UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 22 Cal Shell Info.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

22 Cal Shell Info.

WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO LOCATE SOME 22 CB'S. ARE NOT HAVING MUCH LUCK. NOT SURE IF THEY ARE EVEN MADE ANYMORE. WE LIKE THE QUIET SHOOTING SHELLS FOR WHEN DOGS TREE CLOSE TO HOUSES. NOTE: NOT OUTLAWING JUST TRYING TO BE A LITTLE QUIET. I KNOW EVEN WITH LOUD BARKING DOGS.

ANY INFO OR IDEAS ON QUIET SHELLS AND WHERE TO OBTAIN THEM.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-14-2011 10:27 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greg stull
Banned

I LIKE SUB SONIC AND BUY THEM AT WAL MART.

Old Post 09-14-2011 10:29 PM
greg stull is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greg stull Click here to Send greg stull a Private Message Click Here to Email greg stull Find more posts by greg stull Add greg stull to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by greg stull
I LIKE SUB SONIC AND BUY THEM AT WAL MART.
THANKS I SHALL GIVE THEM A TRY.

Old Post 09-14-2011 10:33 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bebee
UKC Forum Member

Ammo

I use 22 cb's and they are quiter but dont seem as powerfull as they use to be, I bought a box of Sub Sonic at a gun shop and he told me that they would be as loud as someone clapping their hands Yeah right thier as loud as any other 22 long rifle ive shot I would like to find something a little quiter with a little more power than the 22 cb's

Old Post 09-14-2011 10:37 PM
bebee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bebee Click here to Send bebee a Private Message Click Here to Email bebee Find more posts by bebee Add bebee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike kinser
UKC Forum Member

CCI still makes cb shorts and longs, i like the longs. remington makes a "c bee" long rifle, it is hollow point and packs more punch than the cb longs. they are slightly louder though but not bad at all by no means. i just bought 4 boxes of the remingtons and 2 boxes of the cci longs. most gun shops with much ammo around here have them. as far as ordering i would try nachez.

Old Post 09-14-2011 11:00 PM
mike kinser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike kinser Click here to Send mike kinser a Private Message Click Here to Email mike kinser Find more posts by mike kinser Add mike kinser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hartman
UKC Forum Member

22 shells

if u got agander montain store close by they got em

Old Post 09-14-2011 11:17 PM
hartman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hartman Click here to Send hartman a Private Message Click Here to Email hartman Find more posts by hartman Add hartman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Walz
UKC Forum Member

JMO on shells

The CB Longs they make now suck!!

Try Remington Sub-Sonics they flat out bring em out dead with nowere near the noise or ricochet of a long rifle. You will like em............Jon

High Scoring Bluetick male at the 2014 World Hunt
King of hunt @ 2015 Bluetick Reunion

GRNITECH 'PR' Walz' Queen of Coontree Music (GRNITECH PR' Nashoba Valley Piazon X GRNITECH CH PR' B&D"s Blue Queen)
2015 Wisconsin State Champion
2015 Badger State Champion
2016 Wisconsin State Champion

GRNITECH 'PR' Walz' Coontree Twilite Mercy (GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Blue Creek Gauge x GRNITECH 'PR' B&D's Blue Queen)

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Walz Coontree Rebecca (GRNITECH 'PR' Walz Coontree Joker x GRNITECH 'PR' Walz Coontree Queen)

GONE BUT WILL NEVER FORGET:
GRCH NITECH 'PR' Walz' Coontree Melody

Old Post 09-14-2011 11:20 PM
Jon Walz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jon Walz Click here to Send Jon Walz a Private Message Click Here to Email Jon Walz Find more posts by Jon Walz Add Jon Walz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tsbtater
UKC Forum Member

SubSonics are anything but subsonic.

CCI CB Longs are the way to go. May be a short on punch but I guess that comes with the territory if you are trying to achieve "quiet".

The guy at the store sold me some Rem CBee LR today. Claimed they will be as quiet as the CCI CB longs but with more punch due to the hollow point.

I will be the judge of that....soon.....

Old Post 09-15-2011 12:41 AM
tsbtater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tsbtater Click here to Send tsbtater a Private Message Click Here to Email tsbtater Find more posts by tsbtater Add tsbtater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
intellectualist
Banned

I buy my CB shorts at Walmart. They had a few boxes last year and I bought them all. Did not see any more in that particular store for a few months and then one day they had several boxes once again. Just keep checking back. I love CB shorts!

Old Post 09-15-2011 01:10 AM
intellectualist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for intellectualist Click here to Send intellectualist a Private Message Click Here to Email intellectualist Find more posts by intellectualist Add intellectualist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Virgil
UKC Forum Member

The remington Subsonics are just as loud as a long rifle out of my guns.

I prefer shorts but also carry some CB's

Old Post 09-15-2011 01:15 AM
Virgil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Virgil Click here to Send Virgil a Private Message Click Here to Email Virgil Find more posts by Virgil Add Virgil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Virgil
The remington Subsonics are just as loud as a long rifle out of my guns.

I prefer shorts but also carry some CB's

Length of the barrell has a lot to do with the loudness.
pops has a old colt scout pistol that is almost as long
as the chip munk style riffles.

Old Post 09-15-2011 02:07 AM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoryHamby22
UKC Forum Member

22 ammo

Have you tried the Aguila powderless 22 ammo? These things are the ticket. Our local gunshop sells them, they have almost no report at all and are all you need to knock a coon out. They come with a 20 grain bullet loaded into a long rifle casing. The full name on the box is Aguila Colibri 22 powderless ammo.

Old Post 09-15-2011 02:43 AM
CoryHamby22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CoryHamby22 Click here to Send CoryHamby22 a Private Message Click Here to Email CoryHamby22 Find more posts by CoryHamby22 Add CoryHamby22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

The most knock down with the least noise is the aguila .22 , 60 grain shells. Huge hunk of lead and it tumbles. Its super strong. Very little powder and quiet.

Old Post 09-15-2011 04:24 AM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bruce hammontre
UKC Forum Member

try this

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM066-5.html

Old Post 09-15-2011 05:50 AM
bruce hammontre is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bruce hammontre Click here to Send bruce hammontre a Private Message Click Here to Email bruce hammontre Find more posts by bruce hammontre Add bruce hammontre to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

Re: try this

quote:
Originally posted by bruce hammontre
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM066-5.html

yeah, on that same website the kind i use are called "Sniper subsonics".

Old Post 09-15-2011 08:12 AM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahinsch
UKC Forum Member

I'd rather shoot a plain old long rifle once and drop em out than have to empty a clip and a half of cb shorts to bring em down, the remington sub sonics seem almost as loud as long rifles. I do like the cb shorts if the coon is low, but when they're way up there I'd rather take my chances with one loud shot than 10 quieter ones.

Old Post 09-15-2011 01:26 PM
ahinsch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahinsch Click here to Send ahinsch a Private Message Click Here to Email ahinsch Find more posts by ahinsch Add ahinsch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

I tried some CB's one time. I figured I'd be better off shootin a BB gun. No accuracy at all.

Old Post 09-15-2011 01:28 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cfishman
UKC Forum Member

Any one using CCI Stinger. Wondering about pelt damage with them.

PR Iron Mountain June Bug
PR Iron Mountain Daisy May
PR Iron Mountain Blue Scout

Old Post 09-15-2011 03:13 PM
cfishman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cfishman Click here to Send cfishman a Private Message Click Here to Email cfishman Find more posts by cfishman Add cfishman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffbarber
UKC Forum Member

cci stinger i use them for squerils they r super fast pack a hard punch n puts a hole through them far as quitness get a 22.cal pellet gun lol...

Old Post 09-15-2011 03:22 PM
jeffbarber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffbarber Click here to Send jeffbarber a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffbarber Find more posts by jeffbarber Add jeffbarber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliffview K.
UKC Forum Member

cb's

Remington makes a 22 CBEE Long rifle. The only place I have found them for sale is at True value hardware or online. They are a little louder than a cb but quieter than the sub sonic. I use a rossie 22 rifle with a short barrel. There is a significant difference in the Remington cbee 22 LR and a regular long rifle.

Here is a link to remingtons website with a pic.

http://www.remington.com/product-fa...22-rimfire.aspx

Old Post 09-15-2011 03:27 PM
Cliffview K. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cliffview K. Click here to Send Cliffview K. a Private Message Find more posts by Cliffview K. Add Cliffview K. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Currens Jr.
Length of the barrell has a lot to do with the loudness.
pops has a old colt scout pistol that is almost as long
as the chip munk style riffles.

LEE, GOOD POINT ABOUT THE LENGTH OF BARREL. I HUNT WITH A BOLT ACTION CHIPMUNK RIFLE MADE BY OREGON ARMS. I THINK THEY ARE NOW OUT OF BUSINESS. I HAVE TWO OF THEM. THEY ARE BOTH STOCK. ONE HAS NEVER BEEN SHOT.

Old Post 09-15-2011 06:34 PM
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

Drill your gun out.....ooops did I say that?!?!

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 09-15-2011 07:20 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CARL GUDGEON
UKC Forum Member

shells

I use 22 shorts and have had good luck with them. I think they kill better than cb's.

NT CH GR F CH CH'PR' RED FEVER CHIEF -

'PR' GUDGEON'S TAKE A CHANCE - POINTS TOWARDS CH and WCH

Nt Ch GR CH 'PR' GUDGEON'S CLYDE "JUNIOR" AND POINTS TOWARD FT CH

'PR' GUDGEON'S LIVING THE DREAM (Dreamer) 2 1st place wins
PR GUDGEON'S MAGGIE
CH 'PR' GUDGEON'S WILD WILLY
PR GUDGEON'S Fog Horn
PR GUDGEON'S JACK
'PR'GUDGEON'S SING ALONG DANCE

Old Post 09-15-2011 10:05 PM
CARL GUDGEON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CARL GUDGEON Click here to Send CARL GUDGEON a Private Message Click Here to Email CARL GUDGEON Find more posts by CARL GUDGEON Add CARL GUDGEON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

CHECKED WALLMART LAST NIGHT THERE WERE NO C BEES AND NO SUB SONICS. I WILL TRY AGAIN LATER.

Old Post 09-16-2011 04:07 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Whatever happened to short Hollow points? Louder than CB's but not as loud as longs, and just as effective as long rifles. I like to use them in season.

Old Post 09-16-2011 04:26 PM
ov_blues is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote