UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Partnership?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wlewis323
UKC Forum Member

Partnership?

Anyone with any experience would like to school me on a the ins and outs of a partnership with a coondog. I own the dog and have several others I’m starting but like the dog too much to let him so I might do a partnership with the right person. How have you seen it work out best?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-06-2019 06:28 PM
wlewis323 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wlewis323 Click here to Send wlewis323 a Private Message Click Here to Email wlewis323 Find more posts by wlewis323 Add wlewis323 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

Good way to dissolve a friendship.

Old Post 11-06-2019 06:31 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

X2 If you can't hunt him sell him.

Old Post 11-06-2019 07:43 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tommygunner
Banned

sure you give me the dog and $500 a month, Then I never answer your ph calls because im out hunting except for when I need more $$ to go to the hunts ,of coarse you will have to pay all expenses because of my recent run of bad luck , then I can tell you how we almost won but never do.

Old Post 11-06-2019 08:03 PM
tommygunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tommygunner Click here to Send tommygunner a Private Message Click Here to Email tommygunner Find more posts by tommygunner Add tommygunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

If you partner on a dog with someone make sure you both agree on most everything. I'm partners on a couple. And the only time we've not seen eye to eye was on a dog we had last winter. But after he seen what I seen she went down the road faster than she came here. If your opinion on a dog differs that much from your partner it won't work. And you need to set some ground rules for whose footing the bills on what. It can end friendships if you let it, or it can grow friendships. All depends on what you do and how you handle it.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 11-06-2019 10:04 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

I usually get the head and they get the tail...only problem is there end doesn’t eat as much as mine

Old Post 11-06-2019 11:01 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Partnership

Have had several myself, but know who i have been dealing with when i have done it & all have worked out well. Did start a new partnership with Ryan Smith in Missouri that has worked out great, but i gave him several names to check with, if he was worried about my 'respectability'. The closer you live to partner works better, too, so either of you can get dog back & forth if need be. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 11-06-2019 11:27 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Partnership

Any partnership is only as good as the partners involved, good partners equals good partnership. Simple but true. Dave

Old Post 11-06-2019 11:47 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wlewis323
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the comments everybody helping out a lot

Old Post 11-07-2019 11:58 AM
wlewis323 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wlewis323 Click here to Send wlewis323 a Private Message Click Here to Email wlewis323 Find more posts by wlewis323 Add wlewis323 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Been in several with many good men. Generally they are formed to combine the strength of one person with the strength of another person to give the dog the chance to reach it potential.

Several examples.
Young man that can hunt a dog with an old man that can support the effort.
One man that has room to raise pups to develop line of hounds with another man the wants to promote the line but his limited space but can hunt and train the line of hounds.
One man that has a good prospect, teaming up with someone that has better land to hunt the prospect on.

In most cases it comes down to one person wanting better for a hound and patterning with someone he feels can help bring out the best in the dog.

First thing you have to define is why you need a partner or what you are looking for the partner to bring to the table.
Then search your own heart and mind and decide what you bring to the table and the results you want from the partnership.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 11-07-2019 at 02:26 PM

Old Post 11-07-2019 02:22 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wlewis323
UKC Forum Member

Yeah I was looking forward to a partnership thinking 2 people can get more done and twice the woods is better as well

Old Post 11-08-2019 09:15 PM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I have had multiple partnerships. Some awesome,some terrible.
The number one thing to always remember is be able to pay 100% at any given time on expenses and expect nothing back. If you get it back great,if not know you in it for the fun.
You go into it that way the outcome will be better
Also, when you enter into it, enter in with the mindset of I had rather give my half of the dog to them than have hard feelings over a dog.

Old Post 11-08-2019 09:27 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

What I've seen

I did it once or twice and all went well, but like most have said, it can ruin a friendship. I avoid them anymore just from watching others experiences.
If you are set on doing it, make sure you agree on some important stuff up front. Like what happens if one of you decides to sell your half. If the other would like to keep the dog, it could get expensive, I've seen that happen.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 11-08-2019 09:35 PM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

High ridge

Best advice yet for anyone wanting a partnership on a dog. I would never do it again twice was enough for me. Have a buy or sell price before hand, one that the partner makes you a offer that you can then buy his half or sell him your half at the price he quotes, that keeps it real when they make you a price not some stupid offer. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 11-08-2019 at 10:13 PM

Old Post 11-08-2019 10:09 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

Don't partner with Bernie or Elizabeth 😃

Old Post 11-09-2019 01:26 PM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote