UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 15yrs or more
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

15yrs or more

Ask your self these questions only if you’re been hunting for 15 yrs or more :

1) Do you hunt as much as you use to ?
2) Do you have as many places to hunt as you use to ?
3) How many people you know that have quit ? ( more getting out or getting into it )

I think we all know the answer but don’t wanna admit it .

Last edited by Charles Pullen on 07-21-2019 at 01:11 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-21-2019 12:39 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

1.no
2.yes
3.a bunch but because a lot of my old freinds have passed away.

Tar

Old Post 07-21-2019 01:01 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
1.no
2.yes
3.a bunch but because a lot of my old freinds have passed away.

Tar

Tar consider yourself very lucky to be able to say yes to number 2 . You’re one of few buddy .

Old Post 07-21-2019 01:10 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Bedgood
UKC Forum Member

1-NO
2-No
3- A lot, for different reasons.

Old Post 07-21-2019 02:10 PM
Andy Bedgood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Bedgood Click here to Send Andy Bedgood a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Bedgood Find more posts by Andy Bedgood Add Andy Bedgood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Charles Pullen
Tar consider yourself very lucky to be able to say yes to number 2 . You’re one of few buddy .

It’s all public hunting and it is ruff but you take a dog that is a good dog in it they can tree coons anywhere. Sure is tuff on this old fat kid tho lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-21-2019 02:13 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

No
No
Most I know have quit or passed away. Haven't for real seen a new hunter in years ....I figure most on internet that claim to be starting are just scamming looking for free items just to resale in a week or two.

Old Post 07-21-2019 02:18 PM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

1. No, but I hunt a lot smarter.
2. I have more good spots now than I ever have.
3. It seems like every 3 people that quit maybe 1 starts.

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 07-23-2019 02:19 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
It’s all public hunting and it is ruff but you take a dog that is a good dog in it they can tree coons anywhere.

Tar

Except for Georgia

It's always tougher in the sand box out back tarbaby!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 07-23-2019 07:10 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Yes
Yes
Know a lot that got out or died, several that have gotten in but not enough to replace those that left.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 07-23-2019 08:06 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Re: 15yrs or more

quote:
Originally posted by Charles Pullen
Ask your self these questions only if you’re been hunting for 15 yrs or more :

1) Do you hunt as much as you use to ?
2) Do you have as many places to hunt as you use to ?
3) How many people you know that have quit ? ( more getting out or getting into it )

I think we all know the answer but don’t wanna admit it .

1-yes 2--yes no#3 a bunch quit after they retired. I hunt harder

Old Post 07-23-2019 08:47 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

1=No
2=pretty much
3=There is probably 80 percent less people hunting around here now than 15 years ago!

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 07-23-2019 09:31 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote