UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > College Wrestling
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
z sinnwell
UKC Forum Member

College Wrestling

Anybody else follow college wrestling? The Hawkeyes should be number 1 now!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-11-2007 05:16 PM
z sinnwell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for z sinnwell Click here to Send z sinnwell a Private Message Find more posts by z sinnwell Add z sinnwell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

Rankings mean nothing the only thing that matters is the nationals ISU only lost the championship last year by 9 points they will pull it off this year.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 12-11-2007 07:05 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

I lost interest with Iowa wrestling when the GODFATHER left.............................(Brands is just psycho)

Old Post 12-11-2007 07:10 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

You still have to beat Minnesota at the nationals to be nunber one. Don't think it will happen.

Old Post 12-11-2007 07:21 PM
1939 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1939 Click here to Send 1939 a Private Message Find more posts by 1939 Add 1939 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 1939
You still have to beat Minnesota at the nationals to be nunber one. Don't think it will happen.

I agree...

Old Post 12-11-2007 09:18 PM
josh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh Click here to Send josh a Private Message Click Here to Email josh Find more posts by josh Add josh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kennie G
UKC Forum Member

Iowa should be #1 when the next rankings come out. Iowa St. beat Minn. they become #1, Iowa (at less than full strength) beats Iowa St. now they are #1.

Old Post 12-11-2007 11:11 PM
Kennie G is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kennie G Click here to Send Kennie G a Private Message Find more posts by Kennie G Add Kennie G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
englishhandler
UKC Forum Member

iowa state beat minnesota 18 to 13 they last two weight classes both won and that put them head hey what can you say when you ahve a gold medal olympian as your coach. go iowa state and cale

Old Post 12-11-2007 11:34 PM
englishhandler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for englishhandler Click here to Send englishhandler a Private Message Click Here to Email englishhandler Find more posts by englishhandler Add englishhandler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RH.
UKC Forum Member

Iowa flat out handled ISU this weekend!!! as far as the NCAA's I dont see ISU winning it either..Iowa is coming back and they are coming back strong but I am worried about Minnesota more than anyone.Im not sure how OK State is this year but i'm sure they will be right up there as well. And I cant wait to See Mark Perry become a 2X NCAA Champion.

Old Post 12-11-2007 11:58 PM
RH. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RH. Click here to Send RH. a Private Message Find more posts by RH. Add RH. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Hart
UKC Forum Member

btt

Finally, wrestling like the old days physical and emotional!

Old Post 12-12-2007 12:04 AM
Jason Hart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Hart Click here to Send Jason Hart a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Hart Find more posts by Jason Hart Add Jason Hart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kudzu_blue
UKC Forum Member

sanderson fan here

iowa pulled it off ,i haven't got to see the match. i give the tournament edge to minnesota, i can hardly wait for the southern scuffle. i think cale will build a stronger program than brands in the long run.

any one think chemuras kid will win it this year?

support the southern bluetick association

NITE CH GCH 'PR' COLDNOSE'S WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE

Last edited by kudzu_blue on 12-12-2007 at 05:23 AM

Old Post 12-12-2007 05:18 AM
kudzu_blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kudzu_blue Click here to Send kudzu_blue a Private Message Click Here to Email kudzu_blue Find more posts by kudzu_blue Add kudzu_blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RH.
UKC Forum Member

you do know Gable is still in the iowa wrestling room helping out dont you?

Old Post 12-12-2007 03:02 PM
RH. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RH. Click here to Send RH. a Private Message Find more posts by RH. Add RH. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mulerider
UKC Forum Member

Brands was Gables Pick to succeed him. I think Tom will produce as well if not better than Cale. I did grow up down the street from the Brands boys and watched them terrorize the neighborhood so I may be a bit biased!!!

Old Post 12-12-2007 05:49 PM
mulerider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mulerider Click here to Send mulerider a Private Message Find more posts by mulerider Add mulerider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
z sinnwell
UKC Forum Member

Re: #1

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Bingham
Rankings mean nothing the only thing that matters is the nationals ISU only lost the championship last year by 9 points they will pull it off this year.

Last year was just that, last year. Don't forget about those Iowa boys that transfered back from VT that couldnt wrestle last year. That Metcalf kid was something like 266-0 in high school in Michigan, he is gonna be a force. Matt Fields is also stepping up to his potential this year. ISU got manhandled just like they did last year in the dual and this year Iowa was without a defending National Champ. Iowa, Minnesota, and ISU will be the top three this year. Whats great is once again Iowa wrestlers can say something they havent be able to say for a couple years, they are GABLE TRAINED!!

Old Post 12-12-2007 07:58 PM
z sinnwell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for z sinnwell Click here to Send z sinnwell a Private Message Find more posts by z sinnwell Add z sinnwell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hawk32
UKC Forum Member

Zinwell

How many of the Ia wrestlers in the line up are from the state of ia. I was thinking it was all but one, but I could be wrong. Fb stinks and BB stinks even worse so we got to find something to cheer about. Did you see they rated the Ia lose to W. Mich the worst lose of the year by any program. It even beat out the Mich lose to App St.

Home of:

Grand Nite CH CH Thorson's Tree'n Blue Dutch RIP
Grand Nite CH CH Thorson's Sweet Blue Brandy RIP
Grand Nite Ch Dutch and janes blue Girl

http://dutch32ia.tripod.com/

Old Post 12-12-2007 08:06 PM
Hawk32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawk32 Click here to Send Hawk32 a Private Message Click Here to Email Hawk32 Visit Hawk32's homepage! Find more posts by Hawk32 Add Hawk32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RH.
UKC Forum Member

falck..slaton..leclere..morningstar..kerr..borschel..beatty..feilds are all from iowa and theres a lot more as well that arent in the lineup

Old Post 12-12-2007 10:27 PM
z sinnwell
UKC Forum Member

Corey, I cant believe that lost to W. Mich was as bad as the Michigan lost, thats crazy. I see they just signed a quarterback from southern Iowa thats suppose to be a stud, I think he has the state record in quite a few things. The best thing about college wrestling is most of those kids that wrestle for Iowa, ISU, and Minnesota I remember watching at State wrestling when they were in HS. Says something about this state when it comes to the sport of wrestling. I was there when LeClare and Borschel became four timers, was there when C.J. Ettleson and Mack Reiter did it too. When Morningstar was a junior he beat one of my best friends in the finals, that was a good match. Matt Fields is engaged and gonna marry a girl that I graduated with. That Ballweg, who wrestles behind Metcalf, his dad is my boss at work. I dont know if you have ever been to State wrestling but its awesome, not as good as when it was in the Barn but it is still pretty fun. They did an article in Sports Illustrated about high school wrestling in Iowa and I think it was a girl from Osage who put it best, 'If you want to rob the bank in Iowa, do it during State Wrestling.'

Ricochet-Jay, Brands is a pyscho but in my opinion he is more of a motivater than Zalesky. Zalesky was a great technian, but when he didn't want help from Gable, I didnt care much for him. Brands will put the program back where it was I think.

Old Post 12-13-2007 06:50 AM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Z-man, my older brother always went to Gable's camps and told me of a time when a HWT was smartn' off to Gable during practice. Well you can just imagine what happened. Who else from the days...............the Steiner's, the Lincoln dude, man I'm forgetting a bunch I guess. I had a cousin that wrestled for West.Dubuque that was lucky enough to wrestle Jeff McGinness in high school.

Old Post 12-13-2007 06:59 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
z sinnwell
UKC Forum Member

Jay, I wrestled in the Dan Gable AAU tournament in Waterloo when I was younger, met Gable and talked to him a couple times, the thing I like best about him is he just seems like another farm boy from Iowa. Our wrestling coach at our hs wrestled under Gable at Iowa and said he was the most motivated guy on the planet. He said that Gable used to always say two things, 'I shoot, I score, He shoots, I score' and 'Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.' I've done about 8 reports on him for different hs classes. Through all of Gable's qualifing matches to get into the Olympics and all the way through the Olympics he outscored his opponents 130-1. That guy was amazing in what he has done for the sport. Tom Cruise who wrestled in hs said that his single greatest hero is Dan Gable. Thats pretty cool.

Old Post 12-13-2007 07:16 AM
RH.
UKC Forum Member

The iowa highschool state tournament is the best place to be on earth!

Old Post 12-13-2007 04:52 PM
CoondogUp
UKC Forum Member

My two favorite subjects: coonhunting and wrestling. Latest rankings has Iowa and Iowa State #1 & #2.

http://intermatwrestle.com/college/...anks121107.aspx

HOME OF:

RIP: GRCH GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER (SKIPPER X UNFORGIVENS PAIGE) Frozen Semen Available

RIP: GRNITECH 'PR' IOWA STYLE EXTREME LIZZY (GCH GRNITECH Bear Creek Hanna daughter)

GRWCH GRNITECH GRCH Belly Buster (Drifter x Half Breed Joey)

GRNITECH GRCH Iowa Style Wild Storm (Big D & 6 shots of Clover)

Old Post 12-13-2007 05:32 PM
CoondogUp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CoondogUp Click here to Send CoondogUp a Private Message Click Here to Email CoondogUp Find more posts by CoondogUp Add CoondogUp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jap's cr kennel
UKC Forum Member

i wish i could get iowa wrestling up here i grew up idolizing that program that was my goal to go to iowa fields went to my cousins hs and moringstar was my cousins good friend

Old Post 12-13-2007 09:12 PM
jap's cr kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jap's cr kennel Click here to Send jap's cr kennel a Private Message Find more posts by jap's cr kennel Add jap's cr kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RH.
UKC Forum Member

Me wrestling in conference finals against Kyle Pedretti-2X state Champion

Old Post 12-15-2007 10:26 PM
oldbuck
UKC Forum Member

wrestling

if you have DIRECT T.V. you can watch college wrestling on the big ten network CHANNL 220 . I went to wrestling camp in 1975 at IOWA , HAWK FAN SINCE

Old Post 12-16-2007 03:17 PM
oldbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldbuck Click here to Send oldbuck a Private Message Find more posts by oldbuck Add oldbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldbuck
UKC Forum Member

GO HAWKS

forgot to say i also have dan gables autogragh on the 1975 iowa high school state wrestling cover, and cael sandersens autogragh on my 2003 iowa high school wrestling coachs pass, loved watching both wrestle. AND NO I WON'T SELL THEM lol

Old Post 12-16-2007 03:23 PM
oldbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldbuck Click here to Send oldbuck a Private Message Find more posts by oldbuck Add oldbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RH.
UKC Forum Member

Dan Gable and Eric Juergens at State tournament 2 years ago

Old Post 12-16-2007 04:09 PM