UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Cur Info
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BTiffany
New UKC Forum Member

Cur Info

Looking for information on MTN State Cash & Deep River Lacey. Considering a young male out of this cross and I'm curious about the lines? From my research the sire line look strong but I'm unable to find much about the bottom side. I believe the breeder of this cross is from the Asheboro NC area? I've had bird dogs all my life but I'm new to the Cur/squirrel dog game. Just trying to do a little home work before driving 3 hours to look. Thanks, Brian

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-22-2017 05:18 PM
BTiffany is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BTiffany Click here to Send BTiffany a Private Message Click Here to Email BTiffany Find more posts by BTiffany Add BTiffany to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Welcome to the cur world.

First off, what breed of cur are you looking at? There are several breeds, and hundreds of breeders and kennel names in each breed.

There might be someone that can help you run this down...but without some more information, I doubt that anyone will be able to

Old Post 02-23-2017 12:02 AM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BTiffany
New UKC Forum Member

Original Mountain Cur lines best I can tell. The other breeding/lines I'd be interested in hearing about is Tree Knockin Mike to McCurdy's Little Trixie. Looks like both those dogs were very successful competition dogs?

I'm in the market for a young started or unspoiled dog for squirrel hunting only. Simply researching a few dogs I've found in my area. Certainly don't want a get to hung up on a piece a paper but I do want a get something from proven working lines. My years fooling with birds dogs has taught me to always start with the best blood/breeding you can afford.

Hope this helps,

Thanks in advance!!

Old Post 02-23-2017 12:20 AM
BTiffany is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BTiffany Click here to Send BTiffany a Private Message Click Here to Email BTiffany Find more posts by BTiffany Add BTiffany to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I'm not familiar with the Cash dog. If you have facebook, try going to the page "I Hunt Original Mountain Cur" page and ask your question. I know that the Mt. State line is pretty popular line in the past....

Be careful what when you are looking. There are some folks out there that are pretty well known for mixing hounds into the curs, and hanging papers on them....just beware if you are set on a Mountain Cur.

Old Post 02-23-2017 01:15 AM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I'm not familiar with the Cash dog. If you have facebook, try going to the page "I Hunt Original Mountain Cur" page and ask your question. I know that the Mt. State line is pretty popular line in the past....

Be careful what when you are looking. There are some folks out there that are pretty well known for mixing hounds into the curs, and hanging papers on them....just beware if you are set on a Mountain Cur.

Old Post 02-23-2017 01:15 AM
dbender
UKC Forum Member

Who or what lines of cur are well known to have hound blood?

Old Post 02-24-2017 02:47 AM
dbender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbender Click here to Send dbender a Private Message Click Here to Email dbender Find more posts by dbender Add dbender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

It is done, but it is done "behind the barn"......

I've recently seen bawl mouthed curs, and if you pay attention the size of the dogs is creeping towards "bigger and bigger".....big hound mouths, different tree style.....the signs are there if you look for them.

Old Post 02-24-2017 01:20 PM
huntsmenbob
UKC Forum Member

Ask or do a search on Squirrel dog central . I have heard of the cash dog on there I am pretty sure.

Old Post 02-25-2017 01:37 AM
huntsmenbob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntsmenbob Click here to Send huntsmenbob a Private Message Click Here to Email huntsmenbob Find more posts by huntsmenbob Add huntsmenbob to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Wolfe
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by huntsmenbob
Ask or do a search on Squirrel dog central . I have heard of the cash dog on there I am pretty sure.

Bob The Cash Dog's A Treeing Cur, Bird Dog, Hound,& Cur A Nice Dog Own By A Friend & No One Tries To Say He's Anything But A Treeing Cur. Hope This Helps R Wolfe.

Old Post 02-25-2017 12:41 PM
Randy Wolfe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Wolfe Click here to Send Randy Wolfe a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Wolfe Find more posts by Randy Wolfe Add Randy Wolfe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote