UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > English > Avail semen- Past/deceased Top Reproducers
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Question Avail semen- Past/deceased Top Reproducers

What stud Dogs from the past that were/is good reproducers and still have semen available ?? Lets start a list.
Like ↓↓↓↓
Hardtime Cody Jar ?????
Neuse River ???
Briar creek snake ??
Swamp Cat ?
Anyone who knows facts please feel free to post

Thanks !!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-17-2014 05:47 AM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
william endress
UKC Forum Member

info

Do a search on here and you will see an old post with a list and contacts.

Old Post 08-17-2014 01:03 PM
william endress is offline Click Here to See the Profile for william endress Click here to Send william endress a Private Message Click Here to Email william endress Find more posts by william endress Add william endress to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

Re: info

quote:
Originally posted by william endress
Do a search on here and you will see an old post with a list and contacts.

William, why don't you post the link to that particular thread. I have actually looked on here by searching for that information and not found it.

Home of:
UKC DUAL GR CH PKC CH CHKC Money Winner ALL GRAND YOGI (GR NITE CH MOORE'S HARDTIME ALL GRAND HORN x DUAL GR CH ENGLISHPRIDE'S LITTLE LIZ) 2017 UKC Performance and PKC Super Stakes Sire

UKC DUAL GR CH TREE ROCKN NELLY (DUAL GR CH PKC GOLD CH MAIN STREET ROY X GR NITE CH PKC CH INDIAN RIDGE CINDY) Littermate sister to 2013 UKC WORLD CH GR NITE CH MAIN STREET JOHN THE BAPTIST

PLUS POINT ZINGO (DUAL GRAND CH '98 ENGLISH HALL OF FAME WILCOX THUNDER BINGO semen X CH NITE CH CLONES FRONT PAGE) The only living direct son of Bingo alive today!

Gone but not forgotten:

UKC GR NITE CH PKC CH PLUS POINT BLUE BOY BRUISER (66 "canes" stored at OnceFrozen) Direct son of DUAL GR CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK CADILLAC JACK x CH GR NITE CH '95 UKC World Hunt High Scoring English Female WELLS' LITTLE PATCH

CH GR NITE CH WELLS' LITTLE PATCH (High Scoring English Female 1995 UKC World Hunt) Direct Daughter of GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH DARON'S BLUE REB (LUMIS) x GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH ACHA WORLD CH BUFFALO CREEK PATCH

GR NITE CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK MISSY II (Sister to Dual Grand Clear Creek Cadillac Jack and mother of ACHA World Champion PKC Silver CH Raef's Dollar Bill)

Old Post 08-17-2014 01:57 PM
Okie Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Hunter Click here to Send Okie Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Hunter Find more posts by Okie Hunter Add Okie Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
william endress
UKC Forum Member

here it is

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=154401

Here is the link.

Old Post 08-17-2014 03:30 PM
william endress is offline Click Here to See the Profile for william endress Click here to Send william endress a Private Message Click Here to Email william endress Find more posts by william endress Add william endress to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bill !!

Old Post 08-18-2014 01:44 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Anybody else know of anymore ??

Old Post 08-18-2014 01:46 PM
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

Richard Moore has Swamp Cat semen and has a good supply of it. He also has enough for one or two breedings on Hardtime Rocky semen.

When it comes to Wilcox Thunder Bingo, I have three straws. I believe Del Hudson and John Ferrari also have three straws. Other than that, I'm not sure if there is anymore Bingo semen left. Back when he was collected, three straws was enough for one breeding compared to the current way of storing semen in canes and using one cane per breeding today. I have already spoken with Dr. O'Hanlon from All Pets Medical Center in Altus, Oklahoma and he is going to try and "split" the Bingo semen for me when we use it so I can get two breedings out of the three straws. It all depends on the quality on whether splitting can be done and we wont know that until the day we decide to use it when we unthaw the first straw.

I do believe there is a couple of breedings left of Main Street Roy semen. Not 100% sure on that, but I thought I had heard at one time that there was some Roy semen still on ice. If there is, I am sure Stanley Nichols will find that special female to use it on. Heck, the last time they used frozen semen out of Roy, it produced John the Baptist.

Interesting topic. I hope more people can contribute.

Home of:
UKC DUAL GR CH PKC CH CHKC Money Winner ALL GRAND YOGI (GR NITE CH MOORE'S HARDTIME ALL GRAND HORN x DUAL GR CH ENGLISHPRIDE'S LITTLE LIZ) 2017 UKC Performance and PKC Super Stakes Sire

UKC DUAL GR CH TREE ROCKN NELLY (DUAL GR CH PKC GOLD CH MAIN STREET ROY X GR NITE CH PKC CH INDIAN RIDGE CINDY) Littermate sister to 2013 UKC WORLD CH GR NITE CH MAIN STREET JOHN THE BAPTIST

PLUS POINT ZINGO (DUAL GRAND CH '98 ENGLISH HALL OF FAME WILCOX THUNDER BINGO semen X CH NITE CH CLONES FRONT PAGE) The only living direct son of Bingo alive today!

Gone but not forgotten:

UKC GR NITE CH PKC CH PLUS POINT BLUE BOY BRUISER (66 "canes" stored at OnceFrozen) Direct son of DUAL GR CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK CADILLAC JACK x CH GR NITE CH '95 UKC World Hunt High Scoring English Female WELLS' LITTLE PATCH

CH GR NITE CH WELLS' LITTLE PATCH (High Scoring English Female 1995 UKC World Hunt) Direct Daughter of GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH DARON'S BLUE REB (LUMIS) x GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH ACHA WORLD CH BUFFALO CREEK PATCH

GR NITE CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK MISSY II (Sister to Dual Grand Clear Creek Cadillac Jack and mother of ACHA World Champion PKC Silver CH Raef's Dollar Bill)

Old Post 08-18-2014 02:25 PM
Okie Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Hunter Click here to Send Okie Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Hunter Find more posts by Okie Hunter Add Okie Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Freddy thanks alot for all that !! Thats great info ! Just the kinda of information i was lookin for !!!

Guys please feel free to chim in with other dogs stored !!

Anyone know if any avail from Ol Cody Jar ???

lets keep this topic Rollin !

Old Post 08-18-2014 06:31 PM
blackflagginit
UKC Forum Member

I hope Chip Wisecup finds the "right female" someday and is successful in using the last of the Durango semen.

I would dust off my boots and dig out my light for a chance to spend 1 more night behind a Durango pup.

I can count the number of dogs living or dead, collected or not, I would say that about on 1 hand.

*billy jack

It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it.

Robert E. Lee

Old Post 08-19-2014 05:56 AM
blackflagginit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackflagginit Click here to Send blackflagginit a Private Message Click Here to Email blackflagginit Find more posts by blackflagginit Add blackflagginit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bloody creek
UKC Forum Member

Gary Don Melton does have semen out of JAR but I bet you cant buy any...

Old Post 08-20-2014 02:05 AM
bloody creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bloody creek Click here to Send bloody creek a Private Message Click Here to Email bloody creek Find more posts by bloody creek Add bloody creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for that info !!! Although that was the wrong answer..lol

Old Post 08-20-2014 01:52 PM
stevesiebert612
UKC Forum Member

if he does it would be hi lol ther is sum english bitches worthey ov him what do u think the best cross on jar my dreems is one out ov jar and a brier creek bitch

Old Post 08-23-2014 03:50 AM
stevesiebert612 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stevesiebert612 Click here to Send stevesiebert612 a Private Message Click Here to Email stevesiebert612 Find more posts by stevesiebert612 Add stevesiebert612 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJ4508
UKC Forum Member

I have a 4 year old off of Saint Nick semen

She has a litter of pups on the ground right now that are 4 weeks old out of Chrome.

Home of:
NITECH BRIAR CREEK MAGGIE (GRNITECH PR BECK'S PITHOLE CREEK HUCK A BUCK x GRNITECH HARD CREEK ROCKIN REBA)
BILLTOWN MS NICKI (GRNITECH PR WILCOX THUNDER SAINT NICK x NITECH BRIAR CREEK MAGGIE)
CH 'PR' BILLTOWN SUNSET ABBY (GRNITECH SUNSET LUKE x NITECH 'PR' OZARKS REBEL BATTLE CRY)
GRCH NITECH 'PR' HARDROCK THUNDER QUEEN (GRNITECH 'PR' BRIAR CREEK ZEB x NITECH BADLANDS WITCH)

Old Post 08-24-2014 05:39 AM
DJ4508 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DJ4508 Click here to Send DJ4508 a Private Message Find more posts by DJ4508 Add DJ4508 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chip wisecup 1
UKC Forum Member

getting close

Blackflagginit,

we are getting closer and closer to using that semen. I hadn't hunted is six years, but I am back now.

I have hunted the past three weekends in a row.

I have called Iowa State University and we have 10 straws of Durango semen left and even more semen out of Joe (Brother to Timber Valley Ten and Timber Valley Queen). Joe was a nt ch. with 3 or 4 wins toward grand. He was a tri-colored Male dog with a HUGE locate. He was a better track dog than Durango, but couldn't lay em up like his daddy. Joe hung himself in the kennel on July 3, 2003. His concentration was very good when we collected. I would love to find a female to use Joe's semen on also.

Hopefully we will have good success, but as everyone knows... nothing is guaranteed when you use this stuff. It has been stored for a long time and Durango's concentration was not the best when we collected it. Hopefully by this time next year we will see pups out of them on the ground.

I can't wait to reunite with all my old English friends and meet some new ones. I owe a couple of English Breeders a favor and I still remember their names. Cant wait to make things right with a few good men.

Hope to see you soon, get your light charged!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chip

Last edited by chip wisecup 1 on 08-24-2014 at 06:32 AM

Old Post 08-24-2014 06:21 AM
chip wisecup 1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chip wisecup 1 Click here to Send chip wisecup 1 a Private Message Click Here to Email chip wisecup 1 Visit chip wisecup 1's homepage! Find more posts by chip wisecup 1 Add chip wisecup 1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

Chip,

Nice talking with you on the phone last week. A wealth of knowledge learned from picking your brain about the old bloodlines.

I wish you the best. It's nice to see some of the more experienced breeders getting back in the sport.

Home of:

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 08-24-2014 10:43 PM
chip wisecup 1
UKC Forum Member

Thank You Freddy! I have been watching and admiring your program for some time. Can't wait to meet you and "talk shop" sometime.

Like I said earlier..... I owe a couple of guys some favors and its about time to make things right with them. I can't think of a better time than this year to do that.

Talk later,

Chip

Old Post 08-25-2014 03:58 AM
chip wisecup 1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chip wisecup 1 Click here to Send chip wisecup 1 a Private Message Click Here to Email chip wisecup 1 Visit chip wisecup 1's homepage! Find more posts by chip wisecup 1 Add chip wisecup 1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackflagginit
UKC Forum Member

Chip

if you use it and get pups......call me. I don't have much coon huntin bug left in me, but I will sure dust off those boots and dig out that light for 1 nights hunt just for old times sake.

like I said before, I never raised many pups out of ANYTHING but I liked those Durango pups. Queen may have had the best locate I ever heard hung on a hound in my life. Ruby sounded like a male dog and was the best built English female I ever saw. and that includes her daughter WLD SHOW CH Cinderella.

Hooker ( Durango x Racket) was prob the most natural pup I ever started. She also had a male dog mouth and could be treed on her locate. we were hunting her pads off at 6months old and I gave her to my hunting partner at the time ( was her pick of the prospects) and someone stole her out of her pen in Moundville MO. that girl is all grown up now and has kids of her own, but she would DIE for a chance at another Durango pup.

I have a video of Loose I watch on the computer once in awhile. Him, Dolly, and JJ treed on the Civic place just south of the house here. I would mortgage the farm for another just like him. They just don't exist.

*billy jack

Robert E. Lee

Old Post 09-01-2014 08:20 AM
blackflagginit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackflagginit Click here to Send blackflagginit a Private Message Click Here to Email blackflagginit Find more posts by blackflagginit Add blackflagginit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chip wisecup 1
UKC Forum Member

Thumbs up

Sounds good.

Like I said before, I have a few guys I owe favors to and I remember their names. Let's just pray we get pups.

Talk to you later, get your light charged, I'm back.

Old Post 09-02-2014 01:45 PM
travis gideon
UKC Forum Member

#1 current reproducer and top ten current for 5-6 years NtCh SCH Oakwood's Sunkist.

Alexandria, IN
270-763-2151 Cell#
E-mail: travisgideon@msn.com

English-
UKC Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC CH Baby Stakes Champion Top 10 Futurity Oakwood's Emma (RIP-1/10/15)
UKC Nt.Ch. PKC SCH Oakwood's Sunkist (semen/RIP/co-owned with Shane Cannon)
UKC Gr.Nt.Ch. '98 English Day's High Scoring Male Sat. Oakwood's Blue Bomber (RIP)

Walkers-
UKC Gr.Nt.Ch. Raintree Hardwood Daisy (RIP)
UKC Nt.Ch. Big Woods Bubba (RIP/co-owned with Wes Coffman)

RED HOT KENNEL (feists)
Feist's-
NKC SQ CH ATFA GR SQ CH SOS Willie (RIP)
ATFA SQ CH Red Hot Dolly

Old Post 09-03-2014 12:56 AM
travis gideon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for travis gideon Click here to Send travis gideon a Private Message Click Here to Email travis gideon Find more posts by travis gideon Add travis gideon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joeok1986
UKC Forum Member

Freddy wells you sound like you been into English dogs awhile I would love to chat with you and pick your brain on them I'm new to English I hunted walkers since I started I like what I see out of my English and what I'm seeing in the orheres around the country it's hard to bet a dog when they got the meat

Old Post 09-10-2014 10:14 AM
joeok1986 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joeok1986 Click here to Send joeok1986 a Private Message Click Here to Email joeok1986 Find more posts by joeok1986 Add joeok1986 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joeok1986
Freddy wells you sound like you been into English dogs awhile I would love to chat with you and pick your brain on them I'm new to English I hunted walkers since I started I like what I see out of my English and what I'm seeing in the orheres around the country it's hard to bet a dog when they got the meat

I started hunting in the hunts in 1984 when I was fifteen. Hunted Walker dogs back then and actually studded a dog directly out of Spring Creek Rock named Clifton River Rock.

Switched to English because of one female... Carl Caroll's Buffalo Creek Patch. I saw that gyp do some amazing work and had to have a pup out of her. That is what started me hunting English and I haven't looked back since.

I took thirteen years away from the sport for my kids. I didn't want to burn them out of hunting. I wanted them to pick it up on their own. I am happy to say they love coon hunting and am glad I made the decision to let them pursue the sport at their own pace.

I live south of Tulsa. Give me a shout sometime and we'll go tree a couple.

Here's a recent pic of me and the boys with GR NITE CH Turman Creek Little Red a few days before she gave birth to a litter out of my old Bruiser dog.

Home of:

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 09-10-2014 05:11 PM
joeok1986
UKC Forum Member

I started hunting when I was 16 and have loved it ever since I to started with walkers I knew some of the blood lines with them but I really know nothing on English I have a good gyp that I would like to breed but I don't want to just put a dog on her to get pups I want to get a future in it meaning I want to make a cross that will suit me and whoever gets on

Old Post 09-10-2014 06:33 PM
joeok1986 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joeok1986 Click here to Send joeok1986 a Private Message Click Here to Email joeok1986 Find more posts by joeok1986 Add joeok1986 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackflagginit
UKC Forum Member

I got my first English dog in the 80s....I think about 84 maybe 85.. the first ones came from Nick Oster and the one and only Kelly Stagner (Platte Valley). Nick had a female back then name Brandy who was as good a hound as I ever saw. He also had a male that was a littermate to Tenbrooks Blue Queen. I had several off that male and Nick bred Brandy to Durango's sire, Timberstar Buck, that was my intro to the JR line.

I spent a lot of days at Kellys house and he and I picked out my pup from him togather from a litter in his barn (they didn't even have there eyes open yet).

at 16 I bought a walker pup from Southern Sound Cyanide. nice pup but he got ran over at 5 or 6 months old.

in the 30yrs or so since I got that first English pup that was the only "off game" I ever ran .

Loose was everything I ever hoped to own in a hound and there is just no way I will ever find another that fits my ideal as close as he did................but I sure cant wait to see these new Durango pups and look forward to one more night of enjoying what I loved the most all these years. Good English blooded hounds.

*billy jack

Robert E. Lee

Old Post 09-22-2014 11:54 PM
edwardulikowski
UKC Forum Member

ice man

is there semen on ice man heard it was sterile anyone know

Old Post 09-25-2014 01:59 AM
edwardulikowski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardulikowski Click here to Send edwardulikowski a Private Message Find more posts by edwardulikowski Add edwardulikowski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Howard
UKC Forum Member

Re: ice man

quote:
Originally posted by edwardulikowski
is there semen on ice man heard it was sterile anyone know
?

PKC CH County Line Big'N, Natural (RIP) Independent.
County Line Sod Buster (Big'n x Bev)$ Brains, Accurate a Pleasure to hunt..
County Line Alittle Ambraw Pepper(Big'n x Jenny)
Line bred Pups Buster x Pepper 12/09/16
Working to rebuild some of the old Ambraw blood line.
(618) 214-1695

LUCK-Is when opportunity & Preperation Meet

Old Post 09-28-2014 02:44 AM
Randy Howard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Howard Click here to Send Randy Howard a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Howard Find more posts by Randy Howard Add Randy Howard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote