UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Some just fight change.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Some just fight change.

That they have never hunted under. I have hunted under many different rules since 1979. I just wanted to compete I did not care what the rules were. The rules proposals that are on the table are the best I have hunted under it takes the advantage away from the clock working dog not competing against nothing but the clock many of those that have hunted against those kind of dogs know what their game is and how they win. Don’t fight somthing you don’t understand just because !!

Richard I seen your smiley face pictures at those $$$ hunts when they paid you did you tell them I don’t like your hunts and rules but I will take your money lol.

Tarbaby

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-19-2019 12:44 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If they want to give it away, I will accept it. I hardly ever win a cast or beat the other handlers. I just tag along, stay close and they feel sorry for me and end up giving the win away.
And yes, I have hunted under all of the rules and have seen a lot of changes. I know from experience which is the best teacher that when you change a rule you get unintended side effects.

Old Post 07-19-2019 01:01 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Ask you a serious question brouther. Are you against the changes because they don’t fit your style of dogs ?

Somthing to chew on I took fly and hunted under these rules against the fast strike and deep and alone dogs in that crowd she was a dead last strike dog and she would tree one behind them then either get part of theirs or tree anouther one. I won 10 out of 12 cast around $1,100 in 60 days. It’s not the rules they don’t like down here they don’t like it’s the management. They like ukc down here and the older guys want the one hour minie slams with the new rules. Evidently it not working this way rock said they had one dog at their hunt.

I one upped you yesterday I got a new red truck lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 07-19-2019 01:14 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, I drove an hr to a PKC hunt at the largest local club around here last night. They had 8 dogs. There were 4 youngsters and 4 seniors. The dog that won my cast, won by making a slick/circle tree. At the end my dog was treed by herself out of hearing at.8 mi. Everyone seems to like that style now but I hate her.
I like to hunt in both KC's. I like variety. I don't think that everything should be the same. I don't think that the rules should be the same for both KC's. And I don't think that UKC should try to attract those Pro handlers. They have their own KC to hunt in. If they want to hunt in UKC hunts by UKC rules then fine but why change UKC rules just to attract them?

Old Post 07-19-2019 01:28 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, you must be rolling in the money now if you can afford a new truck. What kind did you get? I thought that you couldn't afford to go to the big hunts? I will look for that shiny red truck up at Autumn Oaks. Now you just need a little camper to tow behind it. You know that you can't take it with you and he that dies with the most toys wins.

Old Post 07-19-2019 01:47 PM
yadkintar
Banned

It ain’t new it’s a 2002 Ford single cab 4x4. Sombody wanted my Toyota bad enough to pay almost what I paid for it I bought this truck and had quite of money left. Only one thing you ain’t thought of that will make these rules unique you got to still have plus points to win.

Tarbaby

Old Post 07-19-2019 06:37 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

That is the big difference.... no plus points, no winner. Now that doesn't mean much up North but down here we have a lot of dead casts. Anyone can guide at a PKC hunt because you don't have to tree a coon to have a winner. But at a UKC hunt the guide has to have a coon or two.

Old Post 07-19-2019 06:45 PM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

The bigger the pot of money gets the plus point thing will go away. Mark my word. Somebody has to win when money is involved. I hope it stands .

Old Post 07-19-2019 07:10 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

In the minie slams if you don’t have a plus point cast winners. You still have a cast winner you still give out the money but they don’t get a win.

Tarbaby

Old Post 07-19-2019 07:14 PM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Tar , I believe every cast win should be based on plus points. The truth is people don’t give a crap bout a win, they want the money.

Old Post 07-19-2019 07:19 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
Tar , I believe every cast win should be based on plus points. The truth is people don’t give a crap bout a win, they want the money.

Times change we just wanted that big trophy and a win a good visit and somthing good to eat.

Now they show up 10 minutes before draw they don’t visit because they don’t like each other because they been hosen each other all year long. And they had McDonald’s on the way and if you ain’t got the game they want they go where it’s at.

As a business to stay afloat you have to supply what the majority of your costumers want.

Sad but true.

Tarbaby

Old Post 07-19-2019 07:40 PM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Titles doesn’t mean a thing anymore. A person made that statement on the pkc board. Win one of those big hunts or just place an you have enough won to make a dog a champion. But the money is good. An that’s with no plus points. Am not saying it’s easy , but it’s true. More are won with plus though.

Old Post 07-19-2019 07:50 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

One of the big differences between young and old is that as you get older, you learn to accept and live with a lot of things that you just don't like. You learn that the world was not made to your specifications. You aren't going to win every time. Just because you don't like something, you don't have to change it to suit yourself. The world is not going to end just because you don't like something. You learn to chill out. Have you ever wondered why old people don't have chill pills and there isn't an opioid crisis among old people even though they sure have a lot more aches and pains. If we could change something, we would make ourselves younger.

Old Post 07-21-2019 01:10 PM
oklared
UKC Forum Member

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 07-21-2019 01:15 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
One of the big differences between young and old is that as you get older, you learn to accept and live with a lot of things that you just don't like. You learn that the world was not made to your specifications. You aren't going to win every time. Just because you don't like something, you don't have to change it to suit yourself. The world is not going to end just because you don't like something. You learn to chill out. Have you ever wondered why old people don't have chill pills and there isn't an opioid crisis among old people even though they sure have a lot more aches and pains. If we could change something, we would make ourselves younger.

I want the hunts to continue for the younger generation. But as far as me If the hunts stopped tomorrow I could care less I will still coonhunt. When they changed it in the 80’s it wasent broke it didn’t need fixed but it sure needs a fixen now.

Tar

Old Post 07-21-2019 01:28 PM
sox12
UKC Forum Member

that would be nice to change my body back to 25 years earlier Richard man would I be stomping in the woods all night then.

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Old Post 07-21-2019 03:27 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I want the hunts to continue for the younger generation.....
When they changed it in the 80’s it wasent broke it didn’t need fixed but it sure needs a fixen now.
Tar

Tarbaby, why do the hunts need to change for the younger generation? Why can't they stay as they are and the younger generation learn to hunt as they are? When I was the younger generation, no one changed the hunts for me. I just hunted by the rules that the old guys used. Kids today are spoiled rotten. They think that the world revolves around them. They think that all they have to do is want something and they get it.

And what is "broke" now so that it needs fixing? When did it break and what caused it?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 07-21-2019 at 04:47 PM

Old Post 07-21-2019 04:43 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Tarbaby, why do the hunts need to change for the younger generation? Why can't they stay as they are and the younger generation learn to hunt as they are? When I was the younger generation, no one changed the hunts for me. I just hunted by the rules that the old guys used. Kids today are spoiled rotten. They think that the world revolves around them. They think that all they have to do is want something and they get it.

And what is "broke" now so that it needs fixing? When did it break and what caused it?

Not that I like it buuuuut you got two other kc’s giving them what they want what ukc has was based on when me and you were young and me and you won’t be doing this much longer. Ukc played it safe and rode it till the wheels are about to fall off. You don’t have hunts dog papers don’t get transferred they just get thrown in a drawer somwhere and that dog paper money is ukc’s bread and butter. They want to stay profitable they got to evolve. Buuuuuut they make so much on they poochie dogs the hounds might just become a tax write off.

Either way it will be what it be no my yob senyour!!

Tarbaby

Old Post 07-21-2019 06:27 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodnes, the "everyone else is doing it" excuse. I used to try that on my mother when I was a youngster. Guess what, it never worked on her.

Old Post 07-21-2019 10:06 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Oh my goodnes, the "everyone else is doing it" excuse. I used to try that on my mother when I was a youngster. Guess what, it never worked on her.

Bills got to be paid brouther they come in every month. I know I have had to sell a dog several times that I didn’t want to because bills were do. I have had to hunt an idiot for sombody I hated because bills were do. I ain’t saying we are all bubbly about it !! But we ain’t got a look at their check book they got to do what they got to do to stay in business.

Tarbaby

Old Post 07-21-2019 11:15 PM