UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Venomous snakes
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

Just last week I had a 5ft Timber Rattler about a boot lengths away,Only thing separated us was a cornstalk...He was COCKED and RATTLING .Took me about 3 seconds to get AIRBORNE... .Normally I dont look for them...BUT I DO NOW...See many cotton mouths in the swamp...SOME BIG ENUFF TO EAT A GATOR...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-14-2017 12:08 AM
James B Grice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James B Grice Click here to Send James B Grice a Private Message Click Here to Email James B Grice Find more posts by James B Grice Add James B Grice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by James B Grice
Just last week I had a 5ft Timber Rattler about a boot lengths away,Only thing separated us was a cornstalk...He was COCKED and RATTLING .Took me about 3 seconds to get AIRBORNE... .Normally I dont look for them...BUT I DO NOW...See many cotton mouths in the swamp...SOME BIG ENUFF TO EAT A GATOR...

Glad none of that around here. A few Cotton mouths and I wouldn't mind the copperheads if they would stay out of my yard.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-14-2017 01:00 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

I'm headed to Lowe's for snake repellant this weekend we have a problem! Chey in his snake hunting has found two more copperheads in the edge of my backyard tonight. This makes seven since Tuesday. And Chad he says he has been catching some and turning loose over by Neosho, you know anyone that lives that way? I think I would feel better if he would just quit looking for them. Anybody have a snake dog for sale?
Jen

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-14-2017 05:00 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

So far it's 17 moccasins and 3 copper heads. There is still plenty of time to do more good.

Old Post 07-14-2017 06:11 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chad spencer
UKC Forum Member

Guess I better move. I hate those things unless I see them first

Old Post 07-14-2017 06:16 PM
Chad spencer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad spencer Click here to Send Chad spencer a Private Message Find more posts by Chad spencer Add Chad spencer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

Guinnea fowl are supposed to be good at ridding a place of copperheads.

Old Post 07-14-2017 08:12 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I think I would rather be bitten by a snake than have to listen to Guinea fowl all day.

Old Post 07-14-2017 09:19 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brujan182
UKC Forum Member

Snakes

Don't have them here But was hunting with James Merchant 35 years ago. Went past a slough and James said that a cotton mouth sanctuary. Our tax dollars at work.

Old Post 07-14-2017 10:12 PM
brujan182 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brujan182 Click here to Send brujan182 a Private Message Click Here to Email brujan182 Find more posts by brujan182 Add brujan182 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Leatherwood
UKC Forum Member

Here in southwestern Virginia. I see copperheads nearly every night i hunt during the summer and every now and then a rattler depending on where i'm hunting.. i always take my chaps and keep a close eye on my dogs when they check in.

Old Post 07-15-2017 03:40 AM
Leatherwood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Leatherwood Click here to Send Leatherwood a Private Message Find more posts by Leatherwood Add Leatherwood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

Read this darn post last night before hunting turned out about 10 first drop slammed one in about 5 minutes, next drop turned loose milled around heard her open but it was a squeal. Turns out she got hit not sure what kind but definitely put a damper on her leg got her laid up now. Never should of read this thread... lol

Old Post 07-15-2017 04:37 AM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I think I would rather be bitten by a snake than have to listen to Guinea fowl all day.

Not me if they could stay alive with my pups running loose. My daughter just text they killed another one in the yard tonight. That makes 8 since Tuesday.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-15-2017 04:43 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Not me if they could stay alive with my pups running loose. My daughter just text they killed another one in the yard tonight. That makes 8 since Tuesday.
It sounds like you need Guinea fowl........ and ear plugs LOL

Old Post 07-15-2017 06:44 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
[B]Not me if they could stay alive with my pups running loose. My daughter just text they killed another one in the yard tonight.That makes 8 since Tuesday. [/B
Lol, nothing worse than a guinea chicken killer.hard to break' m off to once they get a taste of one. On more serious note, had a dog get bit by a big moccasin few years ago .he bayed like he was treed . when I got there, he had killed it and eat its head completely off. Antidoted his own self I guess. Didn't get real sick.

Last edited by swamp1 on 07-16-2017 at 10:13 PM

Old Post 07-16-2017 10:03 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by James B Grice
wooo wee,I can relate to that. I remember years ago down at coast hunting,big snakes.jimmy wild man Meeks had pictures of timber rattlers holding them up as high as could reach and their tails laying on ground a foot at least. I remember one time telling my hunting friend to look at that snake laying on bank coiled up. Larry said,that's a stump. It was a stump alright.a stump with a tail. I called' m stump tail moccasins, nice' ons, 16 ratters and a button,big rattlers.

Old Post 07-16-2017 10:34 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Richardson
UKC Forum Member

On the back porch

NITECH CH 'PR' MILL CREEK BO-R.I.P.
NITECH CH 'PR' HOUSE'S SCREAMIN NELL

Last edited by David Richardson on 06-03-2018 at 01:51 AM

Old Post 07-16-2017 11:20 PM
David Richardson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Richardson Click here to Send David Richardson a Private Message Find more posts by David Richardson Add David Richardson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Richardson
UKC Forum Member

Texas sized moccasin

Old Post 07-31-2017 02:56 AM
David Richardson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Richardson Click here to Send David Richardson a Private Message Find more posts by David Richardson Add David Richardson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Richardson
UKC Forum Member

Timber Rattler

Old Post 09-08-2017 02:13 AM
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

quote:

get a Jack Russell Terrier , they will kill the hell out of the snakes. I had one that killled every snake he came across, plus rats and ground moles. he died last fall and now I am finding snakes again! its hard to find a Jack from hunting lines anymore

Old Post 09-08-2017 07:19 PM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 03-20-2018 03:35 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen

Those pictures are pictures if a rattlesnake, not a copperhead. Lol. Dave

Old Post 03-20-2018 03:50 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Dave, I was about to comment to Jen, that's a rattlesnake, not a copperhead. Kilt a few copperheades when I hunted the hills east of where Chey & Jen lives. Haven't even seen one in 25 years around my place and don't want to. Had folks bring snakes to the Extension office many times to identify. Never had a Rattler or Copperhead but most folks were sure they had a Copperhead. Jen you may have to hire a snake exterminator if the coonhunter is too busy training hounds to kill snakes.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 03-20-2018 at 04:26 AM

Old Post 03-20-2018 04:14 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Jen

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Those pictures are pictures if a rattlesnake, not a copperhead. Lol. Dave

Dalton and I were just talking about it being a rattlesnake not a copperhead. This one came out of a sewer in Calhoun, GA.
Dennis there is a protected den of them somewhere around Seneca. Last year when I was picking up plaques for a hunt they had just made a couple of signs for this den it conservation wouldn't say where just very close. Idiots probably turned them loose.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 03-20-2018 04:26 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Don't know the legal codes in other states. Kansas is a no snake killing state. I just move all snakes to their final resting spot.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 03-20-2018 04:33 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Our snakes here are the very worst. They are 2 legged. Lol

Old Post 03-20-2018 05:58 AM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BGathright
UKC Forum Member

Killed in January, here in North Texas. I had never seen any snakes in the middle of winter. Rattles broke off and it still measured 53 inches.

Old Post 03-21-2018 04:46 PM
BGathright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BGathright Click here to Send BGathright a Private Message Click Here to Email BGathright Find more posts by BGathright Add BGathright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote