UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > big boy blues ukc #
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
blueme
UKC Forum Member

big boy blues ukc #

Dear bluebritchs thank you for the pm. Don't know what happened to the thread we were talking on. I can't find it any more. Hope I Didnt Mess it Up. I was wondering if you ever seen a ped with hazel hill candy x hammer x. or Candy X Mad Dog Smokie. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by blueme on 01-10-2016 at 09:37 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-10-2016 06:02 PM
blueme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueme Click here to Send blueme a Private Message Find more posts by blueme Add blueme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueme
UKC Forum Member

2 ? of yours

bluebritches i looked though old stuff and i would say the best i know was hazel hill gunner 2. 1979 Alan they use to call me pratt, but that was probly when you wasnt walkin. Does anybody know who handeled candy when she made it big?

Old Post 01-11-2016 01:18 AM
blueme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueme Click here to Send blueme a Private Message Find more posts by blueme Add blueme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueme
UKC Forum Member

makes sense i think they had gunner2. They still runnin hazel hill or mad dog hounds?

Old Post 01-11-2016 02:06 AM
Hazel Hill Blueticks
UKC Forum Member

Tony Dixon hunted Candy out in Il and got her placed and World Champ Blue female. Just had a litter of pups here sired by a hound that has the Hammer 10 X Hazel Hill Candy the male was crossed on a good Hazel Hill female. The pups are 5 weeks old. We were able to get Jason Guthrie, the only Guthrie still hunting back into Blueticks. Tony has been talking about getting back into hounds. Its been a pleasure to get hounds back in the hands of hard hunters.

Home of

Natural,Bawlmouth,Coldnose, Hardtreeing,Blueticks.
Hazel Hill Blueticks A Family Name since 1949.

PROUD MEMBERS OF TEAM COON DOG!

Brad & Alison (Wilcox) McGill
(660) 833-3180
hazelhillblueticks@hotmail.com

Old Post 01-11-2016 03:44 AM
Hazel Hill Blueticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hazel Hill Blueticks Click here to Send Hazel Hill Blueticks a Private Message Click Here to Email Hazel Hill Blueticks Find more posts by Hazel Hill Blueticks Add Hazel Hill Blueticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BluBritches
UKC Forum Member

Re: big boy blues ukc #

quote:
Originally posted by blueme
Dear bluebritchs thank you for the pm. Don't know what happened to the thread we were talking on. I can't find it any more. Hope I Didnt Mess it Up. I was wondering if you ever seen a ped with hazel hill candy x hammer x. or Candy X Mad Dog Smokie. Thank you for your help.

Sorry sir
I hadn't been on here as I was spending the weekend with my kiddos.
@ Allen I knew Wallace and Carl both good men of course I was shorter then the itch weeds back then lol
Anyways sounds like you boys got the topic covered
@blueme if you need me and I'm not on here I sent your boy a private message with my number.

Old Post 01-11-2016 02:05 PM
BluBritches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluBritches Click here to Send BluBritches a Private Message Find more posts by BluBritches Add BluBritches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueme
UKC Forum Member

alan my mind is no good any more. Until that boy started talkin i almost forgot i hunted. Just lookin though old stuff some labeled some not. What was mr ratliffs dog or kennel name? Hazel hill good to hear the next gen still houndin. Bluebritchs they tell me i cant be understood over the phone. I think i still sound the same. We have all not been as tall as itch weeds at some point, for me that might have been right after noahs flood. Havent got this all down yet, but it has brought back somegood times. Keep those hounds nose on the ground, and tree those coons year round.

Old Post 01-11-2016 04:10 PM
blueme
UKC Forum Member

mad dog john 2

alan did mr ratliff have ratliffs blue joker the grandpa to john 2? If so i might have met him one night. Hazel hill do you have any dogs with gunner 2 in a ped? If so any plans to cross that on your dog that is out of candy? I think both candy and gunner 2 placed at the world hunt.

Last edited by blueme on 01-14-2016 at 05:15 PM

Old Post 01-14-2016 04:38 PM
BluBritches
UKC Forum Member

a long long time ago..........

A bit before my time but I know a guy I can ask about ratliff's joker
I'll private message you the details and maybe some old pics if I can find any

Old Post 01-15-2016 10:15 PM
BluBritches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluBritches Click here to Send BluBritches a Private Message Find more posts by BluBritches Add BluBritches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hazel Hill Blueticks
UKC Forum Member

Pratt is your first name Steve and did you use to hunt with Donnie Guthrie? I was just talking to Jason a Nephew of Donnie's. He remembers the name Pratt, but not sure of the first name. We don't have any blood from the Gunner hounds, but still have the blood in the kennel that produced them.

Home of

(660) 833-3180

Old Post 01-16-2016 12:17 AM
Hazel Hill Blueticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hazel Hill Blueticks Click here to Send Hazel Hill Blueticks a Private Message Click Here to Email Hazel Hill Blueticks Find more posts by Hazel Hill Blueticks Add Hazel Hill Blueticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hazel Hill Blueticks
UKC Forum Member

Pratt is your first name Steve and did you use to hunt with Donnie Guthrie? I was just talking to Jason a Nephew of Donnie's. He remembers the name Pratt, but not sure of the first name. We don't have any blood from the Gunner hounds, but still have the blood in the kennel that produced them.

Home of

(660) 833-3180

Old Post 01-16-2016 12:17 AM
blueme
UKC Forum Member

Goerge and i lived in ok back than. If i did not much. Maybe in a cast or two. Or maybe for fun once or twice. What is jasons dog out of? Was candy the last big name hazel hill dog?

Old Post 01-16-2016 05:56 PM
Hazel Hill Blueticks
UKC Forum Member

Jason is hunting a hound out of our Hazel Hill Carl dog and a dog we call Annie. The last Hazel Hill dog that Carl promoted and titled was Hazel Hill Hank. Our Annie hound is out of a male that was sired by Hazel Hill Hank Jr. Hank Jr was owned by Roy Wyrick.

Home of

(660) 833-3180

Old Post 01-17-2016 04:15 AM
blueme
UKC Forum Member

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Hazel Hill Blueticks We don't have any blood from the Gunner hounds, but still have the blood in the kennel that produced them. [/B]
i dont think guthrie gunner1 or that dame was hazel hill bred. Plus i think gunner was a black and white dog. Not sure just thinkin back. Do you have any pics or his ped?

Old Post 01-17-2016 10:57 PM
Hazel Hill Blueticks
UKC Forum Member

GunnerI was sired by Hazel Hill Jim. I have Jim in a pedigree 18 times in a 7 gen ped. Gunner was sired by Jim and one of Donnies females. I talked with Jason and he could not remember what the female was out of. Jim was one of the corner stones in the Hazel Hill kennel.

Home of

(660) 833-3180

Old Post 01-18-2016 01:58 AM
Hazel Hill Blueticks
UKC Forum Member

Gunner was a dog of the late 70's, Gunner II was produced, but to keep a line or pedigree off the dogs going it did not happen. That is why Jason came to us to get back into hounds. Jason said Donnie does not have a pedigree from those hounds.

Home of

(660) 833-3180

Old Post 01-18-2016 02:05 AM
blueme
UKC Forum Member

sorry didnt think that. But it makes sense. Jimmy throw some black and white blueticks. But forget color he throw coondogs.

Old Post 01-19-2016 01:37 AM
BluBritches
UKC Forum Member

late response

quote:
i dont think guthrie gunner1 or that dame was hazel hill bred. Plus i think gunner was a black and white dog. Not sure just thinkin back. Do you have any pics or his ped?

Sorry been offline for a few days dealing with a litter I'm partners on and another on the way.... Mr blue me brad Mcgill probably knows more about the old Hazelhill lines then anyone else in Missouri I think he even has Carl's old notes. As for Roy last I heard he was out east making some noise with a beautiful lil female
Not to change the subject completely but speaking of "jim's" what was quail Creek Jimmy out of and where did his lines go I wonder?
Also @blueme did you get get that report you was looking for. Just curious if it helped out any

Ps there are worse traits to have then black and white blueticks (imo)

Old Post 01-20-2016 01:33 PM
blueme
UKC Forum Member

bluebritches thanks for the ped. Lots of good blood, top and bottom. Do you have much true somkey river blood around you? May be tomrow i will talk more, meds are makin me tired and stuff. Sorry.

Last edited by blueme on 01-20-2016 at 07:13 PM

Old Post 01-20-2016 04:50 PM
blueme
UKC Forum Member

QUAIL CREEK JIMMY CAME OUT OF THE NICHOLS SMOKY LINE. I THINK A MAN NAMED MILLER HAD HIM. I THINK HE HAS OFFSPRING OUT OF ABOUT EVERY LINE. MR MCGILLS EITHER KNOWS ALOT, OR A BIG PART OF THE HISTORY OF THAT LINE IS GONE. READIN AND TALKIN ABOUT OLD DOGS NOW IS ALL YOU CAN DO. IMO IT CANT BET THE WAS THERE AND SEEN THAT. I REMEBER A MAN NAMED DICK, MIGHT PAY YOU TO LOOK HIM UP, IF HE IS STILL KICKIN. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A DOG CARL HAD NAMED LUCY. I THINK SHE WAS SMOKEY RIVER BRED MAYBE.

Old Post 01-22-2016 12:39 AM
BluBritches
UKC Forum Member

hidden treasures

quote:
bluebritches thanks for the ped. Lots of good blood, top and bottom. Do you have much true somkey river blood around you? May be tomrow i will talk more, meds are makin me tired and stuff. Sorry.

Yes I know of some smoky river blood around Missouri and Kansas
Imo smokey river crosses very well on Hazelhill lines and I'm sure Carl made some crosses in that direction. I don't know all the old dogs by name tho more by memories of hunts long ago.
Smokey river blood hazel hill blood and many more are out there nested away like little hidden treasures you just got to be will to work and find them. I know of one dog in particular that has some of the "oldest" blood in the front of its pedigree that I've seen and most don't even know that litter exist. I've been sworn to secrecy but I can say this about his parent....... I didn't even know dogs that old could reproduce....... happy hunting to all in and out of the woods

Old Post 01-23-2016 03:01 AM
BluBritches
UKC Forum Member

most don't know dick

quote:
QUAIL CREEK JIMMY CAME OUT OF THE NICHOLS SMOKY LINE. I THINK A MAN NAMED MILLER HAD HIM. I THINK HE HAS OFFSPRING OUT OF ABOUT EVERY LINE. MR MCGILLS EITHER KNOWS ALOT, OR A BIG PART OF THE HISTORY OF THAT LINE IS GONE. READIN AND TALKIN ABOUT OLD DOGS NOW IS ALL YOU CAN DO. IMO IT CANT BET THE WAS THERE AND SEEN THAT. I REMEBER A MAN NAMED DICK, MIGHT PAY YOU TO LOOK HIM UP, IF HE IS STILL KICKIN. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A DOG CARL HAD NAMED LUCY. I THINK SHE WAS SMOKEY RIVER BRED MAYBE.

Does Dick have a last name
Is it short for Richard

Old Post 01-26-2016 09:10 PM
Hazel Hill Blueticks
UKC Forum Member

<---------- In search of the next Hazel Hill Hammer. I know that works.

Home of

(660) 833-3180

Old Post 01-28-2016 01:31 PM
blueme
UKC Forum Member

hazel hill hammer

quote:
Originally posted by Hazel Hill Blueticks
<---------- In search of the next Hazel Hill Hammer. I know that works.
do you mean the one bred to browning lake june, i would have thought that was before your time? Bluebritches i dont think it was short, i dont know but it might have had drum in it, but really dont know.

Last edited by blueme on 01-29-2016 at 12:07 AM

Old Post 01-29-2016 12:00 AM
Hazel Hill Blueticks
UKC Forum Member

Re: hazel hill hammer

quote:
do you mean the one bred to browning lake june, i would have thought that was before your time? Bluebritches i dont think it was short, i dont know but it might have had drum in it, but really dont know.

Before my time, but you have to know where you have been to know where your going. Time will tell the next chapter of the Hazel Hill story.

Home of

(660) 833-3180

Old Post 01-29-2016 02:06 AM
Hazel Hill Blueticks
UKC Forum Member

Pratt are you still around my Friend?

Home of

(660) 833-3180

Old Post 12-29-2019 02:35 AM