UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey Bruce Conkey
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Laura Bell
UKC Forum Member

Hey Bruce Conkey

When I saw you at Autumn Oaks I told you that my hound was doing well at her Agility training and was going to bring home some ribbons soon. It finally happened! She scored a perfect 100 and covered about 3 yards per second (which is kinda slow) but we'll take it. She beat all of the dogs in her class and came away with 1st place. She jumps 20" obstacles in Agility.
Her reward for doing agility is Hot Dogs! She'll do most anything for a few bits of hot dogs, but for doing this event I stepped it up and bought her a roast beef sandwich from Arby's.

Her picture also appears in this months CB on page 95.

GRCH 'PR' Bells Wild Nite Shaina

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-18-2016 01:14 PM
Laura Bell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Laura Bell Click here to Send Laura Bell a Private Message Click Here to Email Laura Bell Find more posts by Laura Bell Add Laura Bell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

That ain't no fair starching her ears up like that for an air advantage lol! Congradualations

Old Post 10-18-2016 01:32 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I saw that and congratulations. I think I might of mentioned to you at AO my thought's that a hound might not perform as well as some of them smaller dogs. I am glad you proved my thoughts wrong and it's a demonstration what love and time with your hounds can accomplish. Actually, I have never kept a hound in the house as they always had their pens. I have a litter here now that I have picked one male to perhaps be my first pet. My hounds have always been hunters first and earned respect due to their actions. This one might get loved first and if he is a dud in the woods, still loved. When I see people like you work their hounds with love first and maybe a hot dog or two, it inspires me to try something different.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 10-18-2016 at 02:04 PM

Old Post 10-18-2016 01:58 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Laura Bell
UKC Forum Member

She gets so many compliments when it's our turn to run. Hounds are not the ideal choice for many of the events we've tried. lol

Bruce, I sure your "house pet" makes you a good one not only in the home, but the woods also. I'm looking forward to hearing how he progresses.

Old Post 10-20-2016 01:29 PM
Laura Bell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Laura Bell Click here to Send Laura Bell a Private Message Click Here to Email Laura Bell Find more posts by Laura Bell Add Laura Bell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote