UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > real coon dogs
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Millwood
If PKC has such crappy dogs all of whiners should take all of your coon treers to PKC and clean house! Fact of the mater is yall probabably dont have the dog power.. The reason more coons are seen in UKC is due to 2 different things, Hunting buckets or simply plussing coons that are not there.. As far as the slick handlers go, are yall talking about the ones that know the rules and wont let you slide like some of your back yard UKC hunters? Another fact if you know the rules it dont matter about other handlers! I can tell you one thing Ive seen better competition at our local $25 PKC hunts than at the UKC zones this year!
Milwood you are better with words than I. This is exactly what I was trying to say in my earlier post. PKC bashing hunters consider a handler that knows and enforces rules slick or professional. I have drawed as many slick treeing idiots in ukc as pkc. Maybe more. If the ones that are bashing pkc would just buy a hound that could win, they would not be bashing, they would be making money instead. Money or trophy?? Seems to me the smart one would pick money. It works real well for me.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-09-2011 08:15 PM
Bobby Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Reynolds Click here to Send Bobby Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Reynolds Find more posts by Bobby Reynolds Add Bobby Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Ive hunted against 1 dog that impressed me in the last few years and it was John Livelys lil D dog. Hes fast and accurate and thats 2 good traits that you dont usually find in the same dog.
I have drawn Lil D twice, he is a nice hound. He didn't win either cast, but did do some nice work. Guys one thing you should remember, Pkc is not a leisure hunt. When you enter a hunt where money is to be won, you better know the rules, have a good hound, and be a even better handler. Everyone in that cast is there for one reason, and they have a hound that can win, and most KNOW the rules. I know of 4 guys in our local club that does not have any of the above and will sit and bash pkc all night. They realy don't hunt anything that could win any hunt and are so blind to there own dogs ability, that all they can do is make excuses. Facts are facts and opinions are opinions. Fact: there are some great dogs in all KCs. Opinions: there are better dogs in PKC. JMO

Old Post 10-09-2011 08:28 PM
Bobby Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Reynolds Click here to Send Bobby Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Reynolds Find more posts by Bobby Reynolds Add Bobby Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Millwood
UKC Forum Member

People bad mouth pkc, complain about slick handlers and so on.. Im not denying the fact that theyres cheaters.. Good handlers that know the rules and know their dog are a totally different thing from cheaters.. Pkc rules are taylored to fit the fact that theyres money involved thats the reason they dont require plus points to win.. If theyres no winner then you have another problem, who gets the money?.. Ive heard people bad mouth Pkc that admit to never hunting it.. Its says alot to me about them that alot of their major events are won by scoring 2 or 3 coons and not some 1600 plus..

Old Post 10-09-2011 08:55 PM
Jon Millwood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jon Millwood Click here to Send Jon Millwood a Private Message Find more posts by Jon Millwood Add Jon Millwood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nat Thomas
Banned

The bottom line is that there are nicer dogs hunted in PKC. How many guys do you know that are going to go pay a 50-60$ entry fee packing a chiteater. You might draw some of the same dogs that you draw at ukc at a local pkc hunt but if you start running the circuit you are going to find out what a coondog is real quick. Very very few pkc casts are won without plus points. That's just an easy cop out for someone who isn't packing enough dog.

Making a dog a GRNTCH isn't that hard... go make one a Platinum Ch and see how much the GRNTCH title actually means. I mean... you have the right to be proud of putting a ukc title on your dog... but look back and see how many nice nice dogs you drew to accomplish it. Go to a big pkc and hunt and basically all of the dogs are already GRNTs and I promise that you are going to draw a high percentage of really nice hounds.

One last thing... I've never seen as many whiney crybaby handlers in pkc as I have in ukc. Its actually quite comical.

Old Post 10-09-2011 10:05 PM
Nat Thomas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nat Thomas Click here to Send Nat Thomas a Private Message Click Here to Email Nat Thomas Find more posts by Nat Thomas Add Nat Thomas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cry Tough Blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
People bad mouth pkc, complain about slick handlers and so on.. Im not denying the fact that theyres cheaters.. Good handlers that know the rules and know their dog are a totally different thing from cheaters.. Pkc rules are taylored to fit the fact that theyres money involved thats the reason they dont require plus points to win.. If theyres no winner then you have another problem, who gets the money?.. Ive heard people bad mouth Pkc that admit to never hunting it.. Its says alot to me about them that alot of their major events are won by scoring 2 or 3 coons and not some 1600 plus..

x2 plus i totally agree with engishman when he says start running the pkc circuit and see what caliber of hounds you hunt against. i challenge anyone who hasnt been to a 200 dollar pro-am with an added 1000 dollar purse to go spectate and see what's being hunted. it will for sure open your eyes.

Last edited by Cry Tough Blues on 10-09-2011 at 10:54 PM

Old Post 10-09-2011 10:50 PM
Cry Tough Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cry Tough Blues Click here to Send Cry Tough Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Cry Tough Blues Add Cry Tough Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Whordel
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Englishman
The bottom line is that there are nicer dogs hunted in PKC. How many guys do you know that are going to go pay a 50-60$ entry fee packing a chiteater. You might draw some of the same dogs that you draw at ukc at a local pkc hunt but if you start running the circuit you are going to find out what a coondog is real quick. Very very few pkc casts are won without plus points. That's just an easy cop out for someone who isn't packing enough dog.

Making a dog a GRNTCH isn't that hard... go make one a Platinum Ch and see how much the GRNTCH title actually means. I mean... you have the right to be proud of putting a ukc title on your dog... but look back and see how many nice nice dogs you drew to accomplish it. Go to a big pkc and hunt and basically all of the dogs are already GRNTs and I promise that you are going to draw a high percentage of really nice hounds.

One last thing... I've never seen as many whiney crybaby handlers in pkc as I have in ukc. Its actually quite comical.

I wouldnt exactly agree with this.I would say you are hunting PKC because you have more money than me.I only ever lost 1 PKC hunt with my old dog at the local clubs but never did have the extra cash to enter him in the big money hunts.Back then I couldnt gamble losing $50-$60 plus Gas,hotel and eating expensives because that would buy my family plenty of groceries and may pay a few bills.Titles dont mean a thing to me,if your packing a coondog your packing a coondog.

2012 Autumn Oaks Cast Win
2012 Qualified Lee Crawford
2012 Qualified Purina National
2013 Walker Days Cast Win
2013 Qualified ACHA World
2 Wins toward Grand
Back to work so the hunting and hunts are over for now lol.
*2013 Performance Sire*

***RIP Gr.Nt.Ch River Kennel Rock***

Chris Cordle
BOSS LIGHTS
CCC
Carter County Cooners

Old Post 10-09-2011 10:59 PM
Whordel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Whordel Click here to Send Whordel a Private Message Find more posts by Whordel Add Whordel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joey

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
We all know I like Pkc. It really don't matter though. I want hunt but 10 or so hunts a year. Now that being said. I've not saw a dog in any registry that's made me take notice. Ain't saw one in years! So I guess the real coondogs must be hiding somewhere??

The only thing I have hunted with that impressed me in a long time was the Hell Billy dog and he is dead now.

Old Post 10-09-2011 11:10 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Joey
The only thing I have hunted with that impressed me in a long time was the Hell Billy dog and he is dead now.
I hunted with him one night when he was younger. Dead cast that night. Harry bawls beat us the hour got us. We were treed way in there on time out and harry has a handle on him. Ours didn't.lol.I know I felt sorry for billy that night. He got eat up at the tree by a primetime light broke dog. Id liked to have saw hellbilly go later on when he was cranking..

Old Post 10-09-2011 11:34 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GRAVEDIGGER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by john Duemmer
Once a dog is granded out in UKC. it becomes pretty much worthless to a Comp. hunter unless he goes to PKC. Wold be nice if UKC. offerd some incentive for the guys to break out the Grands. I think this is the main reason you see a little better quality dog at the PKC. hunts.

The Performance Program was suppose to be the incentive for people to keep hunting GrNtChs instead of retiring them, or going to another KC to hunt. But, with the point value so low it's hard for them to compete with the other KC's.

IMO, if they tweeked the program and turned Autumn Oaks (NGrNtCh) into some sort of qualification race and only took say only the top 64 GrNtCh's in the country for a separate Invitational, along with an open GrNt event it might spark some interest. Otherwise, if you have a good GrNtCh and like to compete, you don't have very much reason to hit a local hunt.

2005 Plott Days Champion, 2 time Isiaiah Kidd Award Winner
GrNtCh Millenium Magic Doc's Heyzuess
2013 Ntl GrNtCh Plott Breed Winner

Old Post 10-15-2011 05:00 AM
GRAVEDIGGER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GRAVEDIGGER Click here to Send GRAVEDIGGER a Private Message Click Here to Email GRAVEDIGGER Find more posts by GRAVEDIGGER Add GRAVEDIGGER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deron Shuler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
I hunted with him one night when he was younger. Dead cast that night. Harry bawls beat us the hour got us. We were treed way in there on time out and harry has a handle on him. Ours didn't.lol.I know I felt sorry for billy that night. He got eat up at the tree by a primetime light broke dog. Id liked to have saw hellbilly go later on when he was cranking..

Hey Ghorley,
We both know why Harry had a handle on him...lol...Ole Billy sure was eat up. I miss that dog........

Old Post 10-15-2011 06:09 AM
Deron Shuler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deron Shuler Click here to Send Deron Shuler a Private Message Click Here to Email Deron Shuler Find more posts by Deron Shuler Add Deron Shuler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C Ehlinger
UKC Forum Member

oh

quote:
Originally posted by amazingcursouth
i like hunting the hunts, and i like UKC ACHA PKC NKC. all have good hunts, but i will say this. PKC brings out the high caliber dogs. You don't show up to hunt for a truck or 25 k with a tree happy dog. you better have something that can show you some fur. Plus points wins the money, and if a guy as plus and you don't your out. Most guys that hunt ukc also hunt pkc. so when the caliber of your dog rises you will enjoy them all. hey I can even pull out my ol cur dog and run PKC. them boys hate getting beat by an ol cur dog. lol
is that why u see in pro hound these biger pkc hunts the final casts win with mines points because they have a dog that shows u the fur!!!!!

Old Post 10-15-2011 04:49 PM
C Ehlinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C Ehlinger Click here to Send C Ehlinger a Private Message Click Here to Email C Ehlinger Find more posts by C Ehlinger Add C Ehlinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Deron Shuler
Hey Ghorley,
We both know why Harry had a handle on him...lol...Ole Billy sure was eat up. I miss that dog........

Yeah buddy! LOL.. I bet you miss him. You should try and come back around sometime. You still huntin?

Old Post 10-15-2011 04:50 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Re: oh

quote:
Originally posted by C Ehlinger
is that why u see in pro hound these biger pkc hunts the final casts win with mines points because they have a dog that shows u the fur!!!!!

Altho it does happen, it does not happen often. I wonder what kinda scores UKC would have if they had final cast at 3 am with dogs running alot of times on ground that was hunted just a couple hours before.

You think its easy to get into one of these final cast try it. It takes a good score just to make a final four cut at a major event. You wont do it without a good plus point score. This is also done under a set of rules that is not as easy to build a high score.

Tree positions closing, 100 for a first tree, then cut back in for 25 strike just to name a few.

Old Post 10-16-2011 04:41 PM
elvis
UKC Forum Member

I hunt both and find it tuff to win in either one.

I prefer one over the other but it has nothing to do with the quality of the dogs. The other seems a bit too "clickish" to suit me.

Old Post 10-17-2011 12:15 AM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greg stull
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by elvis
I hunt both and find it tuff to win in either one.

I prefer one over the other but it has nothing to do with the quality of the dogs. The other seems a bit too "clickish" to suit me.

I HAVE WON MY SHARE OF CAST IN BOTH AND COULD NOT AGREE MORE WITH THIS POST. CLICKISH IS A GOOD WORD FOR IT.

Old Post 10-17-2011 04:40 AM
greg stull is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greg stull Click here to Send greg stull a Private Message Click Here to Email greg stull Find more posts by greg stull Add greg stull to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nick@wipeoutsis
UKC Forum Member

CH GRAND NIGHT CHAMPION OPP SEX 2011 NC STATE CHAMPION UKC TEAM GAINES'S WIPEOUT SISSY COON DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!
LOL

Old Post 10-17-2011 04:48 AM
nick@wipeoutsis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nick@wipeoutsis Click here to Send nick@wipeoutsis a Private Message Click Here to Email nick@wipeoutsis Find more posts by nick@wipeoutsis Add nick@wipeoutsis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric Werry
UKC Forum Member

Re: real coon dogs

quote:
Originally posted by joshua smith
is it just me or does everybody these days want high dollar pups off of dogs with a lott of degrees. no offense to anyone but it seems like all i can find anymore is dogs that are to tree happy and not enough track. everybody round here run there dogs on feeders and dont train them to find there own coon to run. then you go to a hunt and make alot of trees and see very few coons. every time i take a cast to my faverat spots people say there ant no coons here. but the funny thing is i tree coons there all the time. and these dogs there hunting a lot of times are supposed to be off of high dollar dogs. i guess that why everyone hunts pkc nowadays just got to have a tree dog. just like the world hunt a few years ago. every one hunted over feeders any dog can tree coons on feeders. feeder dogs arent coon dogs.
If I can afford one sure, why not...I hunt feeders, i.e....wild oak trees-Standing corn, soy been fields, creeks w/crawfish and minnows, ect ect...Then also the man made feeders....I hunt both PKC and UKC....not every dog can tree on a man made feeder not every dog can tree a hard coon...I have to ask if you were with these guys in a hunt, did your dog tree the coon, and theirs didn't? I'm not really for sure what your getting at...Sounds like your bitter about something, Josh, but it sounds like your bitter because you don't have a dog that can hunt both, jmo...from the post. Great hunting to you y-all!!

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/SlingbladeBluesfriendsandI006.jpg
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/Belle030.jpg
Picture of Me and The Man, Ed Meade
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/2011Blues085.jpg
**Follow us on photobucket**
EWerry's Album

Old Post 10-28-2011 03:04 AM
Eric Werry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Werry Click here to Send Eric Werry a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Werry Visit Eric Werry's homepage! Find more posts by Eric Werry Add Eric Werry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
terno
UKC Forum Member

every hunt i go too i hear the same thing.....ukc hunters sayin that that it is bull that you can win a cast with plus and pkc hunters sayin that ukc hunters plus every tree you go too.....lol....ill just keep makin these platinum champs and grnite champs and let yall argue about that.....the only difference i have seen in the two is that ukc hunters show up 3 hrs early and bs till it is time to hunt and pkc hunters show 5 min till deadline or late.........same type of dogs in both good and bad......around here it is the same people at most....i will hunt them all as long as i can......jmo

Old Post 10-28-2011 05:57 AM
terno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for terno Click here to Send terno a Private Message Click Here to Email terno Find more posts by terno Add terno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

a real dog is a real dog in ukc or pkc, or in your own backyard timber.

Old Post 10-29-2011 10:17 PM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric Werry
UKC Forum Member

I Agree

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
a real dog is a real dog in ukc or pkc, or in your own backyard timber.
or your neighbors back yard, out of county, out of state in that other guys standing timber. If not Shoot that dog, or be happy with it...No excuses...Dogs are Dogs, period!

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/SlingbladeBluesfriendsandI006.jpg
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/Belle030.jpg
Picture of Me and The Man, Ed Meade
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/2011Blues085.jpg
**Follow us on photobucket**
EWerry's Album

Old Post 10-30-2011 12:18 AM
Eric Werry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Werry Click here to Send Eric Werry a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Werry Visit Eric Werry's homepage! Find more posts by Eric Werry Add Eric Werry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote