UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Agreed with Tar
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Agreed with Tar

I agree with Tar I'm in the search of my life... but if the pup I have acquired as of Thursday may have ended the search! Treed his first bear at 7 months old..... solo!!!

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid! (John Wayne)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-12-2020 02:17 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Never been bear hunting with hounds but I am sure I would love it. Good luck with your young dog.

Tar

Old Post 01-12-2020 02:24 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Bear hunting with hounds is not for the faint of heart. Lol. Talking about needing to be in top physical condition to bear hunt with dogs, you BETTER be. Dave

Old Post 01-12-2020 02:30 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

Dave Richards, why is it so important to be in top condition. I've never hunted bear and don't intend to. Is it because bears are treed in distant places?

Old Post 01-12-2020 05:58 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jerrydillon17
UKC Forum Member

😄

It's a lot a lot a lot a lot foot work walking an threw rough conditions

Old Post 01-12-2020 06:13 PM
jerrydillon17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jerrydillon17 Click here to Send jerrydillon17 a Private Message Click Here to Email jerrydillon17 Find more posts by jerrydillon17 Add jerrydillon17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Croatian kid

Bear races are usually long races, some bears will not climb and bay up, you have to get in as fast as possible or you WILL get dogs killed. It's very essential that you have to be in top shape, often running to catch up. Dave

Old Post 01-12-2020 10:00 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I am round that’s a shape ain’t it ?

Tar

Old Post 01-12-2020 10:22 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jparker
UKC Forum Member

It's like here on eastern part of nc here we have bays you have to crawl around in to get to them it's fun and you have to be crazy to love it or stupid or a combo of both but here that's where most our coons are feeding at now so you get adjusted to it never hunted it mountains but have had a few men come down from the mountains to hunt that swore they'd never come back here to hunt again

Old Post 01-12-2020 10:40 PM
Jparker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jparker Click here to Send Jparker a Private Message Click Here to Email Jparker Find more posts by Jparker Add Jparker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

460 lbs

Got this one this year my best one yet but killed one dog before I got him and he didn't tree just walked and fought

Old Post 01-12-2020 10:42 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

And if you kill the bear you have to get it out. Talk about a job !

Old Post 01-12-2020 11:08 PM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Fit

I suppose a man could hunt without being in shape, but it WOULD NOT BE very much fun and most likely you would never be in on the KILL. Maybe help with dragging the bear out, that would get a man in shape. Lol. Dave

Old Post 01-13-2020 12:16 AM
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Yep I owe a lot of friends a bunch of help when their time comes! These guys went above and beyond to help get it out so we could weigh him and not have to skin em in the woods... so I'll do my best to stay in shape to help them

Old Post 01-13-2020 01:37 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

B Richards

Do you eat the bear meat? I love bear meat, it tastes more like beef than any other game I have ever eaten. Dave

Old Post 01-13-2020 04:38 AM
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Oh yeah

We eat it for sure! The ribs are awesome, fry the heart and liver up with onion and peppers, and if you cut a ham or shoulder up and smoke it it's just like prime rib, and well tenderloin... well it'll make a puppy pull a freight train lol.

Old Post 01-13-2020 10:57 AM
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I've never been in on a bear kill but I discovered where a bear had been treed and dragged out of the brush. At first I thought I had found a trail to a drug lab or something. I came back the next day with my pistol and followed the trail to the tree. It took me 45 min. to walk their trail to the tree. They had chopped their way to the tree and consumed a case of bottled water. It was so thick, it must had taken a team several men to do it. More power to them.

Old Post 01-13-2020 05:01 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote