UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Flea Collars
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Flea Collars

Hey guys just wondering about the Saresto flea collars or their equivalent in other brands. How do they work, how do they hold up to hard hunting in thick brush? Ever had one come off during hunting? I'm thinking of trying them this year your opinion are appreciated! Thanks

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid! (John Wayne)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-19-2020 09:21 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Greene
UKC Forum Member

Seresto collars

Hands down, the best thing I've ever used for flea and tick control. Hold up well in hunting conditions. I did buy some last year off eBay (for half price) that didn't seem to work well? I love that you can put them on a dog, and not have to worry about fleas for 8 months.

Old Post 01-19-2020 10:20 PM
T Greene is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Greene Click here to Send T Greene a Private Message Click Here to Email T Greene Find more posts by T Greene Add T Greene to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

X2

Old Post 01-19-2020 11:09 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BluetickHound22
UKC Forum Member

Re: Seresto collars

quote:
Originally posted by T Greene
Hands down, the best thing I've ever used for flea and tick control. Hold up well in hunting conditions. I did buy some last year off eBay (for half price) that didn't seem to work well? I love that you can put them on a dog, and not have to worry about fleas for 8 months.

I did the same thing, the ones from ebay are fake.
I bought 4 or 5 thinking I was getting a deal.

Old Post 01-20-2020 12:31 AM
BluetickHound22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluetickHound22 Click here to Send BluetickHound22 a Private Message Click Here to Email BluetickHound22 Find more posts by BluetickHound22 Add BluetickHound22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys appreciated! Have been using bravecto last couple years and it worked flawlessly until last summer and had 2 dogs get lymes. As I had a conversation with vet that I had been getting the bravecto from they said the fleas and ticks had to bite the dog before it killed them and by that time it's too late the bacteria can be transmitted, needless to say wont be using that waste of money no more!

Old Post 01-20-2020 01:39 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Truth
UKC Forum Member

Collar

The collar is real good for flees and ticks for yard dogs.
But doesn’t protect against mosquitoes. K-9 Advantage 2 is the best I found so far.. I protect from fleas ticks and mosquitoes.

But 1 thing you have to do and it’s not an option not to.
Get a limes vaccine for you dog. Always get every vaccine available for your dog. Give the gradually over time without to many at once. Rabies by itself 6 mo. 18 months and 3 years after and that’s it.

That’s my opinion.

TRUTH

Old Post 01-21-2020 03:24 AM
Truth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Truth Click here to Send Truth a Private Message Find more posts by Truth Add Truth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Flea Collars

quote:
Originally posted by bearhunter747
Hey guys just wondering about the Saresto flea collars or their equivalent in other brands. How do they work, how do they hold up to hard hunting in thick brush? Ever had one come off during hunting? I'm thinking of trying them this year your opinion are appreciated! Thanks
I LIKE YOU LEARNED THAT THE ORALS ARE A WASTE OF MONEY , NONE OF THEM HAVE A TICK KILL TIME FAST ENOUGH TO PROTECT YOUR HOUND ,I HAVE NEVER FOUND A DEAD TICK OR FOUND A FLEA ON MY DOG WITH THE SARESTO COLAR ,I HAVE USED THEM 3 YEARS NOW ,EVERY SPRING I TEST BOTH MY HOUNDS AT THE VET FOR TICK DISEASE AND HEART WORMS AND HAVE NOT HAD A DOG TEST POSITIVE , I CHANGE THEM OUT AT 6 MONTHS , I PUT A COUPLE QWICK TIES ON THEM TO KEEP THEM IN PLACE AND HUNT SOME ROUGH COUNTRY ,

Old Post 01-22-2020 09:59 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Many Thanks for the info! I thought that a zip tie might be needed to keep in place, I guess now I just need to decide which brand to use. I like that the advantix repels mosquitos also.

Old Post 01-22-2020 12:18 PM
Trueblood85
UKC Forum Member

Just ordered the seresto collars from Amazon, get a small discount when buying 2 pack.

Old Post 01-23-2020 09:22 PM
Trueblood85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trueblood85 Click here to Send Trueblood85 a Private Message Find more posts by Trueblood85 Add Trueblood85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote