UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Nocturnal nailor
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Georgiahoundman
New UKC Forum Member

Nocturnal nailor

I feel like this dog never gets recognition. He has a ton of pups out there. What痴 different from him and the big names of the past like rat, Sackett, and the big names.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-24-2018 12:07 AM
Georgiahoundman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Georgiahoundman Click here to Send Georgiahoundman a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgiahoundman Find more posts by Georgiahoundman Add Georgiahoundman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

I値l be interested to read the responses to this question as I own one of the last few directly out of Nailor

Old Post 08-24-2018 09:23 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Brown
UKC Forum Member

I think Nailor was as famous in his time as the others you mentioned. He has been gone a little longer though.

Home of :
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Peggy 4/91-1/02
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Little Peg 6/98-3/08
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Haley 8/02-11/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Taylor 3/05-11/17
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Rotten 10/08-2/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Midge 12/10-1/21
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Jessie 4/14-
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Lilly 5/19-

Old Post 08-25-2018 06:15 PM
Travis Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Brown Click here to Send Travis Brown a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Brown Find more posts by Travis Brown Add Travis Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Travis,

I am making this cross in a few days on my Nailor semen male.

覧覧GRNITECH YADKIN TAR RATTLE
覧GRNITECH NOCTURNAL NAILOR
覧覧GRNITECH GRCH LOCKDOWN LASSIE
NITECH GRCH NAILOR担 NOCTURNAL KID (3 wins to GRNTCH)
覧覧GRNTCH GRCH ALL GRAND TRACKMAN
覧GRNITECH SPLIT CREEK HISTORY AGILE
覧覧WLDNTCH GRNITECH SPLIT CREEK HISTORY QUICK

Super Stakes/Performance Pups

覧覧GRNITECH DAVIS担 STYLISH HARRY HAMMER (HARRY X ABBY)

覧GRNITECH GRCH THOMAS ONLY REEZEN

覧覧GRNITECH SCAR痴 OPEN SPOTTED JULE (WLDNTCH SCAR)

NTCH REBA MC ENTIRE (1 win to GRNTCH)

覧覧GRNTCH GRCH ALL GRAND TRACKMAN

覧-GRNITECH GRAY担 STYLISH PAGE

覧覧GRNITECH BROWN担 TAYLOR (HARRY X HALEY)

Hoping for some balanced track and tree

Tim

Old Post 08-27-2018 01:06 AM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rodney batiste
UKC Forum Member

Nailor

Nailor name stood up to any of those dogs you mentioned. He did his part in the Walker history and it's still showing today. Long live Nocturnal Nailor...

Old Post 08-27-2018 01:55 AM
rodney batiste is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rodney batiste Click here to Send rodney batiste a Private Message Click Here to Email rodney batiste Find more posts by rodney batiste Add rodney batiste to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

I致e got semen stored off a direct son of Nailor.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 08-27-2018 03:20 AM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

I mean absolutely no disrespect, and I'm sure not looking to start any fights. But weren't alot of the Nailor pups a little weak on hunt, and a little heavy on tree? Most I encountered (when there were several pups out of him around) kinda fit this description.
Seemed like for the most part they were big, good looking suckers, deep red square headed, with way above average mouthes. Most wouldn't be pushed around, and were bomb-proof first treedogs, right or wrong.

Old Post 08-27-2018 04:04 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rodney batiste
UKC Forum Member

Not by my experience with Nailors pups. Unless I was lucky all that I've owned had plenty of hunt in them. I bought most of my Nailor pups from Larry Shultz and was satisfied with everyone of them.

Old Post 08-27-2018 05:59 AM
rodney batiste is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rodney batiste Click here to Send rodney batiste a Private Message Click Here to Email rodney batiste Find more posts by rodney batiste Add rodney batiste to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

My experience with Nailor bred dogs was through Salt Creek Molly Ann who was off Nailor and no matter who she was bred to, her pups never lacked hunt. I've heard that about Nailor pups being lazy, just never seen it myself.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 08-27-2018 02:16 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rowdykidz
UKC Forum Member

I have a female who's grand-sire is from Nailor semen. She is a big, red headed, male-mouthed female who treed her first coon at 8 months. She loves the hunt just as much (if not more) than she loves the tree. She will not honor another dog, she works every tree out by her own nose. She is going to make a good one.

Old Post 08-27-2018 08:51 PM
rowdykidz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rowdykidz Click here to Send rowdykidz a Private Message Click Here to Email rowdykidz Find more posts by rowdykidz Add rowdykidz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Cory I'm in the same boat as you. I hunted with some that in thick coon could look outstanding. I hunted with a few that looked good no matter where you cut them. But the majority I hunted with didn't have the go that I would want.

Old Post 09-05-2018 06:38 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Re: Nailor

quote:
Originally posted by rodney batiste
Nailor name stood up to any of those dogs you mentioned. He did his part in the Walker history and it's still showing today. Long live Nocturnal Nailor...
X2,go back and look at the number of World Champions in thedifferent registeries and you will see what Nailor contributed, alot got that nailor blood in them. The nailer stock i have, if anything hunt hard and personally to dang far, will swim a river in a heartbeat at 8,9,or 1000yrds and fast, coon will climb, even when their over 9 yrs old, power houses. Nailor was a great hpund, period. Some people will say this or that about him bad but the truth is jealousy runs rampant inthis great sport of coonhunting. How great was Nailor that depends on who you ask. I'll just say this, he was so great, that some made a effort to sabotage and ruin his breeding ability because of greed and jealousy. Thats all l have to say about that. Don't turn a Nailor hound lose in thin coon unless you can drive closer, period.

Old Post 09-12-2018 11:59 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote