UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Southern Bluetick Kennel
Pages (82): « First ... « 52 53 [54] 55 56 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
t higgins
UKC Forum Member

happy happy new year !!

keep them looking up darren

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-31-2014 03:24 PM
t higgins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for t higgins Click here to Send t higgins a Private Message Click Here to Email t higgins Visit t higgins's homepage! Find more posts by t higgins Add t higgins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

thanks

tommy I appreciate it!

going after them tonight!!
darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 01-05-2015 09:08 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Hopefully things are settling down for me now and I am going to hit the woods again. I hunted last night by myself. I cut Andy alone in some hills about 8:15 pm. He left hard and I soon heard him open. He was 470 yds deep. His track wasn't a good one and he worked it across the holler and soon made his way thru a pine thicket. He came out to the thicket and crossed a road into some more good timber. Andy hit a DEEP ditch that runs down the holler but did a good job of working him down and out of the ditch. I soon heard him on the other side of the hill locate and tree. I made my way to him and he was on a small sweet gum that ran into a large pine tree. After a few minutes I found his coon. Andy did a nice job on this coon as it was just a sorry track the whole way. I rolled him out and we made our way to the truck. Next drop I cut Cotton and my pup I call Gritt out of GrNtChGrCh Uchtmans Blue Jobe X NtChCh Uchtmans Blue Rose. This is the first time I have even hauled him. I got him out and showed him the coon Andy treed and he had a fit. I cut Cotton and Gritt down and hardwood holler and they left out hard. The ole pup stayed with her good. He is 6 mths old. There was silence for the longest and I finally looked at my Garmin. They had skipped out on me and crossed under the road into the bottom. Well that bottom is flooded out and that is not where I wanted them to be!! I drove around and my pup was bawling around but Cotton was 450 yds on past him. I waded into the pup and encouraged him to swim to me. I put him in the truck and heard Cotton opening deep. I drove around and she was hammering. I made my way to her and she was on a den amongst a bunch of evergreens with those purple berries everywhere. I called it a night and we will try again.
Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!
Darren

OLE MOON SHINING BRIGHT

Andy with his coon

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-06-2015 01:29 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Cold last night!! Coons not stirring. Managed one den tree !!
Yall keep'em Lookin up. Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-09-2015 04:09 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Hunted for a while Saturday night by myself. I cut Cotton alone on first drop and moved down the road and cut Cy alone. Both dogs hunted hard and soon were deep but not struck. I soon heard Cy open on a bad track and Cotton opened the other way soon after. Cotton finally got treed and I drove around to find her on a den tree. I moved back around and Cy was treed but not sounding the best I have heard him sound. I made my way to him and he was treed slick. I gave him a little harsh talk and loaded him up. I cut Andy alone and he left the country. I finally moved around and got closer and he was working a sorry track as well. He came out on the road and it was late so I called it a night. I will get after them tonight,
Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-12-2015 01:23 PM
everett
UKC Forum Member

Tough

Tough going right now, stay at em" Darren....Gerald

Blueticks of the Southern States

TEAM MAD DOG "Hunt Hard Hunt Offten"
IN REMEMBRANCE OF MAD DOG TIM VAUGHN

GRNITECH pr' MAD DOG ANTi UP JOKER co winner of the all blue world championship, Sire of 2014 UKC world hunt high scoring Bluetick male(Grnitech pr' Walz Coontree Joker)

GRNITECH pr' Mad Dog coon Poppin
Wacko (Shellly) 2014 BBOA Arkansas State Hunt Queen of Hunt High scoring Grntch.
2015 zone 7 championship Queen of hunt

Grnitech Grch pr' Mad Dog Hey Jude 2008 National Bluetick Days Queen of hunt, 2013 ACHA Little world hunt 5th place overall.

pr' Mad Dog Two Gun Rhino (Astro x Jude)

Pr' Mad Dog Two Gun Doll Baby ( Astro x Shelly)
Critter Light co. Owner/Dealer

Old Post 01-12-2015 03:51 PM
everett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for everett Click here to Send everett a Private Message Click Here to Email everett Find more posts by everett Add everett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Hunted last night in the rain. Didn't have the greatest hunt. Just cant seem to strike a track. Andy covered over a mile last night and finally fell treed in some rough stuff. Got to him and he was treed on a huge cedar tree and I couldn't find the coon. Next drop I cut Cotton and Cy loose in some hardwood jhills. They left hard and stayed gone for quite awhile. I moved around to get closer and Cy came out on a road. I caught him and checked the Garmin. Cotton was completely across another section of woods and headed to a paved road. I caught her coming under the road on a small creek and she never struck. I called it a night and fed them up. I will try again tomorrow night.
Y'all keep'em Lookin; Up!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-13-2015 05:10 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

HARD TO FIND COON

Darren finding a coon over here is just as bad here lately. Can't get on a good track. I have a few feeders out with corn for the pups I'm starting to get on a good track and that's not working. Corn been in the buckets over 2 weeks. Last year they would eat a bucket full every 3 or 4 days. Got to get better, we just have to be out there when it does. Take Care and Good Hunting!!

Old Post 01-13-2015 11:52 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Drake and myself went for a little while last night. Getting back on track with my hunting! First drop I cut Andy alone. He has been hunted alone for the last few weeks. He left hard and struck in at about 350 yds. Seemed like a decent track and he drifted it out good. I soon heard him load up and start hammering a tree. We made our way to him and he was up a large oak and we soon found his coon. We were in a heavily hunted area and we rolled this one out to him. Next drop I cut Cy and Cotton down the creek. Both struck almost at the same time and ran a short track and soon treed. They were split and both were on den trees. I recut them and they soon struck in at about 190 yds. They were on a good track and soon hit a deep ditch. They really were moving and it was evident that the coon wasn't about to climb. We walked about 3 miles and ended up getting the truck. I soon heard Cy treed but Cotton kept going. Cotton finally treed and she was close to a road. I drove around and she was treed in the edge of a yard , just BLOWING THE TOP OUT!! I pulled up to the edge of the road and it was a GAME WARDEN'S house!!! I just eased up there and got her. Couldn't help but flip on my red light and she had a huge coon. We made our way to Cy and he was on a large pine. No coon seen but sure could have been there. A little bit of an exciting night. We will get after them again. Got to get these potlickers back to clicking on all cylinders!! Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!! Darren

ANDY TREED!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-15-2015 01:13 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

glad I wasn't on this hunt. I don't like them men in the green suit. sounds like some good dog work.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
PKC Ch,UKC NITECH,ACHA NITECH
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)
DRY CREEK KINK(work in progress)

Old Post 01-15-2015 02:38 PM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

COONS AND THE LAW

Sounds like the coon were moving good over there too Darren. We had some good tracks also last night. Its a shame that coon knew where a safe place to climb was, in the Wardens yard! I bet your trigger finger was itching some bad to knock that one out to Cotton after the ground she covered getting him to climb. Going to be some good races the next month or so as they are rutting. Keep after them!

Old Post 01-15-2015 09:15 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsblues
UKC Forum Member

3 miles!!!! If I wanted to do that I would be hunting a walker dog!!!! Lol

Old Post 01-15-2015 11:42 PM
jsblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jsblues Click here to Send jsblues a Private Message Click Here to Email jsblues Find more posts by jsblues Add jsblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HOUNDS

Steve I wanted to shoot that sucker out something bad. He will get a dog killed.

Jason- Only difference with the walker is it woulda been slick!! LOL

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-16-2015 01:11 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Cotton

In deep with the meat again. Kind of makes me want to break Ol' Logan out and let him tree one. I sure like reading the stories on Cotton. Coon dogs will tree coon...somewhere.

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 01-16-2015 09:46 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Went for a little while last night. Didn't have the best hunt. Cotton and Cy split treed on first drop but they were both on these ole evergreen trees with the purple berries. Don't think either one had a coon. Andy made two trees alone but both were den trees. We will try again tomorrow night.
Yall keep'em Lookin up. Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-18-2015 05:50 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Winter Classic

Hi Darren,
Are you going to be taking Cotton over to the Winter Classic? If you do good luck with her.
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 01-21-2015 03:59 AM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

I hunted last night alone. First drop I cut Cy and Cotton. They stayed gone forever and I had to drive around. I finally got closer and they were working a bad track. They ended up split treed. Cotton was on a big hollow bay tree and Cy was on a pine. Couldn't find either coon but very thick. Next drop I cut Andy and Gritt. Gritt is 6 mths old. Andy struck about 300 yds in and Gritt opened some with him. Andy treed but was on a bunch of evergreens with those purple berries. I sent him on and he struck deep. He got treed and was in a lot of water. I got to him and he was up a large sweet gum. It had a big nest but couldn't make him look if he was there. I was walking out and saw 2 coons sittin up in those evergreens eating those berries. Yall keep'em Lookin up. Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-21-2015 11:49 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

GrChNtCh Pr Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-22-2015 09:52 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Hunting is slow for me right now. My wife isn't feeling well this week so I only got to go last night for a little while. Cotton treed a coon and Cy got treed alone but was in a den tree. Hopefully will go a little while Saturday night if my wife feels better.
Y'all keep'em lookin; up
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-30-2015 01:44 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted by myself for a little while Saturday night. I cut Cy alone on first drop. He hunted but not like I wanted him to hunt. I moved the truck up the road a little to cut Cotton and my pup out of Jobe x Sue loose. About the time I cut Cotton and Gritt loose , ole Cy struck in the bottom. Cotton struck the other direction. Both ended up getting treed. I made my way to Cy first. He was on some hedges but had a coon in a larger tree joining the hedges. I went to Cotton and she was on a huge row of the hedges and I couldn't see the coon. I gathered them up and recut all 3. Cotton struck and Cy followed. Ole Gritt was opening here and there as well. Cy soon loaded up and Cotton followed after. As I made my way to the tree it was soon evident that they were split treed. I went by and leashed Cy and went on to Cotton. I saw Cotton's coon on the way in to the tree. I went back to Cy and he just missed him. I took Gritt back over to Cotton and rolled the coon out to him. He had a fit and really liked the coon. This is his first coon to be knocked out in the woods. I laid a drag for him and he looked really classy on the hang up coon. Very loud "Bluetick " mouth. Cy and Gritt both have very loud hound mouths. Really hate that I missed the Winter Classic but with my wife not feeling good, I didn't feel right about leaving for 3 days. Andy is over at Gary's place for a little while. I will concentrate on hunting Cy alone and finishing Cotton to GrNtCh. She has 2 wins as of now.
Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up,
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 02-02-2015 01:18 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Cotton

Glad to hear you are going to get Cotton back at it in the hunts. Good luck with her I am sure you and her will get it done.
Take Care,
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 02-02-2015 08:55 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Scott I just got busy and haven't hit many hunts. Me and Cotton are about to hit a few and get it done!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 02-03-2015 01:34 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Went for a little while last night. Drake, Zack Guin and myself. We cut Cotton , Cy, and Zacks gyp loose in the bottom. Sadie struck something quick but Cotton and Cy never opened. Cotton soon opened about 350 yds down the bottom. Cy soon followed and Sadie headed to them. Cy soon loaded up treed and Cotton wasn't far behind. Sadie was treeing sporatically. We got the the tree and they were split treed. Cotton was on a bunch of hedges that had a fallen tree running thru them and into 2 or 3 other trees. I couldn't find her coon. Cy was also on a bunch of hedges, along with Sadie and we looked but couldn't find a coon there either. Those hedges have some kind of purple berry that the coons are eating. We cut all 3 loose again and Cotton and Cy struck a good track and headed down the bottom. Sadie struck and went left. She soon hushed and made her way to the other 2. They really ran the fire out of that coon and we soon heard them treed. We got to them and something didn't sound right with Cotton. They ended up in an underground spring. That ole coon knew where he was headed. We cut one more time and Cotton and Cy got deep. They were about 700 yds and Cotton fell treed. We got nearly to the tree and Cy was about 100 yds deeper treed. Cotton was on a huge Bay tree that was really bushy and I couldn't get the coon to look. Cy was on a big den. That ole moon was shining bright and didn't help our hunt last night. We will try again Thursday night. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 02-04-2015 12:49 PM
trbt
UKC Forum Member

pup

Hey Darren I got a six month old pup out of Jobe and sue I bought from gary I think she might be a littermate to your gritt dog, took her last night with my mindy dog she struck in second they treed on a den she gets better ever time I take her. Sounds like Gritt is going to be a goodin to.

Dual Gr Tennessee river primetime
Grand Ch NtCh Naughty Nora
Dual Ch Tennessee Tina
Dual Grand Penny

Old Post 02-04-2015 10:49 PM
trbt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trbt Click here to Send trbt a Private Message Find more posts by trbt Add trbt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Gritt

Yes she would be a littermate to gritt. I have a male out of Jobe x Magic and Gary and I are partners on my NtCh male called Andy out of Jobe x Angel.
Angel, Magic , and Sue are all sisters. Good luck with her buddy.
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 02-05-2015 02:58 AM