UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Glad to see Bo really turning it on. I have been taking it slow with Creek this year so far but plan on hitting a few hunts with her this late Summer and Fall before she comes in Heat. Maybe we will see you at the Fall Roundup with Bo.
Take Care,
Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-08-2014 03:18 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL VIDEO

This is video from a couple mornings ago when Bo had treed and on the way to him Bell treed off to the side. I had got close to BO but when she treed I headed to her to see if BO would pull and I was going to correct him but he didn't. Bo is the one you hear first as I go to Bell.

Old Post 08-08-2014 07:54 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

SKEETER PUPS

Jeremy I really hate to hear that happened to you with the pups. I know yaw was looking forward to them and so was I. Keep me on the list for one as I feel it should be a great cross. Most likely this heat got them as it is screaming hot. Last night at 9:15 it was 87 with a heat index of 96.
Scott, I been working BO kind of slow also because of the heat. I had been hitting the woods most nights but for just a drop or to and swim them to keep in shape and cool them off in the evening. I plan on making the Roundup and will look you up while there. Thanks, and Good Hunting!

Old Post 08-08-2014 08:06 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

MORNING HUNT'S

I got up at 2am this morning and took Speck and Bell first. Turned on that feeder I put out the other morning for Bell and Speck struck and moved on out pretty good but Bell didn't put in. He took it a little over 800yds and treed up a big cypress in a creek bottom. I couldn't see the tree good unless I was looking almost straight up and I didn't find him. Bell did her on thing as he was trailing and hunted out good around the bottom but didn't strike. Came home put Speck up and got Bo and went to Black Branch Swamp and made 2 drops with him and Bell but didn't get a strike out of either hound. Bo hunted out both times to about 500yds and Bell went almost 800 on 1 drop but I was watching the map and she had looped out to 4-wheeler trail and ran it to the end, Bo and I call that cheating not hunting! LOL! I was happy the way they both hunted out even if they didn't strike.
Went back to DR. Thursday and he liked the way my finger is looking and said I can work and hunt as long as I keep bandage and glove on it. Will be through with antibiotics Monday and he wants to see me on Thursday and see if it started swelling back after meds are done and if not then I'm good to go. Off the couch and back to some Good Hunting!

Old Post 08-09-2014 12:05 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

Took Bo and Bell Sunday morning at 3:30am for a couple drops. First drop turned them on that bucket feeder I put out to get Bell on some better tracks to get her running and trailing better hopefully. They hit a hot track and it didn't go about 100yds and she hit the tree. Bo was about 30 seconds behind her but he treed also but didn't tree as good as he normally does. They were on a big tree and I could see from one spot pretty good but didn't find him. Made another video of the bright moon and going into them I will post later. One thing I can say for Bell is she is VERY INDEPENDENT and once she trees, she' not going anywhere. Watch her in the video, all her attention is up that tree. If she will get lined out on trailing a coon she's going to be a good one.
Next drop they went down a slough and wasn't gone 5 minutes and Bo went to locating and treeing about 170yds out. Went in and he was winding under some medium size pen oaks that had a lot of grape vines running up into them from everywhere. Bell came in to us and went to blowing the top out with him and I looked in every tree in the area and shook some vines but never found him. I think it was one up in there somewhere I just didn't find him. Get him next time, Good Hunting!

Old Post 08-11-2014 09:04 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL VIDEO

This is video of BO and BELL from Sunday morning turned on bucket feeder hit hot track that didn't go far and BELL hit tree first. Trying to give her a few hot tracks and help her get to trailing better I hope. I videoed the moon first and you just can hear them in the background so give it a minute then I head to them. Click on black picture to hear and see video.
I have hunted BO a couple nights since then and he treed coons both nights. Tuesday night MR. B. H. came over and we hit a hot track that BO treed on a big turkey pine and had the coon so I put it down to him and Boo Boo. He's coming back over tonight and I will take Speck and Bell for a couple drops then later in the night hunt BO a while. Good Hunting!

Old Post 08-15-2014 12:49 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Bo And Bell

are really looking and sounding good Steve. Looks like you are going to have you a pair of winners there.

Old Post 08-15-2014 02:38 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

Thanks MR. Jack, I do like both of them a lot. Bell is to quick to grab a tree but we're working on that. B. H. and I took Speck, Bell and Boo Boo tonight and got on a rough track that Speck and Boo Boo grubbed up and got it going pretty good. Bell fell treed in a elderberry thicket but tree was slick so I sent her back in to them. They got in some water and let him get away from them so headed home at around 11pm and put Speck up and got Bo. We went deep into Black Branch Swamp before we cut them loose and they struck pretty quick and smoked one out of the good woods into a bad, bad area. Bell was giving mouth just right on that hot track and was doing her share and they sounded good in that thicket they were in. He eventually broke them down some after about a 20 minute race and Bell fell treed and Bo joined her. It was the worse 200yds to go through to get to them as you will ever find. They were treed up a big bay tree but I think they missed him because I could see it pretty good but no eyes to be found. Bryan Tate ended up in that thicket one night back in the winter with me chasing those mean coons and I haven't heard from him since. After tonight refreshed my memory of how bad that part of the swamp is I can't blame him. Good Hunting, cool weather is coming, it felt good late tonight.

Old Post 08-15-2014 07:32 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Bell

Bell has a sister in AL that is doing real good but I don't think she is hunting in the big swamps like you are. Hope Bell turns out for you. These pups all have loud mouths like their sire. Dave P.S. I finially got the video to come up. I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by david woofter on 08-15-2014 at 01:16 PM

Old Post 08-15-2014 12:17 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Thanks Dave, she is a nice young hound and I feel if she had the woods time BO has had she would be a lot further along. I am going to keep her in the woods at least 4 nights a week and I feel she is going to come around just fine. She is a loner and deaf to another hound especially when treed.
MR. B. H. came back tonight and brought MAX and I just took BO. WE went to BO's bottom and cut them down river and they hit a good track and took it back up river then into a cypress bottom with a lot of sloughs and water and started breaking down a little. B.H. and I sat there for the next 45 minutes listening to the best dog work I've heard in a while. They moved him in and out of that bottom and all through the water and grass with cypress knees everywhere. Located up a couple trees but never stuck. After a while BO located and really lit up that swamp and MAX joined in. I made my way to them and could tell they were moving around a little and they were. They were winding him as they stood in over a foot of water all around them. He was sitting in the tip top of a cypress about 20 feet from where they had their nose in the air treeing. I knocked him down as they sure earned him. MR. B.H. really enjoyed that hound work on that track and bragged the ole pot lickers up. We rode down by the beaver lake and cut them down the creek and they struck quick and rolled him about 200yds and BO hit the tree about 2 locates ahead of MAX and they lit the creek bottom up. I went in and looked at that one but left him to run another day and we came on in. I worked all day on new kennel and going to hit it hard again tomorrow so made a short hunt tonight. Good Hunting!

Old Post 08-16-2014 05:19 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Picture of BO from a week ago on a track that wasn't that great but he ended up with the coon at the end. He is really starting to work rougher tracks and doing a pretty good job of it at his young age of 13 months. I didn't hunt last night but will hit it tonight. It has got HOT around here and no relief in sight.

Old Post 08-20-2014 02:28 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Young Dogs

Your young Guns are looking good Steve. Keep up the good work. Dave

Old Post 08-20-2014 03:39 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

Thanks Dave. I took both of them out tonight and Bell struck first around 260yds and Bo put in with her and they moved the track up the slough for a couple hundred yards and Bell hit a tree but Bo kept working track so I sat on the 4-wheeler and listened for a few minutes. She didn't really light it up so was thinking maybe she stopped to quick. She treed about 3 minutes as Bo went on then she left and joined him and put in a few more times with him on track before she hit another tree and this time she lit it up so I got the rifle off the rack and started to her and about that time Bo fell treed a little to her right. I made it to them and they were both on cypress trees about 50 feet apart and both had a young coon sitting about half way up their trees. I left both of them to grow up and run another day. She might of had another young one on that first tree she hit or maybe she pulled up a little quick but either way I was proud of her tonight because at the end of the trail they both did what they were bred to do, tree coons and stay treed on Their tree under pressure. Her working that track with BO is a big leap in the right direction because it wasn't off a bucket feeder and it wasn't a hot track. I use the feeders to help the sows and little ones out and to get young hounds on some good tracks and headed in the right direction but I don't overdo a good thing or they will start running out there 50 to a 100yds looking for that hot track then come back when they don't find it. Tonight they looked pretty good on first drop so I loved them up at the tree and brought them on home. Can't wait for some cooler weather and some more Good hunting!

Old Post 08-21-2014 05:34 AM
Scot Crandall
UKC Forum Member

Bell

Looks like she is getting lined out for ya, glad to see that.

Old Post 08-21-2014 03:04 PM
Scot Crandall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scot Crandall Click here to Send Scot Crandall a Private Message Find more posts by Scot Crandall Add Scot Crandall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Lou

Lou was one of the best young females I have ever messed with Steve over the years and I hope that Bell will continue to improve. Thanks for hunting a Lou pup. I am going to breed her again when she comes in. Dave

Old Post 08-21-2014 03:32 PM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Sounds Good

Looks like there doing good! I think you are addicted again. Relapse!!! Its all Good !!!!!! Ed

Old Post 08-21-2014 04:01 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

Scot, yes she's headed in the right direction and is starting to work tracks some. When I first started hunting her she would go opposite direction I sent her half the time and if she hit a 4-wheeler trail would run it to the end. Frustrating. So I didn't hunt her a lot, just kept BO in the woods most nights and worked with her during the day putting a little more handle on her, swimming her, riding 4-wheeler ect. She settled down a lot and now that I'm putting her back in the woods and on a few feeder bucket hot tracks she is really coming around. With the time in the woods I feel in the next 3 months she will be hitting on all cylinders.
Dave, Bell is a natural tree dog like Scot had told me and will dang sure hold her tree under pressure and has the kind of loud bawl mouth I like. Bo started the same way only treeing off a hot track and was tight on even a warm track but in the last couple months that has changed to him working some pretty tough tracks and giving mouth just right for me. I feel Bell will come around on tracking the same way he did. Just takes time in the woods and the patience to let their inborn ability come bubbling out.
Hey MR. ED, hows it going up your way? I have always been addicted to coon hunting, just got away from it for awhile but your right, the fever of the Blue hounds have me under their spell and I'm not hanging up the leash again. BO and Bell are quite the pair and more nights than not I come home proud of them and how there progressing. I'm going to hunt them out of the jet boat tonight so I hope I have a good story to write about in the morning. I'm planning on making the Fall Roundup and will be glad to see you and Mrs. Mary again. Hope you and all your family are doing well, take care and Good Hunting!
Dave, I saw on your thread that your crossing Lou on Grizzly owned by Chad L. He is a good looking hound that I see has been winning pretty regular and bred up right. That should be a great cross that puts out some top Cooners.

Old Post 08-21-2014 11:00 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Griz

Lou will be bred to Griz and I am thinking I should get something special. Guess we will have to wait a while to see how the cross turns out. Lou has a Loud mouth,quick off the lead,plenty of heart and drive,and is an every breath pressure chop mouth tree dog. I even think she's pretty.LOL! Her litter mates are also doing great. I have never hunted with Griz but the man that trained him booked a pup as soon as I posted I was going to breed to him. Said he was the best young hound he ever trained. I like his PED. and his looks as I saw him at the fall round up. He won the Nt.Ch. part of the hunt that night. I also enjoyed talking to Chad. Good luck with your hounds Steve. Dave P.S. Didn't know you and Mr. Frank were friends. I spent 5 days in the Blue room at Mr. Frank's one year and had a great time and Mrs. Barbra sure feed me great food. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Bell's Dam's Tree Style.

Last edited by david woofter on 08-22-2014 at 04:42 PM

Old Post 08-22-2014 04:07 PM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Fall Round Up

We will be tickled to see you. Good Lord willing we will have a good hunt. For you fellas that don't know Steve learned how to start young dogs from the master Mr. Frank Erwin. Steve raised the old IL. Smokey River Blue Jake, one of the better reproducing studs to ever come into this country. I believe he came from Mr. Frank.

Old Post 08-22-2014 04:20 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

LOU

Dave, Lou is a great looking hound and her and Griz should really put out some fine looking pups with the ability to get it done. I hunted with MR. Frank Erwin about 20 years. I didn't know squat about coon hunting when Frank took me under his wing and showed me how its done. He loved to raise pups and still does but its beagles now instead of the big Blues. I got out of coon hunting right before hurricane Katrina hit this area. Last hound I owned was a full brother to Pounder that Mackie Manns owned. He was a nice one. I jumped back into this great sport one year ago this month when I bought BO as a 7 week old pup from MR. Phil Davis and Kenny Hulse. I'm in it to the end now and when I cant follow them any longer one of these grand children will have to go get them off the tree for me. I still talk to MR. Frank every few weeks just to shoot the bull. Him and Mrs. Barbra are two wonderful people. Hope to see you at the Roundup, it would be a pleasure meeting you.
MR. ED, yes sir, Mr. Frank taught me a lot thru the years of hunting with him and after reading Walk With Wick I thought I could teach him a few tricks but that didn't happen. LOL! I know he got tired of me saying Wick would do this or Wick would do that! We had some great times. Jake did come from Mr. Franks and when I got him I hunted the hair off that dog and he was a good one but I bought that pup from Fred Lingo out of Jill and Wild N Blue Spanky that was their fourth cross and that pup I got was a natural from the start. When he went to treeing them regular I sold Jake and put my time in him. Glad You ended up with him and got to breed some good gyps to him. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 08-23-2014 12:36 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

Took Bo in the jet boat the other night but didn't do much. He worked a track away from the river into some bluffs and it just got away from him so I called him in after a while.
Watched the Nascar race Saturday night until about 10pm then loaded up Speck and Bell. They got after a couple and Bell went left and Speck right. Bell hit a tree after about 200yds and I went to her and she was on a big water oak and I couldn't find a good open spot to shine it so I didn't find him if he was there. Speck was treed by then and I loaded Bell on 4-wheeler and we road the trail in pretty close and I went to him. He was on a big hollow beech and I didn't find him. Cant believe he was in the den as hot as it is.
Brought Speck home and loaded Bo with Bell and we took off to Black Branch Swamp. Bell struck first about 150yds up the branch and BO soon put in with her. They got it going good but were headed to that jungle of a thicket. I sat on the 4-wheeler and listened to a fine summer night race for about 20 minutes. Bell located one time but Bo kept going and she moved on with him. 5 minutes later Bo roared out his big locate and before he finished the first one Bell screamed hers. Those two young hounds lit it up. I don't have a video on here that's even close to how hard they treed tonight, made the briar jungle not seem so bad as I plowed my way to them. They were on a big bushy pin oak out in the pine thicket and he was setting up top looking at me. Pushed the button to my laser and NOTHING! Dead battery so I flipped up the iron sights and after I reloaded twice I finally hit him and he fell on out. Big boar coon, probably same one they ran in there last week because he went the same way down through that briar thicket. They were treed over 30 minutes tonight and it was hot but both hounds seemed fine even though I was ready to fall out time I got back to the 4-wheeler and the water jug. Can't wait until a 50 degree night, Good Hunting!

Old Post 08-24-2014 08:26 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BANKSTONS PERFECT STORM

This is pup I got 3 weeks ago from Mark V. She is out of his DIZZIE gyp and PIAZON owned by Mike Shepard. DIZZIE is BOCEPHUS sister. BOCEPHUS is owned by MR. Phil Davis and he is my BO's sire. Mason trying to show her some bream in the river.

Old Post 08-24-2014 07:22 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Kids and Bluetick Puppies

Cake and Ice cream doesn't go togeather any better than that. Steve that's a great picture. The only thing that worries me about Tramp is I hunt by myself all the time and he don't get a chance to hunt with strange dogs. I thought maybe one night before the Fall Round Up We might pick us a nite that's a little cooler than the last few have been and get togeather and take us a hunt. I sure been wanting to see Bo go. Take care Steve and I'll talk to you a little later. I hope that hand is about well.

Old Post 08-25-2014 06:41 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and TRAMP HUNT

WE will do that, just let me know when its a good time for you and yes cooler weather would be nice. I can come over your way and bring my 4-wheeler or you are more than welcome anytime to come this way. I'm like you in that BO hasn't been around but a couple strange hounds. Thanks for the compliment on the picture, country boys just don't look right in a picture without a hound pup tagging along. The finger is all good, had to go back to DR. last Thursday and he is making me take another week of antibiotics but I don't have to wear bandage on it and its feeling fine. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 08-26-2014 02:06 AM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

still enjoy your hunts!!! thankyou for being honest and putting it real!! was a great way to spend a minute during the ankle healing process and our heat is so bad right now I stayed in!!!

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 08-26-2014 04:24 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote