UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Famous Dogs First Hand
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Charles Pullen
Best I had the opportunity to watch was in a nite hunt was Tennessee Lead . Old George Maupin was a good handler too . But old Lead was impressive that night I hunted with him . It seems like it was yesterday. But I think George has done quit hunting.

Lead was a good looking sucker too!!

Broke Back Kennels video productions

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-04-2020 08:43 PM
BrokeBackKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrokeBackKennel Click here to Send BrokeBackKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email BrokeBackKennel Find more posts by BrokeBackKennel Add BrokeBackKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
For anyone that has not hunted with some of the bigger winners you'll be amazed at how common they can look at times. Many just have a knack, or trait that gives them a slight edge.

The one thing most of them have is heart. Very few are more talented than just a good dog. They just want it more than the rest.

So very true!!!

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 04-04-2020 09:40 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Charles Pullen

Lol. Seriously don't think many realized just what you posted or even knew the difference, thought it was just another dog. I thought it was funny. Lol. Dave

Old Post 04-04-2020 09:50 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Charles Pullen
Best I had the opportunity to watch was in a nite hunt was Tennessee Lead . Old George Maupin was a good handler too . But old Lead was impressive that night I hunted with him . It seems like it was yesterday. But I think George has done quit hunting.
just curious what kind of light were you using then? I had a pup directly off Lead all mine wanted to do was run deer and fox....but you know the saying, the deader the better!....

Old Post 04-04-2020 10:16 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Tennessee lead and old George Maupin where running around in 1855 plus he was a black and tan in color of unknown origins but the dog that built the Walker breed. I had to read that a couple of times before I figured the joke out.

Old Post 04-05-2020 05:24 AM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

I messed my years up the dog was stolen out of a deer race in 1852. Go to Walker hounds dot com. They got the history of the Walker hounds on there. Of course the Walker hounds where foxhounds first before the treeing ones should up.

Old Post 04-05-2020 05:35 AM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

Thousand Dollar Bill
Jane
Meltdown
Rack Em Willy
3 Dee
Smirnoff
Emmy
Big Money
Little Money
Hell On Heelz
Whole 9 yards
Trader
Bone Collector
Cold Hard B
Awesome
Mr. Overdrive
Halftime Ruby
I don’t think of them as famous but Shack and Mafia
Parsley’s Jake (He May not be famous either but he’s in the top 3 of this list)
Like Josh said earlier in the post you would be absolutely amazed at how ignorant any of these dogs can look. They will leave you scratching your head some nights wondering how they ever pulled it off the difference between them and the common coon treers is the same difference between a common athlete and an extraordinary athlete Mental Toughness and heart.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Last edited by Team Mafia 2 on 04-05-2020 at 07:56 AM

Old Post 04-05-2020 07:41 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Bedgood
UKC Forum Member

Re: Andy Bedgood

quote:
Originally posted by ClayBottom11
What kind of style did Sunrise have? I had two litter mates off of him and I’ve always been curious to hear from someone that went with him, thanks!

Judged him when he won the SS in the semi-final round that put him in the finals. best I can remember, we treed four coons in that cast and he had three of them by himself. Really made a lasting impression. Also judged Silver Dollar Stone in the semi's that put him in the final cast when he won the world the same year. He was not near as impressive as Sunrise was in that cast.

Last edited by Andy Bedgood on 04-05-2020 at 10:44 AM

Old Post 04-05-2020 10:37 AM
Andy Bedgood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Bedgood Click here to Send Andy Bedgood a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Bedgood Find more posts by Andy Bedgood Add Andy Bedgood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Andy Bedgood

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Bedgood
Judged him when he won the SS in the semi-final round that put him in the finals. best I can remember, we treed four coons in that cast and he had three of them by himself. Really made a lasting impression. Also judged Silver Dollar Stone in the semi's that put him in the final cast when he won the world the same year. He was not near as impressive as Sunrise was in that cast.

Man.....he was a sho nuff coon dog!!

Old Post 04-05-2020 02:41 PM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta slough
UKC Forum Member

In the mid 1970's (1975 I believe) Billy Leadbetter won the ACHA world hunt with a Walker named Tennessee Lead. He was a loud impressive tree dog. Jr.Jr.Steelman

Old Post 04-05-2020 04:04 PM
delta slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta slough Find more posts by delta slough Add delta slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by delta slough
In the mid 1970's (1975 I believe) Billy Leadbetter won the ACHA world hunt with a Walker named Tennessee Lead. He was a loud impressive tree dog. Jr.Jr.Steelman

What was its breeding??.i have heard of that dog somewherez

Old Post 04-05-2020 04:12 PM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fullhouse
Banned

Dont know what the line is for Famous but also hunted with John Wicks Jug Leopard dog 15 or 20 times. Hard hunter, by himself, good about having coons. Not a big mouth but had the right pitch where it carried real good.

Old Post 04-06-2020 01:48 AM
fullhouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fullhouse Click here to Send fullhouse a Private Message Find more posts by fullhouse Add fullhouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

All jokes aside this time fellas . Glad y’all did enjoy the Tennessee Lead story though , but I’ve see a lot go but I was impressed not once but twice by a B&T name Bad to the bone Blackhawk !

Old Post 04-06-2020 03:17 AM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btg
UKC Forum Member

Parsley Jake

quote:
Originally posted by Team Mafia 2
Thousand Dollar Bill
Jane
Meltdown
Rack Em Willy
3 Dee
Smirnoff
Emmy
Big Money
Little Money
Hell On Heelz
Whole 9 yards
Trader
Bone Collector
Cold Hard B
Awesome
Mr. Overdrive
Halftime Ruby
I don’t think of them as famous but Shack and Mafia
Parsley’s Jake (He May not be famous either but he’s in the top 3 of this list)
Like Josh said earlier in the post you would be absolutely amazed at how ignorant any of these dogs can look. They will leave you scratching your head some nights wondering how they ever pulled it off the difference between them and the common coon treers is the same difference between a common athlete and an extraordinary athlete Mental Toughness and heart.

I drew Parsleys Jake one time. Best dog I have ever seen that night. I think John got a little upset when I made him turn back loose when I had no chance of winning. Then I explained to him that I had driven 9 hours to hunt and I wasn't quitting until I saw just how bad he could beat me. He got a little chuckle out of it and we had an enjoyable rest of the cast.

Old Post 04-06-2020 10:46 PM
btg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for btg Click here to Send btg a Private Message Click Here to Email btg Find more posts by btg Add btg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Maybe not famous but pretty well known in their time
Sparetime Spanky
Northern Blue Jet 7
Nighty Night Little Red
Moonlight Pepper Ann
Tonys Wild Clover
Lawsons Lone River Gunner

Mr. Stevens, I never ran with Sparetime Spanky but I remember bumping into Randy Leonard in 1989 at the BBCHA Spring Hunt in Ashland Ohio when he was campaigning Spanky for Bart Nation. I believe the dog was only 14mos. old at the time. I remember asking him what kind of track dog he was and his comment was " 'Ol Spanky don't say much on the ground but he gets a lot of 1st trees and he'll take all the pressure that gets put on him."

What was it that impressed you about him?

Last edited by DL NH on 04-07-2020 at 03:41 AM

Old Post 04-07-2020 03:37 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DL NH
Mr. Stevens, I never ran with Sparetime Spanky but I remember bumping into Randy Leonard in 1989 at the BBCHA Spring Hunt in Ashland Ohio when he was campaigning Spanky for Bart Nation. I remember asking him what kind of track dog he was and his comment was " 'Ol Spanky don't say much on the ground but he gets a lot of 1st trees and he'll take all the pressure that gets put on him."

What was it that impressed you about him?

Nothing that night lol. It was a strange night in all fairness to the dog they were just using him as a block dog for their Purina ch that was on the cast too. He was tight and accurate didn't do anything in a hurry. Just walked around and treed coons. Jerry was handling their Purina dog but you could tell he had a strange control over Spanky. He actually talked the dog into getting down off a tree beside us by not doin much more then muttering at him lol. They wanted his score close to the other dog but not too close lol. Strange night. I was a long time figuring out half of what went down that night. Mine got sleepy and went for a nap at halftime. Thats as honest as I can put it.

Old Post 04-07-2020 03:50 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Nothing that night lol. It was a strange night in all fairness to the dog they were just using him as a block dog for their Purina ch that was on the cast too. He was tight and accurate didn't do anything in a hurry. Just walked around and treed coons. Jerry was handling their Purina dog but you could tell he had a strange control over Spanky. He actually talked the dog into getting down off a tree beside us by not doin much more then muttering at him lol. They wanted his score close to the other dog but not too close lol. Strange night. I was a long time figuring out half of what went down that night. Mine got sleepy and went for a nap at halftime. Thats as honest as I can put it.

Good story!! Thanks for sharing

Old Post 04-07-2020 11:31 AM
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by FLYbyNIGHT

---------NTCH. Pratts Tenn. Jim
-----NTCH. Ledbetter's Tenn. Lead
---------Ledbetter's Tenn. Lil
GRNTCH. Tennessee Lead II
---------NTCH. Boone Creek Mike (BANJO II)
-----NTCH. Dohoney's Sally
---------NTCH. Martins Golden Star

Old Post 04-07-2020 04:03 PM
BrokeBackKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrokeBackKennel Click here to Send BrokeBackKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email BrokeBackKennel Find more posts by BrokeBackKennel Add BrokeBackKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by FLYbyNIGHT

Old Post 04-07-2020 04:04 PM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BrokeBackKennel

Wow! I actually owned a female off of nt ch dohoney's sally my how time flies

Old Post 04-08-2020 12:34 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

Dancer's Northern Blue Son
Davis' White River Salin Sadie
Tough Times Bodie - he won the purina race that year I drew him

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 04-08-2020 07:32 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIG-MAN071
UKC Forum Member

CROW AND GRANT'S CUTTER WAS GOOD ONE TOO !

Old Post 04-08-2020 07:36 PM
BIG-MAN071 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG-MAN071 Click here to Send BIG-MAN071 a Private Message Click Here to Email BIG-MAN071 Find more posts by BIG-MAN071 Add BIG-MAN071 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Autumn Clements
Dancer's Northern Blue Son
Davis' White River Salin Sadie
Tough Times Bodie - he won the purina race that year I drew him

I heard bodie was a COON DOG!!!

Old Post 04-08-2020 07:57 PM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I have been fortunate enough to draw to many to list and have been lucky enough to own some listed.

The only dog to ever impress me that I will take to my grave in amazement is Seth Isch Red Susie gyp. That night was like a perfect star aligned meant to be never again to be duplicated performance of a hound.

Old Post 04-08-2020 11:29 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by high ridge
I have been fortunate enough to draw to many to list and have been lucky enough to own some listed.

The only dog to ever impress me that I will take to my grave in amazement is Seth Isch Red Susie gyp. That night was like a perfect star aligned meant to be never again to be duplicated performance of a hound.

Wouldnt mind hearing that story

Old Post 04-08-2020 11:55 PM