UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Looking for an AI and storage service in or near Michigan!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Brandon Coselman
UKC Forum Member

Looking for an AI and storage service in or near Michigan!

Sense Dean's passing... I, like alot of other Nevergone customers are looking for a someone new! I prefer the scope method rather than the surgical procedure. Thanks for any help. Happy New Year!

Home of: 2017 Grand Masters Invitational Champion, 2016 & 2017 Michigan PKC State Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Mr Clean's Snooki
&
2022 Senior SS Reserve Champion PCH GRNITECH Snooki's Jwoww

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-01-2020 04:53 AM
Brandon Coselman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon Coselman Click here to Send Brandon Coselman a Private Message Click Here to Email Brandon Coselman Find more posts by Brandon Coselman Add Brandon Coselman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J Gearing
UKC Forum Member

A young man, woman or couple should educate themselves and buy Nevergone. Nothing like it in Indiana that I have been able to find. The closest thing to Dean's operation is Block Sports in NC. Storing one place and shipping to another for AI is cost prohibitive. Dean was a pleasure to do business with. His passing has left a huge void for many.

Old Post 01-01-2020 09:11 PM
J Gearing is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Gearing Click here to Send J Gearing a Private Message Click Here to Email J Gearing Find more posts by J Gearing Add J Gearing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric Bierman
UKC Forum Member

Semen storage

If you're looking for a place to store semen in Michigan, check with CentralStar Cooperative in East Lansing. I don't know if they would be interested or have room for yours or what they'd charge for storing it, if they did. But, it might be worth your time to check.

Old Post 01-02-2020 02:50 AM
Eric Bierman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Bierman Click here to Send Eric Bierman a Private Message Find more posts by Eric Bierman Add Eric Bierman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Brandon, these are the folks I am going to try.. Very near you I believe.. couple hours from me.. I talked to them and they seemed to be very professional... FWIW

Schultz Veterinary Clinic

Serving Lansing and Surrounding Areas

twitter
facebook
google
feed

CALL (517)337-4800
FAX: (517) 337-1874
2770 Bennett Road
Okemos MI 48864

Home
About us
Our Services
Reproduction
Forms/Guides
Contact Us
Video

WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
Current fees are approximately $445 for the freeze and $94 per year storage. If you have an AKC or UKC breed, these registration bodies require a DNA number be on file and will cost approximately $40-45 to process. A breeding with frozen semen entails ovulation timing and a surgical insemination is usually preferred. Costs vary and can be discussed individually.
WHAT KIND OF PAPERWORK AND RECORD KEEPING ARE NECESSARY?
A copy of the stud’s individual registration papers and positive identification including microchip or tattoo and current photos are usually required. The stud owner’s signature must be obtained so that we may file appropriate paperwork with the stud dog’s registration body. After the semen is collected and stored, the stud dog owner will receive written information regarding the collection statistics and a yearly storage bill.
WHAT IS THE SUCCESS RATE FOR A BREEDING WITH FROZEN SEMEN?
Individual success will vary depending on the semen quality, bitch fertility and procedures used for the breeding. Parameters exist for the appropriate use of frozen semen for a breeding and should be investigated in advance of a bitch’s heat cycle. Often it is a better option to delay the use of frozen semen until the stud dog is deceased or cannot provide fresh semen for any reason

Recent posts

Old Post 01-02-2020 01:44 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brandon Coselman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Hall
Brandon, these are the folks I am going to try.. Very near you I believe.. couple hours from me.. I talked to them and they seemed to be very professional... FWIW

Schultz Veterinary Clinic

Serving Lansing and Surrounding Areas

twitter
facebook
google
feed

CALL (517)337-4800
FAX: (517) 337-1874
2770 Bennett Road
Okemos MI 48864

Home
About us
Our Services
Reproduction
Forms/Guides
Contact Us
Video

WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
Current fees are approximately $445 for the freeze and $94 per year storage. If you have an AKC or UKC breed, these registration bodies require a DNA number be on file and will cost approximately $40-45 to process. A breeding with frozen semen entails ovulation timing and a surgical insemination is usually preferred. Costs vary and can be discussed individually.
WHAT KIND OF PAPERWORK AND RECORD KEEPING ARE NECESSARY?
A copy of the stud’s individual registration papers and positive identification including microchip or tattoo and current photos are usually required. The stud owner’s signature must be obtained so that we may file appropriate paperwork with the stud dog’s registration body. After the semen is collected and stored, the stud dog owner will receive written information regarding the collection statistics and a yearly storage bill.
WHAT IS THE SUCCESS RATE FOR A BREEDING WITH FROZEN SEMEN?
Individual success will vary depending on the semen quality, bitch fertility and procedures used for the breeding. Parameters exist for the appropriate use of frozen semen for a breeding and should be investigated in advance of a bitch’s heat cycle. Often it is a better option to delay the use of frozen semen until the stud dog is deceased or cannot provide fresh semen for any reason

Recent posts

Schultz is under 30 mins from my house. But my Vet has recommended against him. Says he is getting up in the years and has been missing quite a few females and what not. Plus his cost is double of what Dean's was...

Home of: 2017 Grand Masters Invitational Champion, 2016 & 2017 Michigan PKC State Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Mr Clean's Snooki
&
2022 Senior SS Reserve Champion PCH GRNITECH Snooki's Jwoww

Last edited by Brandon Coselman on 01-02-2020 at 02:12 PM

Old Post 01-02-2020 02:05 PM
Brandon Coselman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon Coselman Click here to Send Brandon Coselman a Private Message Click Here to Email Brandon Coselman Find more posts by Brandon Coselman Add Brandon Coselman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

http://www.foutsequine.com/content/...ces.......check this vet. out located in Bristol Indiana, says equine,but he does canines also.
Fee r along Bitzels fees ! 😀

Old Post 01-02-2020 02:20 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Good to have first hand info.. I talked to the office folks on the phone is all.

I don't think we will have any success finding cost similar to Dean.. He was probably seriously under priced for the market..

Let me know who you do pick.. I have some old semen stored at Never Gone I'd like to move somewhere reliable as well within two hours of home. Back to plan B after your info.. sigh...

Old Post 01-02-2020 02:22 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

http://www.foutsequine.com/
Here's a best link....

Old Post 01-02-2020 02:23 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

I have semen collected and stored at Fouts. He is very hard to get in touch with at times. We bred one female and she didn’t catch. Not ruling him out, but am a little concerned. FWIW.

Old Post 01-02-2020 04:21 PM
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Hall
I have semen collected and stored at Fouts. He is very hard to get in touch with at times. We bred one female and she didn’t catch. Not ruling him out, but am a little concerned. FWIW.

No different than Bitzel.....hard to get ahold of,& occasionally missed ....

Old Post 01-02-2020 11:34 PM
benderb4
Banned

https://northviewvet.com/our-servcies-breeding/

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 01-03-2020 10:31 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msarka
UKC Forum Member

Brandon, There is a place in Romeo. I talked to a lady and they do collect and store semen there. It’s called Wilson veterinary. I can’t remember the prices but you can call and get more information.

Home of GRNITECH ‘PR’ BELLE RIVER BANDIT

Old Post 01-03-2020 10:42 PM
msarka is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msarka Click here to Send msarka a Private Message Find more posts by msarka Add msarka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote