UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pleasure Hunter or Comp Hunter
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Pleasure Hunter or Comp Hunter

How many guys are still out hunting their dog every night even though there aren't any more comp hunts to go to?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-19-2020 01:31 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Been catfishing and picking morel mushrooms been eating good !!

Tar

Old Post 03-19-2020 01:35 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Told my wife this wasn't affecting me much except not being able to go to church. Still hunting my old dogs almost every night. Not gonna catch Covid 19 out there in the timber.

Old Post 03-19-2020 01:46 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

I pleasure hunt 3 to 5 times a week. Almost never competition hunt anymore. Don’t care if I ever do again. I’m retiring May 15 and plan on wearing my 2 dogs out.

Old Post 03-19-2020 01:51 AM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac
I pleasure hunt 3 to 5 times a week. Almost never competition hunt anymore. Don’t care if I ever do again. I’m retiring May 15 and plan on wearing my 2 dogs out.

Good for you!

Old Post 03-19-2020 01:58 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

I pleasure hunt every night I can I enjoy it listening to a hound do a good job usually like an open mouth dog but I bought a little female out of Camo man that is almost stone cold has a male dog mouth I find it exciting to hear that big locate and just fall treed made 7 trees saw six coon and a den I like it. But I lkike to hear a race also never had one stone cold before had them tight but not silent.

Old Post 03-19-2020 02:08 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac
Congrats to you and enjoy your time....

Old Post 03-19-2020 02:25 AM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

still hunting 3-4 nights but about to get boat out and hit the water. gonna be the only thing you can do around here.

Old Post 03-19-2020 01:43 PM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pleasure Hunter or Comp Hunter

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
How many guys are still out hunting their dog every night even though there aren't any more comp hunts to go to?

This time of year your crazy NOT to be out almost every night. hunts or no hunts

Old Post 03-19-2020 02:26 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I'm hunting every night. Hunts or no hunts.

Old Post 03-19-2020 02:29 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

depends

Trying to go every other nite as usual.Depends on the weather now more than when I was a younger whipper snapper!

Old Post 03-19-2020 05:31 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rush Run Rebel
UKC Forum Member

yeppers

usually average 4 nights a week, sometimes 5

724-415-7335

Old Post 03-19-2020 06:10 PM
Rush Run Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rush Run Rebel Click here to Send Rush Run Rebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Rush Run Rebel Find more posts by Rush Run Rebel Add Rush Run Rebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Still goin as much as I can, waiting on a long list for hernia surgery, since it’s not life threatening they say I have to wait til all this corona bs passes. I’m off work because of it, so might as well hunt. Never thought I’d be the “truck man” at 32 lol.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 03-19-2020 08:30 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

jkidd

Wishing you the best on your surgery. Dave

Old Post 03-19-2020 10:25 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Dave, thanks ol buddy !! Should be some tough competition at these hunt here in afew months between all these guys having free time to hunt theirs hard and everyone ready to get back to the hunts.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

(Sweat It X Janey)

(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 03-20-2020 01:54 AM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Hey I told you gettin old is ugly. Wishin you the best, give the kids hugs for us.

Old Post 03-20-2020 02:22 AM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

You wasn’t kiddin Roy lol, I didn’t realize how much I was on the go til this, and possible back surgery on top of it. Im not worried about surgery or the Corona virus, the scariest thing I’m dealing with is being locked up in the house with my wife lol. I’ll tell the kids you send your love. Before we know it we’ll be sitting unpacking shade tent at Autumn Oaks listening to dogs bark, drinking something cold!

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

(Sweat It X Janey)

(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 03-20-2020 01:19 PM