstan Click here to Send capstan a Private Message Find more posts by capstan Add capstan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Mills
UKC Forum Member

lot of hate man

Wow been in competition beagles for years and well.......i see the cur world has its share of envy too.....

I wldnt worry too much m morrison bout this guy

Old Post 04-23-2014 12:13 AM
Bill Mills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Mills Click here to Send Bill Mills a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill Mills Visit Bill Mills's homepage! Find more posts by Bill Mills Add Bill Mills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GARNER
UKC Forum Member

who is this Streak dog y'all speak of?

Old Post 04-24-2014 03:42 AM
GARNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GARNER Click here to Send GARNER a Private Message Find more posts by GARNER Add GARNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fycedogs
Banned

Re: A little math goes...

quote:
Originally posted by mdmorrison
Goes a long way.......

Twister = Streak's Ben x Streak's Mandy

Ben = 7/8th Smith's Streak

Mandy = 1/2 Smith's Streak

7/8 + 1/2 = 11/8; 11/8 divided by 2 = 11/16th's or 68.75%

Got it?

Oh yeah, I got it. Just disappointed Morrison, I really believed you were smarter than that. Best of luck in your breeding program.

Old Post 04-24-2014 03:46 AM
fycedogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fycedogs Click here to Send fycedogs a Private Message Click Here to Email fycedogs Visit fycedogs's homepage! Find more posts by fycedogs Add fycedogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Treed Deep
UKC Forum Member

STREAK!!!

quote:
Originally posted by GARNER
who is this Streak dog y'all speak of?

Only one of the best OMCBA registered tree dogs to ever live! A statement which can be deemed true by all of the haters who cringe and spit venom at the mention of his name. lol

Old Post 04-24-2014 12:42 PM
Treed Deep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Treed Deep Click here to Send Treed Deep a Private Message Find more posts by Treed Deep Add Treed Deep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdmorrison
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: A little math goes...

quote:
Originally posted by fycedogs
Oh yeah, I got it. Just disappointed Morrison, I really believed you were smarter than that. Best of luck in your breeding program.

Well, Sanders, how about you share with me and the rest of the class the error of my ways on this subject?

In the meantime, let me give you a little advice on the disappointment front: Lower your expectations consistent with the reality of the situation. For example: Because I believe that you don't know possess enough meaningful knowledge about treedogs and breeding to fill a thimble, I'm rarely disappointed in the content of your posts on such subjects, here or elsewhere. See how that works?

Now, run along, spend a couple days mullin' this over, and come back with one of your classic, yet disingenuous, back-biting retorts.

Good luck,

Mark.

Old Post 04-24-2014 01:43 PM
mdmorrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mdmorrison Click here to Send mdmorrison a Private Message Click Here to Email mdmorrison Visit mdmorrison's homepage! Find more posts by mdmorrison Add mdmorrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

Re: STREAK!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Treed Deep
Only one of the best OMCBA registered tree dogs to ever live! A statement which can be deemed true by all of the haters who cringe and spit venom at the mention of his name. lol

And how long have you been into Mountain Curs? ROFLMAO

Old Post 04-24-2014 07:58 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Wilson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: STREAK!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Al Medcalf
And how long have you been into Mountain Curs? ROFLMAO
Easy AL don't come un glued on him. Lol

Old Post 04-24-2014 08:15 PM
Jason Wilson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Wilson Click here to Send Jason Wilson a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Wilson Find more posts by Jason Wilson Add Jason Wilson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdmorrison
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: STREAK!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wilson
Easy AL don't come un glued on him. Lol

Never trust a Dirty Santa that hunts sled dogs!

LOL!!!

Old Post 04-24-2014 08:30 PM
mdmorrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mdmorrison Click here to Send mdmorrison a Private Message Click Here to Email mdmorrison Visit mdmorrison's homepage! Find more posts by mdmorrison Add mdmorrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Wilson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: STREAK!!!

quote:
Originally posted by mdmorrison

Never trust a Dirty Santa that hunts sled dogs!

LOL!!!

lol.dang mark your chunkin the fire.

Old Post 04-24-2014 09:27 PM
Jason Wilson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Wilson Click here to Send Jason Wilson a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Wilson Find more posts by Jason Wilson Add Jason Wilson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Wilson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: STREAK!!!

quote:
lol.dang mark your chunkin the fire.
You might be looking at the next Georgia state possum champion. When we get the possum club rollin your going to want you some sled dog blood.

Old Post 04-24-2014 09:31 PM
mdmorrison
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: STREAK!!!

quote:
You might be looking at the next Georgia state possum champion. When we get the possum club rollin your going to want you some sled dog blood.

Al hates when I say such things.........but I look at possum treeing about like I do timbering a squirrel........Most mutts will do both, but it takes a little discipline to refrain from either!

Ha!!!

Old Post 04-24-2014 09:40 PM
odg
UKC Forum Member

thats one of the best looking busher dogs i have seen

Old Post 04-24-2014 10:17 PM
odg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for odg Click here to Send odg a Private Message Click Here to Email odg Find more posts by odg Add odg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

Counselor, they sound just as good treeing a possum as they do a coon. I score points with a .22 not a pen and paper.

As far as timbering, it takes a mighty dumb dog to watch a varmint that he has treed, leave the tree and him not follow. I'll never figure out that mentality.

You are sort of misdirected but I still like you.

Old Post 04-24-2014 10:17 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
northga
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by arkansas cooner
I know this is an old post but I hate to break it to people but I know for a FACT that Carl Smith bred Grey Mamma to Bill Bargers feist, that's how he come up with streak. I also know that him and bill still do some dog switching because both of their line of dogs are almost the same thing. Carl runs down the busher line because he says they're just a 1\4 cur and the rest hound. What a hypocrite. Me and him had this conversation about busher dogs and that's what he said Joey Denison thinks the same way. But he is sitting on a kennel that is really freeing fiest.. Yeahh I'll stick with foundation stock myself.

Just saw this... There have been so many stories on who bred gray momma and what to and how Streak came about. What is really funny a lot of cur men bred to Streaks sire but there was only one streak....

Old Post 11-01-2014 10:37 AM
northga is offline Click Here to See the Profile for northga Click here to Send northga a Private Message Click Here to Email northga Find more posts by northga Add northga to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce White
UKC Forum Member

I have been to Carl's two times and bought two nice squirrel dogs. HE'S forgot more about tree dogs than a lot of coffee table hunters ever knew. He always treated me nice. I guess lots of people are envious of Carl Smith.

Old Post 11-03-2014 02:26 PM
Bruce White is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce White Click here to Send Bruce White a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce White Find more posts by Bruce White Add Bruce White to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

Most folks treat you nice when you are there to buy something....At least that's been my experience.

Old Post 11-03-2014 02:45 PM
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

I know a fellow that bought several dogs from him and he even guaranteed them, to he needed to cash in on one of those guarantees. Then it wasn't worth the paper it wasn't wrote on.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 11-03-2014 05:06 PM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeeterhawk7
UKC Forum Member

nccatfisher

Usually been my experience a man is only as good as his word !

Old Post 11-03-2014 06:38 PM
skeeterhawk7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeeterhawk7 Click here to Send skeeterhawk7 a Private Message Click Here to Email skeeterhawk7 Find more posts by skeeterhawk7 Add skeeterhawk7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.S. Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Why is it people were so against Streak Jr. I have heard his name mentioned alot and the arguments usually follows. What did he do so wrong. Was it his breeding that everybody questions ? Was it his looks ? Most of the arguments i have read have been about a dog out of streak and not what Streak did . Im just curious why alot of people hate him. Im neither for or against him right now. Also what makes the rest of yall like him.

The Old Dog

Gunters Hardwoods Hank - Walker - Cumberland River Marvin x Peppermint Pepper

Girly Girl - Feist - Super Sport x Gannons Heidi

The Pups

Gunters Sweet Tn Kandy Kane - Redbone - Kodak x Ruby

Old Post 11-04-2014 01:30 AM
S.S. Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S.S. Kennels Click here to Send S.S. Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email S.S. Kennels Find more posts by S.S. Kennels Add S.S. Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

He is (Streak) both liked and disliked for what he won and produced.

Old Post 11-04-2014 03:20 AM
McSquizzie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for McSquizzie Click here to Send McSquizzie a Private Message Find more posts by McSquizzie Add McSquizzie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeeterhawk7
UKC Forum Member

I myself like the old line of Busher dogs from what I've seen and heard others that I trust about what they have to say about them, everyone has a opinion on dogs, Curs, Feists, whatever, but if someone wins a bunch of hunts with their Cur whether it's a cross breed with whatever I'm proud for them and not jealous one bit, I for one though want my Cur as pure bred as is out there but that's just me and I'm the one that's got to feed and hunt it, Carl Smith whatever u bred to get Streak I'm proud for u and the wins u put on him !

Old Post 11-05-2014 12:18 AM
skeeterhawk7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeeterhawk7 Click here to Send skeeterhawk7 a Private Message Click Here to Email skeeterhawk7 Find more posts by skeeterhawk7 Add skeeterhawk7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RawhideSmith
UKC Forum Member

I thought cur meant a mixture of hunting dogs. Maybe some black & tan crossed on terrier, then back on plot, then maybe some other hunting cross, ones that preformed well and suited their masters. A cur dog to me is one that will guard the back door at night, run around to the front door if necessary to bark at strangers, keep the coons and deer out of the corn and peas at night, follow their master into the woods to tree squirrels, track a downed deer, run off a wild hog in the watermelons, tree a coon at night if asked, fight a bear who tries to raid the root cellar. That's what I want in a cur dog.

Old Post 12-12-2014 09:07 PM
RawhideSmith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RawhideSmith Click here to Send RawhideSmith a Private Message Click Here to Email RawhideSmith Find more posts by RawhideSmith Add RawhideSmith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RawhideSmith
I thought cur meant a mixture of hunting dogs. Maybe some black & tan crossed on terrier, then back on plot, then maybe some other hunting cross, ones that preformed well and suited their masters. A cur dog to me is one that will guard the back door at night, run around to the front door if necessary to bark at strangers, keep the coons and deer out of the corn and peas at night, follow their master into the woods to tree squirrels, track a downed deer, run off a wild hog in the watermelons, tree a coon at night if asked, fight a bear who tries to raid the root cellar. That's what I want in a cur dog.
Then you would be in the minority that are satisfied with 75% of the cur dogs that are being peddled everywhere. Except most of them wouldn't tree a hot biscuit.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 12-12-2014 11:14 PM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote