UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > coon hunting league
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

coon hunting league

Has there ever been a coon hunting league? Just like a golf league or a bowling league. 4 dog teams from area clubs, have a payout at the end of the season. Any subs have to be paid out by the person who can't make it. I think this would bring a little fun, a little competition, and to prepare your dog for the hunts, if that's your desire! I played softball for years, and we played our league games to get ready for tournaments, but the leagues I played in were competitive, and fun too!

Bruce Profitt

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-19-2017 02:39 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: coon hunting league

quote:
Originally posted by dbpro56
....... I think this would bring a little fun, a little competition, and to prepare your dog for the hunts, if that's your desire! I played softball for years, and we played our league games to get ready for tournaments, but the leagues I played in were competitive, and fun too!.....

They have just such a tournament. They call it the UKC World Championship. It consists of Regional Qualifiers, then Zone Hunts and then the Finals. They are all competitive and fun also. And you hunt in your local hunts to get ready for them

Old Post 10-19-2017 03:22 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

Richard, I get that, but this would be a little less competitive . It was just an idea, not a suggestion.

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 10-19-2017 06:14 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Your ideas are just as good as anyone's but I can't imagine a bunch of coonhunters getting together and it not getting competitive. That is just the nature of the beast. And I am not just talking about coonhunters. Henry Ford once said that the first Ford automobile race happened 5 minutes after the second automobile rolled off the assembly line.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 10-19-2017 at 06:36 PM

Old Post 10-19-2017 06:27 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote